Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

@Andrew Holmes here you go

FNGTCSPA.png

Race #2 Silverstone GP October 7th 9pm EST
Lobby starts at 8:45pm EST
Comms: Party Chat
Practice: 15 mins
Qualifying: 15 mins
Warmup: 10 mins
Laps: 45 laps
Start: Rolling
Weather: Hazy-Clear-light Clouds
Assists: Forced Real
View: Any
Damage: Full
Mechanical Breakdowns: On
Tire wear: Real
Fuel usage: Real
Penalties & Flags: On
Race Time will be set for October 4th at 1000 Local time with x5 Time Progression. Weather will be corresponding to location and time.
Drivers Entry List

1. Michael Watts
/ MichaeI Watts / BMW Z4 #82
2. Lucas Gortman / x Taco Lover XX / BMW Z4 #84
3. Joe White / bigdaddvx2005 / Aston Martin GTE #??
4. Mike Daro / mDaro / RUF Porsche Project Cars #48
I'm in for Wednesday. Brian Batiato / SpiffPF2 / Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3

I will send in number tomorrow afternoon.

Hey man, do you like the look of the #36 Aston? I'm running the #37 livery and it would be cool to have a teammate with a similar one. Nova is running the #22, so if you find one similar to that if you'd prefer, you can go for that. GTE's FTW!
What is the difference between the GTE and the Vantage V12. I know the GTE is an V8 and a couple of pounds lighter, don't see much of an difference after that.

I don't really know other than yellow lights. I would say test both with your setup and see which one you like best. I thought you were in the GTE last time, but you could change up to an hour before the race. I just like to have the Livery and Numbers down as I don't run the Driver Tags while racing as it takes away from the experience. If everyone runs the same car week in and week out you get used to the other drivers just like in Real Life.

I will try the GTE then to see how it feels. I will have a number for you tomorrow evening when I get to work. I have been working since Thursday and only had the time to practice Thursday night and Friday day (Wife worked Friday day). I will be able to jump on for an hr when I wake up tomorrow.

My next question. Are we locked into cockpit cam or can we run the hood cam. I know you don't want chase cam (which I find distracting any), but I am not used to running cockpit cam. I always miss my marks when entering corners. Whatever your answer is, is what view I will run.

What is the difference between the GTE and the Vantage V12. I know the GTE is an V8 and a couple of pounds lighter, don't see much of an difference after that.

The GTE aston has a much more advanced aero package, giving it better downforce and greater turning ability compared to GT3's. However, this increases drag and impairs the straight line speed quite a bit. it actually makes for interesting battles on most tracks, but any track with big straights might see a drop in performance. I am willing to take on the speed drop because I just love how the GTE aston handles, but it really is quite even with the GT3's at the end of the day and I look forward to see how it copes with the full season.
In reality, the GTE class cars have more HP + the extra aero, giving them a slight advantage over slower GT3's. SMS decided to lower the HP of the aston when they added it so it would be on par with the GT3 class. I never got into the v12 GT3 for some reason so I don't know much on it's characteristics, which is pretty odd because I'm a huge Aston Martin fan. I definitely prefer the v12 engine though. What a sound!

Thanks I will start practicing more with the cockpit to see if I can get used to it and then go from there.

In cockpit view what do you run for your FOV setting?
Running cockpit or helmet view really is the most immersive experience and once you get used to it there's no going back. Just take to a track you now well and run some steady laps to get comfortable and you'll soon be ready to get off the hood and stay inside the car :thumbsup:

And you got a soft tire instead of a medium tire....

So that single compound issue has been resolved now?
Confirmed, still a known issue. McNasty and I tested yesterday and you still get softs or wets when you pit. Even if you start on Mediums. My experiment of 1 harder compound tire on the asymetrical didn't work as I was also on all softs. LF still wears heavy but not as bad with the FFB wheel. Don't know if that is a bug, or just the lack of feel causes the force of the tires to wear more quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 29 8.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 18 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 27 7.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 8 2.3%