Question Time: Your Favourite Track Not in a Sim

Thunder Hill, it’s an amazing track, many layouts, had a huge addition in recent years, and hosts the longest endurance race, the 25h thats a combination of pros all the way to home brew grass roots teams.

Great Question! I did some quick checks and between the Motorsport Magazine database and Racing Circuit info there are 931 real world venue's listed: many have multiple track-layouts and historic versions.

Between AMS, AC, ACC, iRacing, PC2, R3E and rF2, 173 of those venues are simulated (again, many have multiple track layouts and historic versions) and that isn't counting the many mods. Older sims also have still further venues.

All that to say that indeed we are already having a very rich choice already.

Quite amazing how many are unable or just don’t care about reading and understanding the OP properly.
I hope this is not exemplary for the whole community...

I'd love to see some Australian tracks past and present such as Lakeside, Barbagallo, Oran Park, Amaroo and Hidden Valley. Still love to drive them in GTR2 but made to modern standards by a developer would be great to see.

+ Sandown and Symmons Plains!

Also how come no one mentioned Mondello Park? Such an awesome and fun/flowing circuit or maybe it's just Toca 3 nostalgia kicking in.

For R Factor 2 , Adelaide GP up to 1995, before it was changed to the supercar layout used today. There has been a few low quality ones put out.( a 1993 Senna last win in the S397 mod MP4/8 car would be great) (Mansells last win in 1994)
Hockenheim old lay out, Silverstone old lay out, in good quality.
I suppose there are a few tracks out there that have been modified for modern cars that could use a good high quality pre-modified version to race the cars from their different eras.
Older cars were not designed with multiple chicanes in mind.

Last edited:
Would be interesting to make a list of all racing tracks from the world and of all times and tag them up with release date and if they are first party, third party, or if they are not partying at all :D

Could start picking from https://www.racingcircuits.info/

But they don't have every track, for example they don't have my love - Nemuno Ziedas.

@silhouette106 Here, take a DEEEP look.:thumbsup:
Mid Ohio is in RF2, Iracing and RaceRoom
After i have checked for myself again i couldn't find Mid Ohio as an
OFFICIAL track for RF2 to be honest. A mod version, yes, but not
as official content. Thing is, it seems very hard to get exact informations
about content for RF2 for some reason so i may just have missed it.
Can anyone confirm that Mid Ohio is actually official content?

maxresdefault.jpg

Pippo karting track where i spent a lot of time during my childhood. It might be demolished soon because there's gonna be highway passing by near.

Bilster Berg. Probably one of the best test tracks in the world. Extremely challenging, with elevation change at every single corner. It's almost like the Nordschleife compressed to ~4 km. I do have it as a mod track for AC, but I'd love for it to be included as first-party content by some developers. I can somewhat understand why it hasn't been included anywhere though; it's not really a good track for actual racing.

Surfers Paradise circuit circa 1970, before it was sold off to a Japanese Conglomerate to build a retirement home for elderly Japanese, which never came about and lost us Aussies another really good circuit.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.