Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

@Peter Hooper - I think you might be on to something there. But there are two concerns. One is weather. All the info I have read about frame rate says it takes the worst hit with two specific factors - rain and more cars. Also, that section you have trouble with is extremely bumpy, as you know. If there was a frame rate drop, I could not distinguish it from the bumps.

As to you question, I think the default is 80, which still is a compromise and unrealistic, but satisfies those used to prior racing games that distort the cockpit so you can see more...specifically the mirrors. Although, 80 is a definite improvement over F1. I have tinkered with this recently matter of fact and now I run 75, which, strangely, puts you higher in the seat, which is not good, but if you get closer, you compromise your view of the Motec in some cars. If you get further away, it looks unrealistic to me.

Another critical element of your interesting theory is how you run it. I run helmet cam. It's the same as cockpit, but you get more violence, more look to apex and a much more dynamic perspective. That's one of the main reasons I love the game. I simply turn off a.) the helmet visual and; b.) the motion blur of the dash.

Here is a video of what I see with 15 other cars on the track:

Robert.. I think you have a 53 in there if you pushed the car! :thumbsup:

...I think I'm going to run a Helmet view and the Helmet when we do the open cockpit cars just for realism. :cool:
Woah there. 53. :confused:. Maybe with another 1000 laps, but the car does feel good, even if a bit springy. I have hit 54.5 one time. That last lap was probably a 54 but for the crappy run up. Unfortunately, it's probably going to come down to offs...and...well...where's the caffeine? :coffee:

I thought about the helmet until I remembered that when you are actually wearing one, you don't see what they sketch in. :laugh:

@Peter Hooper - I think you might be on to something there. But there are two concerns. One is weather. All the info I have read about frame rate says it takes the worst hit with two specific factors - rain and more cars. Also, that section you have trouble with is extremely bumpy, as you know. If there was a frame rate drop, I could not distinguish it from the bumps.

As to you question, I think the default is 80, which still is a compromise and unrealistic, but satisfies those used to prior racing games that distort the cockpit so you can see more...specifically the mirrors. Although, 80 is a definite improvement over F1. I have tinkered with this recently matter of fact and now I run 75, which, strangely, puts you higher in the seat, which is not good, but if you get closer, you compromise your view of the Motec in some cars. If you get further away, it looks unrealistic to me.

Another critical element of your interesting theory is how you run it. I run helmet cam. It's the same as cockpit, but you get more violence, more look to apex and a much more dynamic perspective. That's one of the main reasons I love the game. I simply turn off a.) the helmet visual and; b.) the motion blur of the dash.

Here is a video of what I see with 15 other cars on the track:
That video is much smoother than the one I watched this morning on Twitch but I also think the sky is lighter which may be another thing that effects the framerate. The Twitch feeds tend to look a lot more pixelly as well which may have added to the effect this morning so I'm guessing YouTube must do something to smooth it out unless you changed your settings. Tried to look back but it seems your past broadcasts are no longer available. I'll try playing around with the camera settings and see what (if any) difference it makes.

I did also wonder whether the different cars also make a difference, maybe the Aston has something that requires some extra processing. Just guessing really :cautious:

Peter, are you sure what you're not experiencing is the Helmet view moving around? The only frame rate drop experience I've had is when I was using a public lobby and dorks were going in and out of the room. It is quite distracting when that happens.
I did notice that your video showed a smoother experience than I get and in comparison to Roberts that I watched this morning. Car maybe?

Given the past few weeks, 2 disconnects and invisible ramps, I'm sure the Game will be hard enough on me. I'll be lucky to finish with a podium.
I sent Peter a clip of a perfect lap on Xbox, but if you catch any traffic that is out the question, and with only 10 mins for qualifying you have to make every lap count. This track is a bear in the Dry to pass on, even worse in the wet, unless the guy in front makes a mistake.

That video is much smoother than the one I watched this morning on Twitch but I also think the sky is lighter which may be another thing that effects the framerate. The Twitch feeds tend to look a lot more pixelly as well which may have added to the effect this morning so I'm guessing YouTube must do something to smooth it out unless you changed your settings. Tried to look back but it seems your past broadcasts are no longer available. I'll try playing around with the camera settings and see what (if any) difference it makes.

I did also wonder whether the different cars also make a difference, maybe the Aston has something that requires some extra processing. Just guessing really :cautious:

Very strange indeed. I'll make a video of my wheel settings later, but I can't do it now. I'm not sure they would translate into visuals but you never know.

I'm not sure what you mean by Twitch vs. YouTube, but I think you mean twitch direct vs. YouTube recordings of twitch. YouTube does offer me the option to "smooth it out" but I always refuse. Unless they have done something automatically, it's direct from the twitch feed. But you never know.

By the way, Jack Spade has updated his files to include DLC and two or three new "feels" here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

Also, in his posts, Spade refers TX users to this page, which I used to change some settings. I still have FFB at 100 and Tire Force at 60. I use the classic settings. Even that needs to be ramped down with the strength of the TX. Anything more, and, as the forum says, you risk burning up your motor. The TX guy even turned down his FFB to 75 and TF at 100. I tried that, but it felt better the old way. Either way I now have more road feel and less hard lock when at full turn.

Thanks Robert, I'll have to check that out when I get a working wheel base.. :thumbsup:
I have been using the Bumps Plus, but now Jack has a setting for Bumps Plus Classic, which has a classic baseline. I started out using the classic and I liked it.. But none of that will help Peter since he has no FFB.

Very strange indeed. I'll make a video of my wheel settings later, but I can't do it now. I'm not sure they would translate into visuals but you never know.

I'm not sure what you mean by Twitch vs. YouTube, but I think you mean twitch direct vs. YouTube recordings of twitch. YouTube does offer me the option to "smooth it out" but I always refuse. Unless they have done something automatically, it's direct from the twitch feed. But you never know.

By the way, Jack Spade has updated his files to include DLC and two or three new "feels" here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

Also, in his posts, Spade refers TX users to this page, which I used to change some settings. I still have FFB at 100 and Tire Force at 60. I use the classic settings. Even that needs to be ramped down with the strength of the TX. Anything more, and, as the forum says, you risk burning up your motor. The TX guy even turned down his FFB to 75 and TF at 100. I tried that, but it felt better the old way. Either way I now have more road feel and less hard lock when at full turn.
I didn't watch your video live on Twitch but the one I watched this morning on your past broadcasts was definitely a different quality to the one I watched on YouTube. One looked almost HD quality and the other quite pixelated.

you ran a hell of a race yourself Eric. Congrats to Matthew Spurrell on the win at his home track.
Dyno-Might Motorsports finishes 1-2 in the Championship! Good run by Robert too. That was a challenge to go the distance today in the rain. The car was all used up by the end, but on a good note no bugs reared their ugly head today.

Reactions: Rob
It looked like your car just went from the bottom to the top of the track I was in the higher groove and we may have scraped bumpers but your car was already headed off at that point. I've over driven that corner on my outlap countless times with cold brakes. I made sure to heat them up on the parade lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes