Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Damn. Where do you find the buttons? I have look right and left, look back, change view, lights, wipers, telemetry, motec, and pause and start (which does something in car but I forget). Don't think I have any more left....

I gave up on the pit changes long ago. Too much about the pits are broken, and they have enough problems simply getting the cars stopped and started. This is why endurance racing is doable but not ideal. Hopefully, for this series and F1, pits will not ruin a race. Besides, it's only an endurance race for the cars, as the drivers are time limited per shift.
You can do away with the change camera Robert as we are always in cockpit. I also don't have lights or wipers mapped when I know what weather we are set to as it just wastes them.

I'm due to be racing the Ginetta purely because I love watching those cars on TV, had no idea about any advantage. I'll swap to something else if you prefer. Mind you I've not even tried it yet so doubt I'll be much threat.

Some leagues don't run the Bentley in GT3 for the same reason. But I figure, if it's faster, people will find it. In fact, I'm not wedded to it either, but it's one of a handful that suit my driving style (other than "slow" it's generally any GT car that is closer to an open wheeler). lol.

You can do away with the change camera Robert as we are always in cockpit. I also don't have lights or wipers mapped when I know what weather we are set to as it just wastes them.

Problem is, I'm so absent minded that I'd forget to switch over since, including Michael's series, that's four total, and two need wipers and lights sometimes and two don't. But even the LMP2 cars have lights. It's just too confusing. :O_o:. The solution, Peter, as you have always pointed out, is letting us change settings like F1 does. Also, I need the change camera a lot in practice. Amazing what you can see by doing a 360 around your car while driving.

Hey...what's your vote for an F1 race on Sunday? Any interest? I'd go for probably Singapore (since we missed it) or some 2014 car anywhere.

Wow, wow, what a race, what a race! Firstly great performances from @Adam Morris and my team-mate in Qualifyng, unbeatable! Got third in Qualifying on a 2:16.5 (I think).

Got a good start, @Adam Morris jumped the start but nevertheless me and Gazza went in hot pursuit. I had a look at Gazza on the straight but thought better of it in the braking zone for Les Combes. Aimed for the corner and saw @Adam marks fly into Morris. So, that me and Gazza to lead the field. After two laps of attempting to manage tyres, fuel and brakes behind him, I look in the mirror and see a green Aston. Could it be????????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: Yes @Ben Milden. Damn.

So, I try and pick up the pace but to no avail; Ben caught me and we had a good battle for a couple of laps! Was a good battle, tiny little knock on my part, sorry dude! I managed to repass my rival and keep him back until the stop. Pitted behind Gazza and managed to capitalise on his mistake on the out-lap; had to push and just managed to keep Ben behind, who slotted between myself and Gazza. Realised at this point I desperately needed to save fuel. Tried to in the middle sector by slowing Ben down at corner apexs, but maybe 6 laps of battling left Ben in front and me and Gazza trading paint. Ben was out in front, me and @Gareth Williams were left to have a last lap battle; he made a mistake at Les Combes, I had to fuel save for S2 and made at across the line ahead with 0.2L remaining. Phew.

Great race Ben, will cherish that forever. Also a great race with Gareth, sorry about the contact in Pouhon mate. Thought that was ours to win for GWAH, but I enjoyed this way too!;)

Some leagues don't run the Bentley in GT3 for the same reason. But I figure, if it's faster, people will find it. In fact, I'm not wedded to it either, but it's one of a handful that suit my driving style (other than "slow" it's generally any GT car that is closer to an open wheeler). lol.
Just had my first run out in it and have to say it's a beautiful car to drive. I tried all 4 of the available cars for this series and its the only one I could really drive 'through' the corners, so much grip and so stable. That fast right hander in the final sector is much easier in this car and it's the only one that I could pull back from the edge if running wide through there.... the others just get sucked off into the gravel. Loved it :inlove:.

Managed to get quickly into the 1:00's with default setup and tbh I'm not sure what I would tune to improve it.

Sorry guys for leaving the race after the frist corner.
I had a very busy Day and for that concentration problems.
I made for myself also the conclusies that this league is to high for me.
I will Watch the forum What will happens the second season and maybe i step in for season two.
Sorry for this but when different is to big the fun is going to fast away.
So i will give my place to a beter one
Thanks for the short time i May race with you guys.

Sorry to hear that jos I actually think you are getting faster so it's a shame you can't keep fighting.

Thanks guys! It was a lot of fun while it lasted! Unfortunately it ended when I accidentally hit the PS button and went out to the PSmenu while my car went full speed into a wall :) Looking forward to more close racing in the future! Quick question: are we racing with "force realistic driving aids" in upcoming races as well? I dont mind, it helps stabilize my badly tuned 12c. Would really appreciate if someone would like to push me in the right direction tuning wise..!
Will unfortunately be missing out on Imola next week due to tickets to a show purchased long ago, but I will be back for Monza..

Thanks guys! It was a lot of fun while it lasted! Unfortunately it ended when I accidentally hit the PS button and went out to the PSmenu while my car went full speed into a wall :) Looking forward to more close racing in the future! Quick question: are we racing with "force realistic driving aids" in upcoming races as well? I dont mind, it helps stabilize my badly tuned 12c. Would really appreciate if someone would like to push me in the right direction tuning wise..!
Will unfortunately be missing out on Imola next week due to tickets to a show purchased long ago, but I will be back for Monza..

Yes the settings will stay the same for the rest of the season

Next week is Zolder

Wow, wow, what a race, what a race! Firstly great performances from @Adam Morris and my team-mate in Qualifyng, unbeatable! Got third in Qualifying on a 2:16.5 (I think).

Got a good start, @Adam Morris jumped the start but nevertheless me and Gazza went in hot pursuit. I had a look at Gazza on the straight but thought better of it in the braking zone for Les Combes. Aimed for the corner and saw @Adam marks fly into Morris. So, that me and Gazza to lead the field. After two laps of attempting to manage tyres, fuel and brakes behind him, I look in the mirror and see a green Aston. Could it be????????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: Yes @Ben Milden. Damn.

So, I try and pick up the pace but to no avail; Ben caught me and we had a good battle for a couple of laps! Was a good battle, tiny little knock on my part, sorry dude! I managed to repass my rival and keep him back until the stop. Pitted behind Gazza and managed to capitalise on his mistake on the out-lap; had to push and just managed to keep Ben behind, who slotted between myself and Gazza. Realised at this point I desperately needed to save fuel. Tried to in the middle sector by slowing Ben down at corner apexs, but maybe 6 laps of battling left Ben in front and me and Gazza trading paint. Ben was out in front, me and @Gareth Williams were left to have a last lap battle; he made a mistake at Les Combes, I had to fuel save for S2 and made at across the line ahead with 0.2L remaining. Phew.

Great race Ben, will cherish that forever. Also a great race with Gareth, sorry about the contact in Pouhon mate. Thought that was ours to win for GWAH, but I enjoyed this way too!;)

strange thing is once you got passed on that last lap, I suddenly had loads of turn in again lol, those two little errors definitely cost me 2nd I reckon, can't believe how big gap was in quali from p3 onwards, and in the race, field got quite spread out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes