Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Q: Is this track tricky for car set-up due to the contrasting sections?
To start with yes and just driving the track can open up time by braking later etc.

Q: Who do you think will be leading the championship after this event?
Tied :roflmao::roflmao::unsure::unsure:
Q: Do you prefer Hockenheim or the Nürbürgring?
I've always gone well here seems to suit me somehow but this is gt cars so hope my luck holds. Nurburgring is a nice track to but prefer the flow of this track

Q: Where do you aim to finish this week?
Only thing I'm missing is a win so I need to score one at some point I'm not the fastest but I've been consistent all season and in practice so p1 is the aim :sneaky:

PRESS CONFERENCE
Q:
Is this track tricky for car set-up due to the contrasting sections?
Not particularly, depends holistically on the car, each its own. Mechanical grip wins the pace.
Q:
Who do you think will be leading the championship after this event?
Unpredictable here but really doesn't matter, everyone is just about getting warmed up.
Q:
Do you prefer Hockenheim or the Nürbürgring?
Both great tracks, Germans don't make anything bad lol. I know this one better.
Q:
Where do you aim to finish this week?
Newly formed Team "Rum Please Motorsport" aims for P1,P2. @Thomas While and myself However will be content with topping our scuderia branded senior team, kanata racing @Jelani Patterson & @Adel Elsayed lolol. Something has to be done about those M&M / Gwah boys. It starts here! Lol

Last edited:
I changed my vote to the lmp2 or 900 .I have driven these and they are more fun imo than the lmp1 s esp without assist.are we going to be running the 80s bmw and the ford marek ina series Robert?

Q: Is this track tricky for car set-up due to the contrasting sections?
To be fair all tracks have straight bits and twisty bits so its just something you have to deal with :thumbsup:
Q: Who do you think will be leading the championship after this event?
@Ben Milden
Q: Do you prefer Hockenheim or the Nürbürgring?
Hockenhiem is more exiting but also can cause severe case of wheel loss ;)
Q: Where do you aim to finish this week?
Top 10 as always :)

Maybe just leave it where it is and finish at Cadwell as that is a fantastic little track to close on. There are two GT3 races on the trot now anyway.

I think this is the best advice yet. The next open wheel season will start with either these cars, or the F1 Historics, so plenty of time to enjoy the open wheelers on different tracks, including the U.S. Besides, we're going to need some Euro Tracks to spare if the GP3 Series gets chosen as the main event next round. :thumbsup:.

Last edited:
I can't see myself getting down to that sort of time based on my only run out there so far. But you know what these tracks are like, there is so much time hidden away that you just can't see at the first attempt. I love that little section towards the end with the fast lefts followed by the uphill right and the mini S's before the final two corners. So much fun :)

Tough place to pass I would think if you don't manage it in the first sector.

I am with you Peter, I think it will be another war of attrition. While there are not as many potential danger zones with close barriers, the dichotomy of speed vs. driveway-like cornering is massive. The section you mentioned is a good example, but another is the one coming around the right hand sweeper earlier, then semi-hard left downhill, back to fast again, until the "hairpin" left. It's blind too. That one gives me fits.

I am with you Peter, I think it will be another war of attrition. While there are not as many potential danger zones with close barriers, the dichotomy of speed vs. driveway-like cornering is massive. The section you mentioned is a good example, but another is the one coming around the right hand sweeper earlier, then semi-hard left downhill, back to fast again, until the "hairpin" left. It's blind too. That one gives me fits.
Yes, that one caught me out a few times until I learned the layout. It's another really fun, rollercoaster like section. You get pulled into the high speed sweeper but if you overdo it that left hander will have you :thumbsup:

Reactions: Rob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play