Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Race #9
Dubai Autodrome

February 10th 9pm EST
5804424_orig-5530f31549172.png

Lobby starts at 8:40pm EST Invitations go out at 8:30pm EST
Comms: Party Chat unless we have more than 12 drivers then we will split room.
Practice: 30 mins
Qualifying: 20 mins** Starts at around 9:00 pm EST
Warmup: 10 mins
Laps: 49 Laps** Parade (48 hot laps)
Start: Standing Start with Pace Lap
Weather: for February 6th
Assists: Forced Real
View: Any
Damage:
Full
Mechanical Breakdowns: On
Tire wear: Real
Fuel usage: Real
Penalties & Flags: On
Race Time will be set for February 6th at 1800 Local time with x2 Time Progression. Weather will be corresponding to location and time.
Driver List
1. Ben Wells / Bot Zarf / Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3 #13 GT-Pro
2. Railer Cantrell / HRH Racing / Mercedes SLS #47 GT-Pro
3. Brian Batiato / SpiffPF2 / Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3 #46 GT-Am
4. Tom Senchak / the Dalai toma / BMW M3 #14 GT-Pro
5. Michael Watts / MichaeI Watts / BMW Z4 #82 GT-Pro
6. Nic Worsfold/ EpilepticToast / Aston Martin GTE #37 GT-Pro
7. Joe White / bigdaddvx2005 / BMW Z4 #99 GT-Pro
8. Nic Hurtado /Cubansandwich45 / BMW Z4 #13 GT-Am
9. Eric Cline / McNasty0421 / BMW Z4 #83 GT-Pro
10. Sean Fleming / Globespy / RUF RGT-8 #11 GT-Pro

Race #8 Zhuhai International Circuit 60 laps
Results
____________________________________________________________________________​
1. Michael Watts, BMW Z4 #82
2. Joe White, BMW Z4 #99
3. Tom Senchak, BMW M3 #14
4. Ben Wells, Aston Martin V12 #13
5. Nic Hurtado, BMW Z4 #13
6. Railer Cantrell, Mercedes SLS #47
7. Nic Worsfold, Aston Martin GTE #37
8. Reuben Watson, BMW Z4 #27
9. Brian Batiato, Aston Martin V12 #47
10. Lucas Gortman, BMW Z4 #84
11. Bob West, Aston Martin V12 #55
12. Robert Waddell, Mercedes SLS #16

As the points race tightens up the Series moves from the rolling hills and technical track of Sakitto to the Flat and fast Zhuhai in China's Guangdong Province. Zhuhai,a sprawling and modern city, plays host to the second to last round of the championship. A few new faces were on the grid for this weekends events. Newcomer, Ben Wells,surprised more than few with his top 3 times in practice. As usual Tom Senchak was fast as he, Wells, Michael Watts along with Railer Cantrell traded places for top times.
In Qualifying, track conditions proved a little tougher to gain grip and Watts was able grab the pole for the race, with a 1:31.958 edging Senchak who still put down a respectable 1:32.078. The only other car that could have gotten into the 31's was the Mercedes of Cantrell who had technical issues and wasn't able to qualify forcing him to a provisional. Joe White continue to show his improvement as the season moves on by grabbing 3rd followed by Wells for 4th, and Robert Waddell rounding out the top 5. Reuben Watson led the rest of the field in 6th with Nic Worsfold 7th, Nic Hurtado 8th, Bob West 9th, Brian Batiato 10th, and Lucas Gortman 11th.
After seeing some very close times in practice many of the drivers running with in a couple of tenths of one another it was expected to be a very competitive race. With a smooth start Watts jumped out front and tried to protect his new found points lead from Senchak's speedy M3. Senchak was attacking early but brake troubles would force him to fade back into the clutches of the rest of the field, allowing Watts to pull away. Waddell's day would end early with an accident forcing him to be the first retiree after such a promising qualifying. Joe White capitalizing on his new found success in the BMW found him racing hard with Wells and other new comer Nic Hurtado. As they fought back and forth battling hard, and rubbing fenders. Brake troubles still effecting Senchak created a four car battle until a mistake by Wells would place him into the sights of a speedy Cantrell and his Mercedes that would lend itself to a great battle as well. Worsfold had a bit of a struggle early catching a piece of Bob West's spin before settling in and finding a good pace, but ultimately finishing disappointing by his standards. West's day wasn't much better retiring early due to poor handling of his Aston Martin. Reuben Watson suffered from poor handling as well despite a good qualifying, but stuck with it to finish behind Worsfold. As the race wore on strategy began to play into the mix as pit stops began and darkness set in. Watts was the first one to pit for a scheduled stop, giving up his 20 second delta. As the other leaders pitted Watts regained the lead with a 15 second lead over Hurtado.
Hurtado's engineer tried a strategy move by just fuel only, but lack of grip ultimately cost him 2nd place and he would return to the pits for tires. White and Senchak would continue to battle as they overtook Hurtado's fuel only advantage. Watts, still enjoying a 14 second lead started to conserve fuel allowing White and Senchak to close in the final laps of the race. Seeing the delta growing smaller, hungry for his first win in the series, White dropped the hammer and closed the gap of nearly 10 seconds. White's pursuit of the leader was anything but epic.On the final lap White made it to Watts' rear bumper. Trying to dive inside at turn 7, White locked up his brakes and gave the leader a shunt putting the two cars wheel to wheel. White yielded into the next corner after the inadvertent contact but continued to search for a way around. Watts was able to maintain his position to the line and hold on for the win, his third in a row. If there had been a few more laps White would have probably been celebrating his first victory of the series.
Senchak's brake issues would relegate him to third, while Ben Wells made a great first impression finishing 4th. Hurtado rallied back to finish 5th after pitting twice in the race, while Cantrell managed a 6th place finish after spinning twice and starting shotgun on the field. Batiato managed a competitive 9th place with a broken wrist from an earlier testing accident, and solidified his GT-AM championship points lead over Lucas Gortman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 199 88.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 37 16.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 30 13.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 32 14.2%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 62 27.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 77 34.2%