PC3 Project CARS 3 | New Game Announced For Summer 2020 Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have dropped their first reveal trailer for Project CARS 3 - also confirming the game will be available on console and PC this summer.

With two and a half years having passed since Project CARS 2 hit the public stores back in September 2017, Slightly Mad Studios have undergone quite a bit of change, having teamed up with Codemasters and announced their Fast and Furious arcade racer.

Well, the team are back again this year it seems, with the third instalment of the Project CARS franchise due to drop in just a few short months.

Not much is known about the new game at this stage, however the announcement trailer and tweet do suggest maybe a more street car focus for the new title, which is an interesting change of direction from the first two instalments in the franchise.

Stay tuned for more information as and when it becomes available.

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Stay tuned for the upcoming Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment - a great place to discuss this interesting new title with fellow simulation fans.

PCARS 3 1.jpg

I had a sizeable list of things I wanted for PC3 (https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/project-cars-revolution-wish-list.163180/post-2947378) as while PC2 was fine it could clearly do with enhancement to make it a better sim and game. Looks like they ignored my (and others) lists for where they wanted the game to go and got Codemastered into making an arcade game. It is kind of sad, I was actually hoping they might finally sort out their physics and FFB in PC3 and then it would become a force in the simulation world but alas they went chasing after a different audience.

Utter delusion im afraid.
You're right i'm scared too

Not surprising in the past, I released modifications here with serious physical errors in the geometry of the suspension and the inertia of the wheels.

Users praised those modifications, some even said they could be used as real-life training

Hahahahahahahaha the simulation experts. Best of all many who criticize me liked my mods

Perhaps most people would react better or be more openminded when a new PCars is announced but it’s all down to the pretentious manner of a certain CEO and his bold claims that I personally don’t want to invest any more second in this franchise.

I'm still giving it 1 % of hope, but it looks really bad.

If this is "acrade mode" with all the assists on and "arcade graphic settings" which can be turned off, then there still might be some hope...

The screenshots looks nice, but that beta gameplay looks terrible (even graphics seems worse to me than PC2) - I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw the car gently bumping into other ones and the rear spoiler just falls off.

I was hoping for roads / traffic, but it seems like closed circuits on roads, which are wide as motorway (same as Forza Horizon). I would really love to have at least some "simcade" driving on real open roads (something similar to DR2 Spain / Monaco), but I guess it's not meant to be any time soon (if ever).

I really liked PC2, and was looking forward to PC3, but not any more...

I wonder how much these comments about PC2 being thrash in "Sim community" affected this course of development. PC2 was nice sim with lot of problems, but was very good for me, especially when I was beginning with the hobby.

Basically, you can't blame them. An arcade game once in a while can be nice.

After that, we've already got a lot of simulation stuff going on right now.

If only Disney could release a sequel to Split Second... that arcade game was so much fun.

DO you believe everything you hear?
AMS2 is excellent , if the madness engine sucked Reiza wouldnt go anywhere near it.
An excellent rubbish
Automobilista no simulator

A caterham slidding to 180km

Or vintage formula that drives like a fvee kilos and kilos of grip under the accelerator

We could include their behavioral errors through inertia (the car turns on a central axis)

suspension bounces uncontrollably without damping sensations just bounces

The grip is yes and no through the accelerator pedal release and grip

Tendency to oversteer ohh expect oversteer with the classic formula at 250km and easy to catch the slide, ohh yes very realistic

.Ohhhh yess the excellent simulator

An excellent rubbish
Automobilista no simulator

A caterham slidding to 180km

Or vintage formula that drives like a fvee kilos and kilos of grip under the accelerator

We could include their behavioral errors through inertia (the car turns on a central axis)

suspension bounces uncontrollably without damping sensations just bounces

The grip is yes and no through the accelerator pedal release and grip

Tendency to oversteer ohh expect oversteer with the classic formula at 250km and easy to catch the slide, ohh yes very realistic

.Ohhhh yess the excellent simulator

I cannot second that.
sorry

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play