PC2 Project CARS 2 Released on Xbox One, PS4 and PC

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2.jpg

Highly anticipated racing simulation Project CARS 2 has been released today, marking the return of the best selling franchise to both console and PC systems.

Developed by Slightly Mad Studios and community backers from the world of sim racing, using the experience of professional race drivers the likes of former Top Gear Stig Ben Collins and sometime Renault Clio racer Nicolas Hamilton, Project CARS 2 looks set to be the most ambitious racing project yet from the British based development team.

Featuring over 180 cars and 60 locations on launch and benefitting from live track technology, advanced weather effects and class leading graphics, Project CARS 2 looks very likely to become yet another best selling release across all platforms following release today.

Unfortunately we have not been able to get access to an advanced copy of the game prior to launch, however in constant quest to bring you all the news and opinion from sim racing (haha, well actually because I cant resist a racing game) I will be purchasing testing this thing thoroughly tonight, with a view to writing up an article over the weekend with my first impressions.

About the Game
  • 180+ licensed cars from iconic manufacturers
  • Full 12K & VR Support
  • Tested and tuned by pro racing drivers
  • All-new motorsports (IndyCar, Oval Racing, Rallycross) join old favorites incl. GT3
  • LiveTrack 3.0: Dynamic surface & weather physics affect vehicle performance and handling in real-time
  • New loose surface racing (ice, dirt, mud)
  • Full 24-hour cycle featuring real-time atmospheric conditions and seasonal ambience
  • State-of-the art physics model
  • Revamped gamepad handling
  • Class-leading Esport capabilities

Project CARS 2 is available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Project CARS 2 - 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 - 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 - 4.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to catch up with the latest news, engage in lively discussions with the community, download some mods and get yourself out on the track in online races for both PC and console.

Well it's here! What do you think? Win, Lose or Draw? Improvement over PC1? Serious rival for the main PC racers? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
From what I've read from Ian Bell's posts, it's just pure disrespect to customers.

Maybe he's slightly mental. Has to be. I've never seen anyone so antagonistic towards his customers, and in a niche, passion-driven market too. That vibe seems to get picked up by any employee on the official forums too. They can't convey even the slightest, insignificant comment without snark and condescension. There are better communicators who work there (there has to be), but for some reason they avoid the forums...

The AMS crew are the perfect opposites. I always encourage people to reward them for good behavior by buying their stuff.

As for Kaemmer, I'm still grieving from the end of Project Wildfire.

I wasn't going to buy it because of the **** show that was pcars 1.. but against my better judgement ( and my need to always buy the newest "sim") I purchased it anyway. But not for a sim experience. I purchased it because I have a shiney new gaming laptop and i needed a game to play with a controller. So hopefully I can enjoy it that way. I played a little on my main rig with my tx wheel and it is definitely an improvement ffb wise. Still has the auto pitlane which is annoying. And maybe its just me, but i feel like the graphics took a step backwards. I have it fully cranked up and i feel like pcars 1 looked a little better. Especially AA wise. But all in all, I'm not regretting my purchase. I knew what i was getting. This and Forza are welcome additions to the pc racing world. Especially when i can play them with a controller when in the office at work. (on break of course ;)). BTW i got it for less than 50 bucks on a different site. a google search goes a long way

"Haters", when did this meaningless phrase begin? You know what I hate more than "haters", people who promote things far more than is deserved. Your posts sound like adverts for the sim, rather than your actual opinion.

I'll be cautious with PC2. The first one was all bells and whistles, but the driving experience was atrocious.
Nothing has changed...I tried so hard to see past the driving mechanics, but it's why I'm into SIM racing. I track my personal vehicle twice a month, so for the rest of the time, I need my fix and it's why I have invested substantially into my set up. I was hoping that PC2 would have corrected what PC1 got wrong, but sadly, outside of the content within the game, it fell flat on what was most important, the driving..

I'll sum it up for you. Haters are going to hate it, lovers of it will find no faults, and the truth is probably somewhere in between: it'll be a worthy addition to a simracing library. It may not be the sim your league goes to each week, but you'll still probably end up firing it up once a week just to turn some laps at XXX track at XXX car in XXX weather conditions when the mood strikes you.
Whole heartedly agree.

Nothing has changed...I tried so hard to see past the driving mechanics, but it's why I'm into SIM racing. I track my personal vehicle twice a month, so for the rest of the time, I need my fix and it's why I have invested substantially into my set up. I was hoping that PC2 would have corrected what PC1 got wrong, but sadly, outside of the content within the game, it fell flat on what was most important, the driving..
Everyone has their own opinion for sure. I played through the development and I have the full game now. I can go back to PCARS 1 and immediately tell quite a difference in almost everything so I just can't agree with you and quite frankly don't even understand how you reached your conclusion.

....well, I'm not disapointed, cause, finaly, this game is exactly what I excpected it to be : "same, with minor improvements....eventualy not as good as we hoped..."
graphics are still a bit better, menu is...well, i don't care about menu : it's usefull for console gamers...
Physics are PCars's ones...I mean on some cars it's ok, on others it's "strange"...
Is the game better than the PC1 ? Yes
Is the game a "new" game ? No
Am I stupid to bought it ? ....well.....still thinking about....I'd say : no.
Am I disapointed ? well....thinking again....I'd say : no, cause I knew this game won't be "the great game they tried to be", so i take it for what it is, a fun game, with good graphics (I don't use VR)...
Is it a "sim" ? ahah off course NO !
Is the AI better ? ...well...maybe...not particularly, so : No
Why they call it PC2 instead of "PC1 update" ? : $$$$$$$$$$$
Is it better than AC ? no
Is it better than iracing ? no
Is it better than AMS ? no
is it better than R3E ? no
Is it better than something ? yes: PC1 ;)
@++
PS : Don't think I hate it, it's a cool game, I'll play hours on this one, but I'm still waiting for a "next gen sim" (I uses to think that since the RF2 beta release, every "sim" had been more about graphics, and less about realistic physics, it started with AC, and continues with PC1...even iracing, my favorite title, become easier and easier every year...)
Man oh man... :roflmao:
I've read all of this and I thought... this man surely knows what he's talking about then I realized... you haven't even bought the damn game !?! :roflmao:
Lol o lol.... ohhh, you've fooled me, big time.
May I ask... how do you know all these... "facts", where did you collect them, on YT videos or what ? May I "follow" you from this point on ? You're so funny. :x3:

@BenCollins will you stop bitching about the game while you (too) don't have it and yet know all about it. Especially can you please stop trying to convince everyone to not buy it ? Would you do that for me ? And all that useless "haters" talk... open a new topic, will ya ?
Here, I'll even pick up a name for you - "the true definition of H.A.T.E.R.S. by Ben Collins".

Last edited:
from what I've heard, the game is a massive improvement from PCARS1, the weakest part is the AI, and I'm still waiting to hear about the online multiplayer league stuff.

I'm gonna wait a patch or two before making the purchase, besides, haven't had much time to play the sims I already have. haven't even touched the Ferrari DLC for AC.

but you gotta give some credit to SMS where it's due and look at this game with clean eyes and maybe forget the mess the first game was.

"Haters", when did this meaningless phrase begin? You know what I hate more than "haters", people who promote things far more than is deserved. Your posts sound like adverts for the sim, rather than your actual opinion.

I'll be cautious with PC2. The first one was all bells and whistles, but the driving experience was atrocious.

Jesus you say that then go on countless tirades...<SNIP>

Sorry if this is against forums rules but <SNIP>

Mod Edit: Please see our Terms of Service before posting. Abusive posts are not permitted.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s great! Didn’t discovered that yet! Thought that it didn’t change from PC1. Going to change that ASAP :thumbsup:
Cant remeber exactly which option its under but pretty sure its gameplay...if i recall you can also enable a formation lap and a manual in lap when the race ends instead of having the ai take over once you cross the fininsh.
As well as a pit cue option which highlights your pitstall and pit info. Set to off you have to know it your self and figure out your stall position based off the graphical ingame cues.

• Deleted member 99238

One can say unequivocally - the most beautiful racing game today is Forza Motorsport 7!
The best simulator for today - iRacing /AMS/AC/R3E (everyone chooses his own)!
Project Cars - bye!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't going to buy it because of the **** show that was pcars 1.. but against my better judgement ( and my need to always buy the newest "sim") I purchased it anyway. But not for a sim experience. I purchased it because I have a shiney new gaming laptop and i needed a game to play with a controller. So hopefully I can enjoy it that way. I played a little on my main rig with my tx wheel and it is definitely an improvement ffb wise. Still has the auto pitlane which is annoying. And maybe its just me, but i feel like the graphics took a step backwards. I have it fully cranked up and i feel like pcars 1 looked a little better. Especially AA wise. But all in all, I'm not regretting my purchase. I knew what i was getting. This and Forza are welcome additions to the pc racing world. Especially when i can play them with a controller when in the office at work. (on break of course ;)). BTW i got it for less than 50 bucks on a different site. a google search goes a long way
Not trying to beat up on you @Greg Latty, but I don't think many give it more than a few minutes before calling PC2 crap. Example, you mentioned "Still has the auto pitlane which is annoying" - this just isn't true, there is an option for manual. Just bringing this up as too many just jump to conclusions. There are a ton of options in PC2.
I too was thinking using the Steam 2-hour return as I really have more sims than I have time but the more time I spent with PC2 the more I liked. Will it replace my rF2, R3E, AMS, AC, etc., no, but those also don't stop me from wanting to race PC2 either. PC2 has things the others don't, why wouldn't I want all. I've never seen so many haters of a particular sim. AC guys slam rF2, rF2 guys slam AC, R3E guys slam AMS, AMS guys slam rF2, but they all slam PC - and PC1 did deserve some of it but PC2 is a different animal.
Nuff said, I'm old enough (63 yrs/young) to know I won't change anyone's mind, and that's not my intent, but those that are open minded may like to know that PC2 is an option to go along with their other favorites. Geeze!

Guys really a lot of people saying: it doesnt improve too much from PC1, rlly?.
Did you guys had even installed PC1 when PC2 came out? because i played it a day ago until PC2 came out and i have to say that its like day/night.
The handling model now is enjoyable and you can feel that you are driving a car, not like in PC1 where you feel you are driving a metal thing tied to the road.
The FFB is improved a lot and much easier to set-up
BTW, the LIVE-TRACK 3.0 isnt overhyped its lovely to see the water that remains after a storm and the cars drying it.

For me its a good buy, but guys dont say that u want hardcore physics when a lot of people here play just iracing ffs.
(Game on a i5-4440 / GTX750Ti / 16GB ram
FD564849B0833464D2CCD95779283859B53CE94F

Whats the deal with the AI making corners at impossible speeds while overtaking me. I race at 100% on AC and that **** never happens im set to 110 on here anf the AI are just stupid it doesn't feel like a race. Im at 98 mins so i think ill probably refund, shame as i like certain aspects of it, also TC is on or off, when its on its cranked up so stupidly high you basically feel like you can't put power down with any steering angle at all and off is inconvenient for long races jeez man they are not too far off now but too many major issues. Handling and ffb i would personally say are about 70% as satisfying as AC.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back