PC3 Project CARS 3 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly delayed news about a Slightly Mad Studios product - Project CARS 3 is now available to the general public having released on console and PC Thursday 27th August.
  • PCARS 3 available on Xbox, PS4 and PC.
  • Over 200 cars and 120 tracks available.
At long last, following a brief early access period for people who pre-ordered the title, Project CARS 3 has finally released to the wider world - hitting real and virtual stores yesterday (Thursday 27th August) for both console and PC versions of the title.

PCARS 3 Middle.jpg

Representing something of a departure from the original Project CARS franchise, the third instalment of the series places a greater focus on the customisation of both the car and game experience - moving away from the more simulation roots of the original games.

With a loyal fanbase of the original games having mixed feelings about the new direction on the build up to release, it will be very interesting indeed to see how well received the new title is over the coming days and weeks.

PCARS 3 Middle 2.jpg

About the game:

OWN YOUR JOURNEY

• 200+ elite-brand race & road cars
• 120+ global tracks
• Wide set of race conversion kits
• Race to earn Credits & XP
• Buy & own 100s of cars
• Upgrade cars with realistic performance parts
• Customize your car liveries with racing- & community-inspired elements
• Personalize your drivers

FEEL EACH MOMENT

• Fully scalable assists for all skill levels
• Convincing & fun handling
• 24-hour cycle, dynamic all-seasons, all-weather racing
• Unrivalled Controller Experience
• Visceral sense of speed
• Intense crash effects & car-contact
• Enhanced AI

EARN EVERY WIN

• New & deeply engaging career mode
• Battle your way up from weekend warrior to racing legend
• New & compelling Multiplayer and Community Modes
• Fun & exciting Daily Challenges

Project CARS 3 is available now for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Got questions about the sim? Want to share your thoughts and opinions about the latest title with the sim racing community? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread today!

PCARS 3 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Just a thought for keyboard players ......go try rFactor2 for 90 minutes ( refund) using any aids you need

On K/B game pad it feels twice as good as this, you sense the tyres ( tires) squirming and chassis and it steers 200% better ;)

For arcade Forza is a much better drive and more importantly not limited by invisible walls but I still think rF2 aids is better as well

imho :)

Slightly delayed news about a Slightly Mad Studios product - Project CARS 3 is now available to the general public having released on console and PC Thursday 27th August.
  • PCARS 3 available on Xbox, PS4 and PC.
  • Over 200 cars and 120 tracks available.
At long last, following a brief early access period for people who pre-ordered the title, Project CARS 3 has finally released to the wider world - hitting real and virtual stores yesterday (Thursday 27th August) for both console and PC versions of the title.

View attachment 401838

Representing something of a departure from the original Project CARS franchise, the third instalment of the series places a greater focus on the customisation of both the car and game experience - moving away from the more simulation roots of the original games.

With a loyal fanbase of the original games having mixed feelings about the new direction on the build up to release, it will be very interesting indeed to see how well received the new title is over the coming days and weeks.

View attachment 401836

About the game:

OWN YOUR JOURNEY

• 200+ elite-brand race & road cars
• 120+ global tracks
• Wide set of race conversion kits
• Race to earn Credits & XP
• Buy & own 100s of cars
• Upgrade cars with realistic performance parts
• Customize your car liveries with racing- & community-inspired elements
• Personalize your drivers

FEEL EACH MOMENT

• Fully scalable assists for all skill levels
• Convincing & fun handling
• 24-hour cycle, dynamic all-seasons, all-weather racing
• Unrivalled Controller Experience
• Visceral sense of speed
• Intense crash effects & car-contact
• Enhanced AI

EARN EVERY WIN

• New & deeply engaging career mode
• Battle your way up from weekend warrior to racing legend
• New & compelling Multiplayer and Community Modes
• Fun & exciting Daily Challenges

Project CARS 3 is available now for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Got questions about the sim? Want to share your thoughts and opinions about the latest title with the sim racing community? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread today!

View attachment 401839
Having fun with arcade PC3. I have Accuforce wheel and it feels great - I don't think pcar 1 or 2 that great for ffb to begin with (I own) but those had more configurability and sim features, that were less important to me. I like the grind of an arcade racer versus prep, practice and qualifying

Arcade PC3 is exactly what I wanted after more or less no single player campaign for PC1/2 (I had both). I like the progression and having to work for things. Although PC1/2 had better SIM capabilities (don't think the FFB was anything but average) I didn't value except for in cockpit adjustments to driver position. I like having more road cars.

Laws of Physics ?

HIGHLANDER.jpg

Food for thought instead of picking on each others sims

I would like all studio heads to explain why people that strive for realism in every little facet from shoes they wear to controller tweaks should readily accept various philosophy for fundamentals

Reality is if you drove 5 same model brand new car on the same track with the same tyre pressures they would all feel identical ..........why should we accept less is all I say ? :)

Laws of Physics ?

View attachment 402831

Food for thought instead of picking on each others sims

I would like all studio heads to explain why people that strive for realism in every little facet from shoes they wear to controller tweaks should readily accept various philosophy for fundamentals

Reality is if you drove 5 same model brand new car on the same track with the same tyre pressures they would all feel identical ..........why should we accept less is all I say ? :)
That assumes all the studio agree on the same implementation of the physics model, and like car makers IRL, there is no one way to do things.

A great VR Review video and a reasonably well balanced thoughts...although I personally think the general Car Audio is much improved over PC2 only with some cars audio sounding a little weak, based on my audio set up, so hopefully a future update will improve things ;):)
Lot of wrong things again here as saying for example that the onboard car graphics are better in Pcars 2. Check the pictures just above. lol

And yes it sounds better than Pcars 2 too. Now don't use the helmet sound to make a review of the sound.

There is a bad campaign against this game, it's just unbelievable.

Christ...

I have been a strong defender of Slightly Mad Studios´ games over the years. AND of Codemasters games... So I thought that a Codemasters owned Slightly Mad Studios game would be great... Boy was I wrong.

I tried the PC3
Tried it for 1½ hour
then I deleted it.

It´s really really REALLY bad. Such a shame. PC2 was so much fun.

PC3 looks bad and feels worse... SMS´games used to appeal to me.... Now I´m just appalled.

This is a reminder that the madness engine does not support mods of any kind this is what killed AMS 2 and Project cars 2 for me at least so if you want mods stick with rfactor 2/rfactor GTR2 or assetto corsa.

It is certainly not a mod platform such as rF2 or AC, but there were mods for both PC1 and PC2. While some mods such as custom ffb were very popular, I don't think the car mods have done that well. Partly IMO because PC2 already has such a huge line-up of cars and tracks you don't really feel you need more.

I'm just gutted SMS didn't continue perfecting the original ethos of PCars, I know people hated them and SMS but considering what they delivered which was more cars, more tracks, more weather than any other sim out there. The only one that came close content wise with weather was RF2. SMS just needed to refine the formula. It was already accessible for many so didn't need to go further down that route,

• Deleted member 963434

i now remember why i still keep pCARS2 on my disc , just spend 2 hours there :)
why? cause yo can make yo own free roam server anytime, like i did, i choose car, set multiclass like only road cars class d, e, f, g, short but fast track as ruapuna club circuit and there yo have like free weekend racing for amateurs, but i set qualy for 5 hours and we just drive there. we start in PITS , leave pits and onto the track faster cars pass slower cars, track is short like 1,60 km so yo always pass somebody slower or in slower car, faster cars pass yo, no racing just chillin there. good luck with that in pCARS3 , not to mention i regularly visit touristenfahren #2 server in pCARS2 there is nordschleive endurance layout, of course there are many like that in AC but here yo can choose car that is not in AC, also in AC server control how many cars and sometimes yo car is occupied, in pCARS2 yo can choose any. But most important in AC yo cant make own server wit track yo choose, and there are more tracks in pCARS2 so yo choose short track make 5 hours qualy and everyone just drive like they go in real life at track pay for enter and drive them cars not racing. now yo cant make it in pCARS3 as there no qualy, random grid and yo just racing there wit sweatlords so desperate to win they pushin yo off track and rage quittin when crash

The important part of that sentence was "content"....ACC only having 2 classes GT3 and GT4 and WAY less tracks. That simplifies things considerably for the devs, less cars, less data, less tracks....that was my point.

AC has the similar content but not the weather.

So correct me. If i drive a Ferrari or a Porsche the weather is different? Maybe those rain droplets hit a Mercedes with different textures? Or if i play at Spa or Brands hatch? Does rain depend on location? Maybe i missed your point.

Without reading through 16 pages of comments, my thoughts are that PC3 is not bad at all. Certainly not a sim racer, but more of a fun racer like Forza, GRID, or NFS Shift. This game has a LOT in common with the NFS shift games, not sure why they didn't use that series to name it. It would have been more appropriate than the Project Cars series. The game feels a lot like NFS Shift and GRID mixed together which is not a bad thing. Controls are very good with a gamepad, not so much with a wheel. I'm enjoying it, as long as you know what you're getting when you buy it, you shouldn't be disappointed.

Without reading through 16 pages of comments, my thoughts are that PC3 is not bad at all. Certainly not a sim racer, but more of a fun racer like Forza, GRID, or NFS Shift. This game has a LOT in common with the NFS shift games, not sure why they didn't use that series to name it. It would have been more appropriate than the Project Cars series. The game feels a lot like NFS Shift and GRID mixed together which is not a bad thing. Controls are very good with a gamepad, not so much with a wheel. I'm enjoying it, as long as you know what you're getting when you buy it, you shouldn't be disappointed.
I am sure all the hate is caused by the choice of naming it pcars3. if not, nobody would really care at all.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.