Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Step back for a second Peter. The wheel is currently $299 here on Amazon. That's peanuts compared to what you are quoting. I'm sure there is a way to convert the power.
http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-...id=1434030008&sr=8-1&keywords=thrustmaster+tx
I could ship it after order. I checked on the USPS International site and they have something called flat rate pricing. $65 to the U.K. That's less than 50 Pounds.
http://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices.aspx?country=10150&m=13&dpb=0&mdt=2015/06/11 08:00&mt=12&dok=XX&dvi=200.00

Either a new one from here or mine would seem to be a pretty good deal.
That was for a maximum weight of 20lbs though and I thought you said it weighed 35?

Even at that price though I think i'm just going to have to hold fire Robert but thanks for trying :thumbsup:. $293 (£195) + $65 (£41) + new power supply would mean little difference overall and then there is the whole warranty issue which I am sure would be more problematical with a cross country purchase.

There are still some over here seeling at the original £219 price point but eveywhere at that price is currently out of stock so it's a case of waiting until they are available again I guess.

Yea, I just mentioned it Peter because I found it weighs less than 35lbs. and the warranty issue is immaterial in the short run. Plus you mentioned spending the money anyway. Less chance my wheel would break than the Spider. :thumbsup:

Just a quick note --
With the release of the new Bently Continental GT3, league participants are allowed to switch cars upon the happening of two events:
1. Any added GT3 car, to that car only.
2. To any car, after any patch is released altering the wheel or controller physics of the game.

Thanks.

I posted in the Round 2 thread before seeing this. Other than switching to the Bentley I'm locked into my Round 1 car for this race, correct?

You can change cars i) to the Bentley; ii) or any car later if a patch comes out affecting the force feedback on the controller or the wheel in any way. You can also obviously change if there is a game ending bug present in a certain car, but so far, I'm not aware. It's just crap all around.

Last edited:
Learned something new today with the TX pedals. I was modding my pedals, upgrading them with a bigger spring on the brake side. I started to flip out when I realized I messed up the Brake Potentiometer. I tried like hell for an hour to get the potentiometer back in the right position with my multimeter, only to realized by Reading the Bloody Manual, that the Pedals calibrate on every power cycle...duh!!! Anyway I now have a stiffer spring on my brake side and both pots are working great!

I'm going to tentatively signup for this. My woman has some stuff planned during the day but I'm hoping to get it over with early.

Not sure if it has been asked, can we use the new Bentley? If so, I'll use the Bentley. If not, I'll post my car selection later this evening.
That would be cool to see out there. I took the Bentley out for shits and giggles today, but I can't get used to the Right Hand Drive Perspective, it would take too much practice for me to get used to that.

I can see the DLC thing but if FFB changes, it will effect everyone, because it was confirmed only to effect FFB globally, not on the Individual level.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...-Release-notes&p=963837&viewfull=1#post963837

Having played a game that comes much closer to real ffb than pCARS, there is no doubt in my mind that a dramatic change in ffb will not only affect certain wheels differently, but certain cars differently, as you will see from the notes already made from the release of the PC patch. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?30820-Patch-1-4-FFB-reports) and (http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/patch-1-4-ffb.107101/).

In addition, this game is crap enough to not saddle everyone who expected (and rightly so) a whole lot more from the ffb and the gameplay with a car that is either massively changed handling wise or bugged. Until they get their sh*t straight, we can't be but so harsh with the rules. Also, the GT cars are very close in the same hands. But limiting the switch, I thought, was a good middle ground.

P.S. - Sounds like we are lucky to have Thrustmaster, though.

Patch 1.4 is reported to be released today for the PS4. You can look at this two ways -- Microsoft is overly bureaucratic, or Microsoft is more thorough, catching bad code and not approving it more often. Either way, PC and PS4 are out. Hopefully, Xbox will soon follow.

You can change cars i) to the Bentley; ii) or any car later if a patch comes out affecting the force feedback on the controller or the wheel in any way. You can also obviously change if there is a game ending bug present in a certain car, but so far, I'm not aware. It's just crap all around.

Sounds good.

I did a few blistering laps with it last night but I had some serious inconsistencies with the rear of the car. That said, I wasn't using TCS/ABS. I may enable those tonight and try again.

I'll let you know in the Round 2 thread tonight or early tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes