Question | What Motorsport / Sim Racing Themed Gifts Did You Get For Xmas?

IMG_0633.JPG

Some golf balls (Titleist Pro V1)

That's about as close to car/sim related my presents were this Christmas

I did buy myself the Road to the Black Sea expansion for ETS2 (if that can count)

Nothing directly for me but another set of karting cadet academy sessions for my 10-year-old. It's been great seeing his lap times drop from 47 seconds to a best of just under 39 seconds over the year (38 seconds is a good competitive junior time at the circuit). His first podium for a 3rd place finish was a highlight of the year. The instructors are great with the kids.

I'm well past the peak of my racing and track day time so it's great to enjoy this all again with the kids.

Also on the toy front, we've had a ton of fun with Hotwheels ID, it looks simple but it's more fun, in reality, going for those sub 1-second lap times. I have to keep reminding him the GTR ID car is mine ;)

I’m fortunate enough that I’m happy with my rig now so don’t feel the need to make any upgrades. A DD wheel might be in my future but not for a while yet.

However the awesome late year upgrades that Raceroom made to their aging sim were good enough that I got myself another 5000 VRP so that I could pick up the newer content. Raceroom really is great now, but I dream of what it would be like with a more modern graphics engine!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 455 39.3%