PC2 Project CARS 2 Released on Xbox One, PS4 and PC

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2.jpg

Highly anticipated racing simulation Project CARS 2 has been released today, marking the return of the best selling franchise to both console and PC systems.

Developed by Slightly Mad Studios and community backers from the world of sim racing, using the experience of professional race drivers the likes of former Top Gear Stig Ben Collins and sometime Renault Clio racer Nicolas Hamilton, Project CARS 2 looks set to be the most ambitious racing project yet from the British based development team.

Featuring over 180 cars and 60 locations on launch and benefitting from live track technology, advanced weather effects and class leading graphics, Project CARS 2 looks very likely to become yet another best selling release across all platforms following release today.

Unfortunately we have not been able to get access to an advanced copy of the game prior to launch, however in constant quest to bring you all the news and opinion from sim racing (haha, well actually because I cant resist a racing game) I will be purchasing testing this thing thoroughly tonight, with a view to writing up an article over the weekend with my first impressions.

About the Game
  • 180+ licensed cars from iconic manufacturers
  • Full 12K & VR Support
  • Tested and tuned by pro racing drivers
  • All-new motorsports (IndyCar, Oval Racing, Rallycross) join old favorites incl. GT3
  • LiveTrack 3.0: Dynamic surface & weather physics affect vehicle performance and handling in real-time
  • New loose surface racing (ice, dirt, mud)
  • Full 24-hour cycle featuring real-time atmospheric conditions and seasonal ambience
  • State-of-the art physics model
  • Revamped gamepad handling
  • Class-leading Esport capabilities

Project CARS 2 is available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Project CARS 2 - 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 - 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 - 4.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to catch up with the latest news, engage in lively discussions with the community, download some mods and get yourself out on the track in online races for both PC and console.

Well it's here! What do you think? Win, Lose or Draw? Improvement over PC1? Serious rival for the main PC racers? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
FYI, I found out that Jack Spade's files, which were pretty essential for PC1, killed the feel for many cars with my T300RS for some reason or another (too much clipping?). I changed to FFB to informative and with some fiddling, for example, FWD-cars feel quite good! So, many cars which I thought were simply duds, were not duds after all...:redface:

FYI, I found out that Jack Spade's files, which were pretty essential for PC1, killed the feel for many cars with my T300RS for some reason or another (too much clipping?). I changed to FFB to informative and with some fiddling, for example, FWD-cars feel quite good! So, many cars which I thought were simply duds, were not duds after all...:redface:
I am certainly one of those guys who spends inappropriate amounts of time adjusting FFB. But I feel it is truly essential to getting the full enjoyment out of any sim. Once you get it adjusted to what you feel is realistic, the whole experience level gets amped up exponentially. Cudos for posting that you were able to adjust it to your liking.
I too got the Jack Spade files as I used his files for setting up Pcars and thought I would give them a go here. But I wonder if using his settings in the custom column locks out the FFB slider adjustments in game, or are you flavoring his files too? I run an Accuforce so I also do a lot of adjusting in Sim Commander that runs that. The Game FFB is so good I don't mix in any "foundation" setting in sim commander for Pcars2, as I did in the original. I have gotten some really good results in the "Raw" setting, and will continue testing further. No doubt each controller and manufacturers driver interfaces with the sim a particular way, a bit of trial and error can be fun as long as it doesn't become tedious.

Last edited:
3 questions about PCars2
  1. In PCars1, one annoying issue was that the wheel would move on screen in a straight line even though the FFB would not transmit any movements, it was an immersion breaker, particularly in VR. Is it fixed?
  2. Also in VR, during development it was mentioned a few time that the vision in the mirrors was improved, as if you move your head, the view of what the mirrors shows would also change , like in real life, Is it the case?
  3. Are the mirrors adjustable for viewing angle, like they are in LFS?

Lets try something guys.Everyone hit the ignore button on the irritants,and we'l have a reasoned debate without hate on the pro's and con's of Pcars2.it's not a perfect sim,but non are.I personaly am having a great time with it.:)

No, what you'll have is an echo chamber. Remember when PC1 came out the fanboys said it was perfect!!! Called customers whiners and trolls on official forum.... Flash forward 12 or so patches later and it finally became a good game for the most part.... Now it's all "project cars 2 is so much better than first one." Etc etc... Echo chamber aren't good for progressing a game with issues... Or a country either NRA...

What's the deal with wet weather races? I ran a GROUP 5 race at Algarve and was using the Capri. During practise and quali it was dry, the car felt good having to control the rear as the boost hit but as soon as it went to race which I set to random, the car suddenly felt on rails? Didn't have to worry about the power and could just plant it on a soaked track, was really cheesy, confused.

There are definitely some oddities.. I go into an offline race, and the first session starts with cold tyres that take a while to warm up, as you'd expect (note that this is feel - I've not actually checked temperatures). Then I get to the race and the tyres are already warm (ie at full grip). This applies to all the cars I've tested.

• Deleted member 99238

There are definitely some oddities.. I go into an offline race, and the first session starts with cold tyres that take a while to warm up, as you'd expect (note that this is feel - I've not actually checked temperatures). Then I get to the race and the tyres are already warm (ie at full grip). This applies to all the cars I've tested.
On which class cars did you go?
I know for sure that the tires for cars GT3 class for the race is always warm.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 286 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%