Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Q: Are you happy with your team-mate and car choice for up-coming season?
Very pleased with @Adel Elsayed and we are working well together so far. It's good to see that positive things we find in setup work for both of us. Car is a strange thing but we are finding time every time we drive it and when it's hooked up its amazing to drive.

Q: What are the main benefits of the car you have?
Traction out of slow corners
Wet grip
Ummmm

Q: What are your main aims for the first race?
We are slow here so our season starts at Dubai. Points are the aim and they may be crucial come Le man so it's important to score even when we aren't competitive.
Q: Which race over the course of the day do you think will deliver your best result?
Sprint for sure

Press Conference
Q:
Are you happy with your team-mate and car choice for up-coming season?
A: Yes

Q: What are the main benefits of the car you have?
A: POWEEEERRRR!!!

Q: What are your main aims for the first race?
A: Don't die

Q: Which race over the course of the day do you think will deliver your best result?
A: I have no clue

The Circuit

The Mount Panorama Bathurst circuit is a very challenging circuit; close walls, bumpy, and high speed. The circuit is a place synonymous with the V8 Supercars series, and it is now home to the opening round of Season Two of the Thursday Night GT Championship. The 3.86 mile long circuit will test the drivers to the limit, and with twenty turns to worry about, the cars will be put through their paces as well.

Season Two
There have been many changes to the championship since Season One; there is a new race format over the course of race day. Now, race day again begins with a fifteen minute Qualifying session. This decides the grid for the Feature Race. The Feature Race is around thirty minutes in length. After this, there is another ten minute Qualifying session, in which all but the top five of the Feature Race can Qualify. The teams have also changed between seasons; if you wish to see these changes, simply follow this link to the Teams & Drivers thread.

Season Preview
A preview of season two, presented by @Jonathan Seekings, @Adam Morris and @Ben Milden.

Setup Guide
Here is @Adam Morris presenting his season two feature, Setup Guide. Enjoy, watch and learn!

Press Conference
Q:
Are you happy with your team-mate and car choice for up-coming season?
Q: What are the main benefits of the car you have? Championship winning car with great top speed and quite stable over the bumps and kerbs.
Q: What are your main aims for the first race? Learn the car as quickly as possible and not make any mistakes then hopefully come away with a few points.
Q: Which race over the course of the day do you think will deliver your best result? Sprint race, but this track can throw a few banana skins so anything can happen in each race.

Proposed Series... comment and let me know what you think.

Renault RS01 series (Spec Car)
Race #1 Catalunya GP, Spain
Race #2 Circuit Zolder, Belguim
Race #3 Oulton Park, England
Race #4 Motorsports Arena Oschersleben, Germany
Race #5 Brno Circuit, Czech Republic
Race #6 Imola, Italy

Season 2 2016 GT World Endurance Challenge
Race #1 2.4 hrs of Daytona Road Course** (Dependent on DLC Release) or Watkins Glen
Race #2 Donnington GP, England
Race #3 Spa Francorchamps, Belguim
Race #4 2.4 hrs of Le Mans De La Sarthe, France
Race #5 Hockenheim, Germany
Race #6 Monza GP, Italy
Race #7 Road America, US
Race #8 Sakitto, Japan
Race #9 Zhuhai, China
(Season Finale, community vote)
Race #10 Bathurst, Australia or Raupuna, New Zealand

Like I said earlier. I was able to run 5 consistent laps of 1:59. Then I dropped to 8 consistent laps of 2:00. Then back up to 1:59 for a couple of more laps. That was with full fuel load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 485 69.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 298 42.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 320 45.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 149 21.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.1%
Back