Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

I could run a 1:35.6 in the Bentley with 80L. 1:34.4 w/15L that's with a setup but default tire psi.

Thanks. I seem to have fixed the rear with some suspension tuning. Still gets a little sketchy after the crest around 13/14 but it's much better. No longer flying off track.

Also adjusted the seat position so the right hand drive view is better. Default view seemed low and too far back.

Now to find some speed.

No longer flying off track

Lol. That's always good. Not that I'd be shocked to see it in this game. Didn't think about seat position, but I think I'm too comfy with the Audi to change right now. Maybe after the patch and we have some real feel in the wheel. I'm going to run a full race here tonight and see what happens with tires.

Weather? Well, I didn't see any screen tearing at Silverstone. Or very little. And the pits are jacked up regardless. I switched off of wets with no problem at Silverstone, but in the dry I have seen all sorts of bugs. One in particular is nasty -- the one that holds you in pit lane forever. The only thing that worries me about rain (rule stays the same for now) is the lobby size, but that's been a problem even in the dry. Hope we don't have to run two lobbies. We shall see. A couple of crashes and that's it...who's willing to guest host? Two options...which do you like better:
1. Qualify, then split the lobbies based on times, but give anyone who matches a time above them the same points.
2. Qualify, then split up and compare times afterward and order them accordingly.

This is a quote from the CEO of SMS re: online connectivity:
"We've found that about 50% of issues are resolved by connecting by ethernet cable directly."

Take it FWIW, which, coming from Mr. Bell, is not much. I'm hardwired, and sure it's always better to be hardwired, but the same people who can play Forza5 in 12-16 man lobbies can't play pCARS because of the instability. It's his usual defection of the games serious flaws. However, I would recommend being hardwired. Strongly. It's helped me, although it's not a substitute for a game working correctly.

I'm about a second off Michael's Bently pace, but tires are doing great. Really seem to have the setup nailed. I don't notice much drop-off in lap times due to tire wear. The problem is usually between the wheel and the seat. Lap was 1:35.623 on low fuel. Lowest I've gotten is about 1:35.2, but never into the 1:34s.

Im still in the BMW, Robert. There is only 4 liveries with the Bentley and I didn't think to adjust the seat to get a better view. That Right Hand drive really kills me. I'm just way more comfortable in my little roadster.

Taking 10 people and making two lobbies kind of takes the fun out of it for me. As long as every driver is in party chat that should greatly reduce the chances of a complete lobby meltdown.

I think it was Dylan who pointed out that chat is maxed at 8, but nothing prevents two chats either. It just kind of increases the risk all around. Bottom line is, just a :poop: job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes