Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Hockenheim Image.png

Hockenheimring Track Map.png
The Hockenheimring circuit in South West Germany; the home of the fifth round of the Friday Night GT Championship. The current circuit is a shadow of its very long former self, but still a very challenging racing circuit. The first of two German events sees a mix in set-up properties; drivers will need straight line speed for the long run down to turn 6, but they will need good mechanical grip for the “Stadium” section. The circuit is home to the Formula One German Grand Prix and two rounds of the DTM Championship, and now the first of two German FNGTC races. So, can @Andrew Holmes close in on @Ben Milden in the championship chase? After @Adam Morris took his first FNGTC win back in the Czech Republic, can he show his hand in the championship fight? Will @Adam marks be competitive once again? And with @Lance Loomis becoming a full time driver from this race on, can he be competitive in the Ginetta? Let’s wait and see!

HOT LAP by JELANI PATTERSON

PRESS CONFERENCE
Q: Is this track tricky for car set-up due to the contrasting sections?
Q: Who do you think will be leading the championship after this event?
Q: Do you prefer Hockenheim or the Nürbürgring?
Q: Where do you aim to finish this week?

NOTICE
Just a reminder to all drivers that ALL driver aids will be banned from this race forward.

Last edited:
PRESS CONFERENCE
Not really, I like my top speed:D
I think either me or @Ben Milden, not sure who I prefer:whistling:;)
Hockenheim as it's not quite as tricky:ninja:
Hopefully first in a GWAH Racing 1-2:p:cool:

Montoya was a diva when he was in F1... not my favorite driver. He was the Lewis Hamilton of the early 2000. lol
Ok, back to the real stuff, Robert said that he wants to keep it in europe and its the last race of the season, let's go with a bang. Something that's legendary but also fun to drive. I nominate....
Donnington.
I would second that Gus but unfortunately Robert wants to avoid tracks that have been driven in the GT3 series and Donnington is due to be raced there on the 12th as a long race.

PRESS CONFERENCE
No.
Q:
Who do you think will be leading the championship after this event?
@Ben Milden
Nurburgring all the way.
Q:
Where do you aim to finish this week?
Somewhere in South-West Germany hopefully.

I was disappointed to see that the rain that they hyped about is oly going to be available on certain tracks in the new game and not across the board. Also, it's not dynamic..

Wow. I didn't know this. Figures though, eh? I agree...Forza will never turn into what us SIM racers want, I fear. It's nice, yes. It's pretty, yes. And occasionally, it can produce some great races (like those '45 Indy cars around the Brickyard), but it's heart and soul are that of a collector not of a racer. It has managed to convince many people, though, that it really is a true SIM. But I think you point about pCARS is a good one....unless the sheer console dollars going to the slick devs like Turn 10 don't spur on other people to get closer to pCARS, and try to make it better (God knows it can be) what SMS has done is very significant. They turned the needle (finally) on the console in the SIM direction...for real this time. It's getting close to being that revolution, the benchmark for many years, kind of like you talk about GPL.

but unfortunately Robert wants to avoid tracks
:whistling:

lol. This track debate is going nowhere. lol. This is what always happens. :laugh:. I should have picked one. :thumbsdown:
But anyway :(, there are many great tracks that fit the criteria. :geek:. The cars really went to Oschersleben at one point I think. That's a great little track (in Race Pro). And LeMans Bugatti too. Also Dubai is not bad, if you just admire the scenery! :D

Otherwise we go to Monza. lol. Hell, they go to Monza every year I think. (I'm no big fan either, but it is unique, at least).

Montoya was a diva when he was in F1... not my favorite driver. He was the Lewis Hamilton of the early 2000. lol
Ok, back to the real stuff, Robert said that he wants to keep it in europe and its the last race of the season, let's go with a bang. Something that's legendary but also fun to drive. I nominate....
Donnington.

Diva? You have been reading too much British press. lol. Hamilton can out diva Beyonce, fer chrissake. lol. Montoya had conquered the world of racing (well maybe excelled would be a better word than conquered; he was robbed this year but still won the 500). Hamilton I still wonder about. Of course, anyone who stays in F1 isn't a complete racer in my book, but that's another topic. I wish they would put Hamilton in a Tier Two car and then we could really find out what he's about.

A: Not really no, its a compromise between Top Speeds for Sector 1 Or a Setup that will aid cornering speeds for sector's 2 and 3.

Q:
Who do you think will be leading the championship after this event?
A: @Ben Milden i hope, But @Andrew Holmes is looking strong here as well as Gareth :)

Q:
Do you prefer Hockenheim or the Nürbürgring?
Nurburgring, Not sure why just prefer it to Hockenheim Car Feels Strong There so could be the reason. :whistling:

Q:
Where do you aim to finish this week?
A: My aim this Race will be Anywhere in the top 5 but always pushing for top 3 ;)

I wouldn't agree that the GT3's are easier to drive without assists.

I meant easier to drive as compared to the LMP1 cars w/o assists. I agree that pCARS got the assist thing right...cars are easier with them, but they don't cure everything and allow you to just point and shoot like console games before it. F1 is getting close though....

Peter, you and I are on the same page, essentially. We think the same way about assists, as do many here, I suspect. So maybe I can offer a sort of way out. What if we make the GT1 series the actual GT1 cars, which are really a hoot to drive and don't have assists naturally (I agree, the Ruf is kind of boring). And then make the LMP cars LMP2 class. The ones with no assists. They are still fast as hell and more open and more fun to drive...and they still are technically tin tops. And there may be some with closed cockpits like the LMP1 cars too, but I'll check. That way, we get real cars that were in real series' (and those classes can be said to have run in Europe and America, so we have that flexibility too) that have no assists naturally. Sound like a winner?

Diva? You have been reading too much British press. lol. Hamilton can out diva Beyonce, fer chrissake. lol. Montoya had conquered the world of racing (well maybe excelled would be a better word than conquered; he was robbed this year but still won the 500). Hamilton I still wonder about. Of course, anyone who stays in F1 isn't a complete racer in my book, but that's another topic. I wish they would put Hamilton in a Tier Two car and then we could really find out what he's about.
I think Hamilton has matured a fair bit this season tbf. Whatever car he was in he would drive the nuts off and be entertaining to watch thats for sure.

:whistling:

lol. This track debate is going nowhere. lol. This is what always happens. :laugh:. I should have picked one. :thumbsdown:
But anyway :(, there are many great tracks that fit the criteria. :geek:. The cars really went to Oschersleben at one point I think. That's a great little track (in Race Pro). And LeMans Bugatti too. Also Dubai is not bad, if you just admire the scenery! :D

Otherwise we go to Monza. lol. Hell, they go to Monza every year I think. (I'm no big fan either, but it is unique, at least).
Maybe just leave it where it is and finish at Cadwell as that is a fantastic little track to close on. There are two GT3 races on the trot now anyway.

I guess it depends on the other guys who voted for LMP1's. I haven't tried the LMP2's so no idea what they are like. I assume you mean GT4 rather than 1 or have I got that confused.. easily done at the minute lol.

I am not overly fussed to be honest. If guys want assists it's fine by me as I'll always stick to not running them regardless of the series. Providing what is done does not rule anyone out of racing thats all that matters as far as I am concerned. Numbers are still not enough yet to do anything that would prevent someone from taking part.

I guess it depends on the other guys who voted for LMP1's. I haven't tried the LMP2's so no idea what they are like. I assume you mean GT4 rather than 1 or have I got that confused.. easily done at the minute lol.

I am not overly fussed to be honest. If guys want assists it's fine by me as I'll always stick to not running them regardless of the series. Providing what is done does not rule anyone out of racing thats all that matters as far as I am concerned. Numbers are still not enough yet to do anything that would prevent someone from taking part.

The new categories are LMP900 instead of LMP1. The 900's don't have assists, but are fast as hell. They were the LMP1's of the early 2000s. Back before the FIA got all involved. Mostly a LeMans class car racing in America, but probably Europe too. Great fun to drive, and there is a closed cockpit one too. No assists. :thumbsup:

Also, not a big deal but GT1- X (which is fictional and has all assists on them) is replaced by late 2000s GT1 cars (which are real and have no assists naturally). Both classes have two cars in them, but the GT1 cars raced everywhere. That solves the assists issue and allows us to race anywhere.

Depends who you ask, If me then yes if I wasn't sunbathing on MW3 all the time and actually working on a setup

Secret

Which ever one I don't spin out of more than 50 times

Hopefully not in a hedge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play