Question Time: Your Favourite Track Not in a Sim

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Thruxton.jpg

Tell us what track you'd really like to see added to a modern racing sim...

Sim racing is going through a golden period at the moment with plenty of great games available to try, but despite the depth of quality, not everything in the world of motorsport has been covered off across the board.. making me wonder, what is your favourite circuit that hasn't been represented in a modern racing simulation?

Now I know we've had loads of tracks courtesy of the many talented modding folks, but I'm talking about first party, original content here.

So, what track hasn't been included in a modern sim, but you'd love to drive.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Brooklands (thats quite old one)(in fact the first one)
broo.gif

Actually quite disappointed about lack of interest in classics on the official level. But it will only get less and less relevant. Sadly. There are quite a bit of classic cars, but classic tracks seems to be quite a rare option regarding first party.

So I suppose we should talk more about modern racing tracks, and the first party...

Some tracks that comes to mind which are quite known, but not very much used by first party in simracing:
Sachsenring
Montreal
St.Jovite
Sonoma
Willow Springs
Dijon
Croft

And many many less known but awesome tracks...

Phoenix street circuit 1990 or 91.

I've wanted someone to do this track for years, however I suspect the track itself would be quite dull to drive.

But with there being so much good 1990 / 91 F1 content around, it would be a welcome addition to various sims just to be able to drive another '91 era track.

A good Adelaide track from the same era too.

Phoenix street circuit 1990 or 91.

I've wanted someone to do this track for years, however I suspect the track itself would be quite dull to drive.

But with there being so much good 1990 / 91 F1 content around, it would be a welcome addition to various sims just to be able to drive another '91 era track.

A good Adelaide track from the same era too.
Automobilista has an awesome Adelaide track, both modern and classic layouts. Also there is a great 3rd party Phoenix. I thought it would be terrible but I must say that layout is a blast in the F1 1991 mod!

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%
  • €3001-5000