Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Hiya mate, I'll put you down as a reserve driver for now as if someone doesn't turn up you can race. If any permanent seat becomes available I'll notify you. As of the start of season two there will be a second league so that will guarantee you a permanent spot if you're still interwsted come February / March 2016:D
Top, Thanks for that.
Wich car can i take in case i May drive sometime.
So that i can practise with a specific car.

I'm with Michael in that I the fuel indicators in the pits are off, at least in these cars. They are probably just being over cautious with them. I just ran my first practice race and set it for 19 laps and ended up with almost 9 litres left despite really pushing it and without any attempts to save fuel, that's enough for another 5-6 laps. Just short shifting can get the fuel rate down to 1.5 litres per lap.

I think going with 19 laps makes it way too easy, we should be pushing the limits and if fuel becomes an issue it will be a good test of the pit stops post patch 3.0.

In all honesty the tyres are more of an issue than fuel. You can feel them start to lose grip a couple of laps or so from the end of a 19 lapper but in a 21 lapper (or more) the challenge will be all the more fun :thumbsup: And who knows if online will be the same... something else to add to the excitement :)

But your post is in conflict with Eric's. I've got to take the more conservative route, althugh I'm sure you are both are very accurte in what you say. I think it may come down to drivng style. With Eric's results, we limp over the start-finish on fumes. I hate to tempt fate a day or two after a major patch.

Maybe a 20 lap compromise?

We can tweak other races or another series no problem. I'd hate to leave someone stranded, especially when this is a series that is not meant to pit unless it rains. I'd love to run an expanded series and base it off of the actual race weekend, weather, and track. :thumbsup:

Weekend Format
A race weekend features one forty-five minute practice session and one thirty minute qualifying session, followed by two races.
The qualifying session is a straight fight for fastest laptime, and determines the order of the grid for Race 1. Four points are awarded for pole position.
*New for 2015* - Race one has been extended by ten minutes (40 minutes in total).
The distance of both races is established prior to each event. However, should 40 minutes elapse in race one before the designated number of laps the lead driver will be shown the chequered flag. Race two features a reverse grid (30 minutes in total).
There are no mandatory pitstops and refueling is not permitted at any time in the pit lane or on the grid.
http://www.gp3series.com/Guide-to/The-Series2/

Last edited:
re installed the game but its still not working, ****ing fuming aint got time to be dealing with more crap from this game

This really sucks. I hope you make some progress. I did read that others had the same issue, but most if not all have worked it out. Some had an issue I ran into...the game crashing when you hit a barrier. What I did was hard reset (hold "off" button for 10 seconds or so) and then back on, and after that no problems. Apparently, there may be a problems with the cache left over from a previous patch. Not sure this would help in your situation, and you probably have done it anyway.

But your post is in conflict with Eric's. I've got to take the more conservative route, althugh I'm sure you are both are very accurte in what you say. I think it may come down to drivng style. With Eric's results, we limp over the start-finish on fumes. I hate to tempt fate a day or two after a major patch.

Maybe a 20 lap compromise?

We can tweak other races or another series no problem. I'd hate to leave someone stranded, especially when this is a series that is not meant to pit unless it rains. I'd love to run an expanded series and base it off of the actual race weekend, weather, and track. :thumbsup:

Weekend Format
A race weekend features one forty-five minute practice session and one thirty minute qualifying session, followed by two races.
The qualifying session is a straight fight for fastest laptime, and determines the order of the grid for Race 1. Four points are awarded for pole position.
*New for 2015* - Race one has been extended by ten minutes (40 minutes in total).
The distance of both races is established prior to each event. However, should 40 minutes elapse in race one before the designated number of laps the lead driver will be shown the chequered flag. Race two features a reverse grid (30 minutes in total).
There are no mandatory pitstops and refueling is not permitted at any time in the pit lane or on the grid.
http://www.gp3series.com/Guide-to/The-Series2/
Fair enough, don't want to push anyone past what they are comfortable with so I'll go with whatever. Very strange the discrepancy in our findings though as I could have made 25 laps although the tyres would have been struggling by that time I think. Certainly would be fun to try though :).

Can we set a speed for the formation lap to try to ensure none of the problems we've seen at recent races. If everyone sticks to that it should prevent a mad dash for those to catch up that need to reset their wheels, etc.

On that note am I right in thinking this latest patch should prevent the need for resetting the wheels? Hopefully you guys can test that out.

Fair enough, don't want to push anyone past what they are comfortable with so I'll go with whatever. Very strange the discrepancy in our findings though as I could have made 25 laps although the tyres would have been struggling by that time I think. Certainly would be fun to try though :).

Hey, I got similar results to yours. And the tires were are *very* close call. If we expanded and made the inverted 40 min race (which I don't think these cars are set up for, but it would be great to push or pit anyway, I agree), we could basically follow the weekend format with the second race set to dynamic, as long as everyone didn't mind the lack of tire options when you pit.

I'll be on 30 mins early to open up an informal practice lobby and then straight into the race at 6pm sharp.

Got my GTE decals They look pretty cool on the wheel. I went with the Punisher decal for the center cap. This guy is on ISRTV.com and he can do custom decals for $7.00
IMG_20150829_172748_zpsv3pmw8ln.jpg

What a watse..practiced for tbis but it all went to crap...not one clean lap in quaily then repeated track cut penaltys id only got once in a week now three times in three laps..spun once trying to catch up and then car was unpredictable two pit stops later I retired..good race to everyone else .hate I had the worst day of driving on race day..

Good race guy, at the end my nephew disconnected me from his xbox, so that's what happend.
I don't know how could you guys wear out the tires. In my case, front tires were at a little more than 50% and the rears were like 70%.
Great battle with October, couldn't find the right spot to pass him until, I think, he missed a gear. Peter was doing ok but I think he overshot aquamineralli.
And to finish my post, we really need t talk about the last race.

Good race guy, at the end my nephew disconnected me from his xbox, so that's what happend.
I don't know how could you guys wear out the tires. In my case, front tires were at a little more than 50% and the rears were like 70%.
Great battle with October, couldn't find the right spot to pass him until, I think, he missed a gear. Peter was doing ok but I think he overshot aquamineralli.
And to finish my post, we really need t talk about the last race.

You had a great race and were ultra consistent. I'll try to put the T.V. cam view up if it recorded correctly. That was a great battle holding you off for a while. I basically had some massive oversteer coming up the hill to from the front sections. My fault completely, but WOW the cars handle even better! Eric, not sure what happened but it sounds like those increased tolerances got you. They got me a couple of times too. Basically cost me a spot, I think. Overall, it's a good thing, I think, even though that's not what happens in real life, I think the tolerances they give are pretty liberal. The green stuff seemed ok when I went over it, even with four wheels.

Gus, what do you propose the final race be? We can always tack it on. Cadwell is next, but we have another slot until we change the Series'.

Really enjoyed tonight and was delighted to pick up third in quali and to have such a strong race despite the limited practice. Great also to see no problems in terms of disconnects, pit stops or forced bumper cams :thumbsup:

Got off to an ok start and held my place into the first chicane and then as Robert struggled on the cold tyres to negotiate the left-hander at the top of the hill after the second chicane I snuck underneath him and chased after Gus up ahead. When his car slowed out of Acqu Minerale (cornber cut penalty I assume) I had an easy pass and then clear road ahead :) Robert was going well and stayed around a second or so adrift for a couple of laps but then I am guessing he too picked up a penalty as the gap suddenly opened up to around 5 seconds. I was feeling good and confident but also making sure I took it carefully around Acque Minerale and the chicane to avoid any penalty myself and managed to open the gap up to between 7 and 8 seconds which is where it stayed for much of the next 8 or so laps.

Fuel I knew was never going to be a problem but tyres would start to degrade around the 14 lap mark but not enough to warrant any stop for fresh rubber in such a short race. I had a couple of scrappy laps which enabled Gus to close the gap down to under 4 seconds but also dirtied the tyres and had me struggling for grip for a while during which I made a mistake on the gears at Acque Minerale on lap 15 and went wide allowing Gus through. Having got myself focused again I closed on the leader and felt I had a good chance to give him a good run to the flag but then picked up a penalty of my own which allowed the gap to open up to 6/7 seconds and from that point on I was not able to put any pressure on.

More than happy to pick up the second spot though and looking forward to the next race already where I should hopefully get in much more practice as the F1 2014 season closes tomorrow leaving me to concentrate on the XBO series of races. I would definitely like to see this series extended or maybe given a fresh start. It would be good to get a few more to the grid though.

I agree with Gus in that the tyres although degrading were nowhere near ready for pitting. My fronts (right more so than the left which I would have been able to correct in the setup with more practice) were where my wear was the worst, while the rears were in perfect order. Fuel was easily able to do the distance as I thought and in fact with 8.4 litres left could have gone on for another 5 laps.

Cheers guys :thumbsup:

My race direct from the cockpit. I didn't save the replay to get any other views as this save game bug has caused me enough issues this week so I was not taking any chances. It's a shame especially with the improved replay facility but while that problems exists it's not worth the risk.

I do still really find the blurb at the bottom distracting, wish we could remove it. The constant updates of viewers pulls my eye to it and had me missing my braking point for corners several times, including the first mess up at Acque Minerale. With it is directly under the steering wheel its very difficult to avoid it unfortunately. Also, that annoying thing where the on screen left hand comes off the wheel for tighter turns is annoying What is that all about!! One of the reasons I removed the wheel and arms from my view but with having to set everything up from scratch twice this week I forgot to do it this time :rolleyes:

You had a great race and were ultra consistent. I'll try to put the T.V. cam view up if it recorded correctly. That was a great battle holding you off for a while. I basically had some massive oversteer coming up the hill to from the front sections. My fault completely, but WOW the cars handle even better! Eric, not sure what happened but it sounds like those increased tolerances got you. They got me a couple of times too. Basically cost me a spot, I think. Overall, it's a good thing, I think, even though that's not what happens in real life, I think the tolerances they give are pretty liberal. The green stuff seemed ok when I went over it, even with four wheels.

Gus, what do you propose the final race be? We can always tack it on. Cadwell is next, but we have another slot until we change the Series'.
I agree that I think the more stringent monitoring of the lines is a good thing although at Acque Minerale you do lose time by going wide anyway so maybe it's a bit too tough there. If they had the gravel back like we had in the classics it would be much better.

Im good with the lines just never had it get me lin e that one I knew I had gone wide but thr other two were questionable at best.but no excuses just all around bad driving on my
part..hope we can extend this series or start anew with longer races or increased wear and fuel to bring back the pit strategy to the mix.

Is Willow Springs in the game? If so it's a no brainer for me we should visit there in these cars :inlove: If not then how about Watkins Glenn? Haven't driven that since my GPL days so would love to revisit it in these cars :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes