Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

First, thanks Peter and Michael. You know we do this out of love, and that we finally had a proper SIM to race. If you would have told me that I can have jaw dropping weather transition, pits (finally), the most intricate of tuning options available (by far, although I saw confirmed on the forums yesterday that camber is broken and always has been, and that the only "reaction" the game has to camber is rolling resistance, which means all vehicles should be very low or none, since that resistance goes down with less camber :O_o:), cars and tracks that finally look "real," no leveling up, no parts to buy (we all know real drivers don't speak techie, lol), and physics that only PC guys could access, but...you can only play online in a very limited way and bugs everywhere, I'd have said "yes, absolutely" because simply somebody needs to try. And that's what we did, when others folded.

Lots of people gave up. I was lucky enough to have great gamers who have all been at this longer than I have, and are as stubborn. lol. We have the best group of drivers. You all and others who ventured outside their comfort zone, like the Indy drivers I respect so much, or the F1 talent, or the superspeedway racers, and tried other games and types of cars and racing, like F1 to GT, and vice versa, with the occasional oval thrown in, the more my respect grown.

As for most improved, I'll take it. lol. But I'd have to turn it over to Eric, as he really just shot to the top after one season. Something I could never do. But it's interesting what you said Michael. I do think as we get closer to what PC guys have, the more this stuff gets closer to a real pro SIM. And that means we have to get closer to those brave guys we love so much, even if it's just virtual.

Thanks again guys. You all make this stuff worth doing.

I'll be using the Project Cars RUF.....can't remember the number right now. I'll check. Also since I'll be off the pace and at the back I've changed my avatar to Patrick Dempsey's Proton car!

Just call me McSlowly.

Great race guys..sorry peter I tried to save replay to post on twich but it loaded next screen before I could..really sucks cause I won! And on my bday it just must have been meant to be.lol but had great battle with micheal for the first 23 laps only getting by in the pit exchange.after thst I somehow avoided any big mistakes and fended off toast in the closing laps..glad it wasnt 47 or hed got me..hope to see all u again next week at Silverstone.

Great race guys..sorry peter I tried to save replay to post on twich but it loaded next screen before I could..really sucks cause I won! And on my bday it just must have been meant to be.lol but had great battle with micheal for the first 23 laps only getting by in the pit exchange.after thst I somehow avoided any big mistakes and fended off toast in the closing laps..glad it wasnt 47 or hed got me..hope to see all u again next week at Silverstone.

Great race for a birthday present! Happy birthday man, nicely done to hold on for the W

Crap...I read the time wrong. Well, I'll be there for the next race!

And I have a Thrustmaster, although I can't remember the model. It's not the TX, but the Ferrari edition. I'll try the controller thing.
No worries man, you missed a great race. I use a TM Spider right now. I'm waiting for my replacement from TM as I've gone through 3 TX bases. You can plug your headset right up to your controller, but plug your controller into the usb port so it doesn't fall asleep on you.

Crap...I read the time wrong. Well, I'll be there for the next race!

And I have a Thrustmaster, although I can't remember the model. It's not the TX, but the Ferrari edition. I'll try the controller thing.
Oh that sucks! See you next time!
Oh so the spider wheel, yeah using the controller will work providing you have a headset and a controller as well. I recommend finding a USB to micro USB cable so you can plug in your controller without it turning off or draining the battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes