Question Time: Your Favourite Track Not in a Sim

Bilster Berg. Probably one of the best test tracks in the world. Extremely challenging, with elevation change at every single corner. It's almost like the Nordschleife compressed to ~4 km. I do have it as a mod track for AC, but I'd love for it to be included as first-party content by some developers. I can somewhat understand why it hasn't been included anywhere though; it's not really a good track for actual racing.

To be fair, the mod was made using CAD data supplied by Tilke's company, so the track surface itself is fairly accurate.

Long Beach GP track done in full-stop laser scan quality like Sebring in rFactor 2. iRacing only has a bare ‘tech track’ version. Even though ACC is Blancpain focused, it would be great to have other track add-ons such as this. Or if someone wants to make a IMSA GTLM and GTD focused sim like ACC.

Last edited:
The reading comprehension in this thread…
giphy.gif

Having corrected people on previous posts about tracks which are already in sims (I see from a couple of posts above nothing has changed - tears hair out - Long Beach is in PC2) I must now withdraw my previous nomination of Goodwood.

Apparently it is coming for GT Sport.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-website-lists-goodwood-motor-circuit-as-gt-sport-track/

Shame I don't have a PlayStation.

Pls don’t tear your hair out and start chain smoking over this! Lol. :rolleyes: Forgot about PG2 and Long Beach GP - spend my time with rFactor 2 and ACC these days.

Belgium which is in my top 10 all time ...it is still wrong in rF2, the new version in GPL is more realistic
Kemmel straight kink had camber and you couldn't straight line it like you can in rF2

Here is what I meant .......in rFactor2 kemmel kink is straight lined @100% throttle, watch the hands

Now watch new GPL layout ( @6:50 ) ... slight lift and look at hands, well you don't need to watch hands you can see there is a actual corner

Charade, Mont Tremblant, old Fuji, Pau, Vila Real, Knockhill, Willow Springs, old Hermanos Rodriguez, Assen, Rouen, Dijon, Reims - these I would love to drive in laser scan versions. I know a couple are available, but not in laser scan or close enough. (Lime Rock in rF2 is "close enough". Charade in AC is not.)

Circuit Mont Tremblant (St. Jovite). Brilliant, beautiful place. Shame it gets no love anymore (in real life, either).

If we're being pedantic and elitist about what we call a racing sim, Montreal, as well. It's a circuit that should be terrible to drive, but I still enjoy it and it often provides for a great race.

As an anglo, kinda mad that my two top choices are in Quebec (har har!). Fine, I'll add Westwood as well. Before the current residential/golf course makeover, of course.

I loved that track before the renovations. It was like a wild drive through the woods. Hilfiger took away a lot of the character, though I realize it was probably in the name of commercial viability.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%