PC3 Project CARS 3 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly delayed news about a Slightly Mad Studios product - Project CARS 3 is now available to the general public having released on console and PC Thursday 27th August.
  • PCARS 3 available on Xbox, PS4 and PC.
  • Over 200 cars and 120 tracks available.
At long last, following a brief early access period for people who pre-ordered the title, Project CARS 3 has finally released to the wider world - hitting real and virtual stores yesterday (Thursday 27th August) for both console and PC versions of the title.

PCARS 3 Middle.jpg

Representing something of a departure from the original Project CARS franchise, the third instalment of the series places a greater focus on the customisation of both the car and game experience - moving away from the more simulation roots of the original games.

With a loyal fanbase of the original games having mixed feelings about the new direction on the build up to release, it will be very interesting indeed to see how well received the new title is over the coming days and weeks.

PCARS 3 Middle 2.jpg

About the game:

OWN YOUR JOURNEY

• 200+ elite-brand race & road cars
• 120+ global tracks
• Wide set of race conversion kits
• Race to earn Credits & XP
• Buy & own 100s of cars
• Upgrade cars with realistic performance parts
• Customize your car liveries with racing- & community-inspired elements
• Personalize your drivers

FEEL EACH MOMENT

• Fully scalable assists for all skill levels
• Convincing & fun handling
• 24-hour cycle, dynamic all-seasons, all-weather racing
• Unrivalled Controller Experience
• Visceral sense of speed
• Intense crash effects & car-contact
• Enhanced AI

EARN EVERY WIN

• New & deeply engaging career mode
• Battle your way up from weekend warrior to racing legend
• New & compelling Multiplayer and Community Modes
• Fun & exciting Daily Challenges

Project CARS 3 is available now for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Got questions about the sim? Want to share your thoughts and opinions about the latest title with the sim racing community? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread today!

PCARS 3 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 963434

and yo take old f1 cars in sims like from 1960s and they hard to drive yo need to be so carefull and i watched old nurburgring footage of f1 and they was goin sideways somewhere. here yo have videos

if yo drive like that in sim yo gone, sims require yo to drive carefully, slow precise wheel movement, and i see in all real racing videos they turn them wheels so fast an not much precise, like exactly opposite to that in sims. and i saw there is more comparable wheel movement in pCARS2 to real life than AC to real life, there yo see biggest difference

Despite all the criticism they are off to a good start
View attachment 402178
View attachment 402179
Are they? Do you want to compare 3's success with 1 and 2?

Also, a supposed "accessible" racing game made "for everyone", created for a quick buck with far more marketing, only having more 68 players than an obscure Sim? That's a good start to you?

At least Automobilista 2, during the same time-frame, has been more successful than the first one.

Not really, I wasn't really interested what you had to say next, following the ridiculous intro I quoted.

And yes, it's an arcade racer, with all that comes with it. That includes the things you're describing. It's nothing new. These "do races to progress in a career" games have always been grindy and trying to make the career mode last as long as possible. Some more, some less, but they've all done this. It's not exclusive to f2p mobile games. If anything, it's where the f2p mobile games got it from.

I see you just have a problem with criticism of the game then, rather than the criticism itself. Noted.

Thanks for the link. This guy should get an award for his commentary. I'm really enjoying all of the hysterical sarcasm. Belly laughs are always a great way to start out the day.
Yeah this guys channel is great he always seems to do really nice reviews on content, he plays RF2 a lot as well awesome channel deffo one to sub!

and yo take old f1 cars in sims like from 1960s and they hard to drive yo need to be so carefull and i watched old nurburgring footage of f1 and they was goin sideways somewhere. here yo have videos

if yo drive like that in sim yo gone, sims require yo to drive carefully, slow precise wheel movement, and i see in all real racing videos they turn them wheels so fast an not much precise, like exactly opposite to that in sims. and i saw there is more comparable wheel movement in pCARS2 to real life than AC to real life, there yo see biggest difference

Easy or hard as the description car handling and reffering to realism is useless without being clear about circumstances, also without reference to driver skills and proper critical expectation of how difficult it should seem for a particular skills level. As for circumstances, for example, difficulty of driving smooth, or difficulty of keeping flow and control when driven car in rough way.

The video you have posted doesn't seem to be onboard of F1 car, and it also seems to be sped up few percent. Assuming that the car is being driven properly at the limit there, it can be seen that it is not being drifted madly, it can mean that it is easy to keep car within limits or/and it could mean that it is better for a driver not to have huge drifts, it can be seen some playful powerslides here and there, nothing exaggerated. It can't be told from that video how easy it was, plenty of wheel movements can mean that there are plenty of corrections going on, and that would suggest particular level of consntration necessary.

Moreover, it is very untrue and misleading to say that all simulations simulate similar cars the same, there are various different interpretations of such cars in simracing, also you are missing an important part of being critical to own driving ability. It is true that they appear to be sawing steering quite a lot in many videos of similar cars like that, but I think your assumption that they aren't being careful and precise when doing that is incorrect. First of all they aren't careful enough because they push cars to the limits, but they surely are careful and precise when doing all those control adjustments and corrections, and they know what they are doing.

Here's some info for getting your graphics setup for those struggling.
Thank you so much for this info :thumbsup::thumbsup::D...helped alot, and even though I had PC3 maxed out on all settings I personally found it to be still playable at 30FPS with my older PC specs and Triple Screen set up.

Did some MSI Afterburner screen Shots...not that anyone would be interested :rolleyes::confused::roflmao::roflmao:
Only adjusted in-game 'Super Sampling' setting and it made all the difference for what I want :thumbsup::thumbsup:
and gained approx 38 FPS from 'Medium' setting to turning 'OFF' supersampling...all other settings still maxed out...more than happy with that.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Super Sampling MEDIUM - highest setting...then random in-game screen shot while driving
0 PC3 MSI AFTERBURNER Supersample MEDIUM Menu.jpg

0b PC3 MSI AFTERBURNER Supersample MEDIUM photo.jpg

Super Sampling LOW setting...then random in-game screen shot while driving
1 PC3 MSI AFTERBURNER Supersample LOW Menu.jpg
1b PC3 MSI AFTERBURNER Supersample LOW photo.jpg

Super Sampling OFF setting...then random in-game screen shot while driving
2 PC3 MSI AFTERBURNER Supersample OFF Menu.jpg
2b PC3 MSI AFTERBURNER Supersample OFF Photo.jpg

So i had asked in/r/simracing what all the drama was about it's not necessarlly the game is bad it's just that you all invested into sms studio to create essentially the ultimate successor to iracing/isi g motor 2 and you all did not get what you paid for i can see why y'all are pissed now perhaps you guys should contact a lawyer or something for trying to profit off your company.

Now available in 4K.

For people who said that it looks worst than NFS and Pcars 2.

Check the true reflections on the glassy dashboard of the Bentley.;)

Had a funny race with VR and GT cars in Knockhill (very short track).

VR works fine.

Is this the video that proves Project cars 2 is inferior than Project cars 3? All in 4K. Most games look pretty good in 4k.

Personally for me, I find Pcars 3 looks worse on the sameness Pc than Pcars 2. The reflections seemed to have this weird over saturated white shine to it that is weird. Draw distance is odd too, the pop ins are much more prominent.

Pcars 3 is fun as a controller game but I don’t think it is worth it at full price.

you have a pretty weird concept of simracing, or videogames in general for that matter.
it's 2020 dude, the entire videogames industry has changed a bit since 2006.
Really? I don't think so. You can play games if you wanna, it's easy but not challenging in any way, see this:

This is HC simracing (see GPL video below), you just can't drive flat out until you learned how to drive these monsters! It will take months to learn how to drive fast with this sim, that's why most of you do not like it, you do not have time to learn, you wanna beat Hamilton immediately because you wanna be hero number1!

Seriously, how long does it take to get F1 driving position, long time, normally years, you have to drive years karting, smaller formula cars etc. It's is a long way. So why simracing should be easier? I just tested official F1 2019 game and it was ridiculous, anyone can drive it fast, what is the point of that?

GPL driving, yeah, this is the best sim ever made, it is too difficult for most of "simracers" so that's why you do not like it. Okay, it is old, I myself do not drive it so often nowdays because of AC etc. but GPL separates good and bad drivers best. Last time I tested it this summer and it works fine in Win 10.

You wanna learn more? See this, see especially last minutes how McLaren guy reprimands Bono Huis after they just adored Greger Huttu, the one of the fastest GPL driver ever.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 12.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.6%
  • Friday

Votes: 50 36.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 82 59.4%