Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

I'm a bit concerned with the automatic by weather setting. If you pit too early when the rain drops falls or too early when the rain goes away you will end up with the wrong compound on in either situation. I was hoping to test some stops and stuff, but I guess that won't be happening. I do like the the new information they included. You can never have enough info.

I think this is a good read if you have not already. They did a lot of work (with two or three at least) on what happens when you pit post 3.0.

You can pit anytime, and it will be fine, but you *will* be given full wets and not intermediates. Or if dry, soft slicks. Not a big deal in a series like GP3 because those are the only options, but more of a buzz kill for cars with various compounds. Still, at least you get the right pressure and a tire. I always keep mine on "off" for tires, but automatic otherwise will do now if we were to make pit stops in GP3 or GT3. Even then, it was interesting to see the wear. In my test, in full rain, the wets wore down pretty quickly unless you setup was different than the dry setup. And...not sure how you would do that. But in any case, much better than before. Now we can have some varying weather and longer races. The tires wear more realistically too.

I changed the GP3 race to "Real" from 2x and even that's pretty dramatic. You will really have a decision to make about timing and pressure and even compound to start with (if you dare veer from automatic) during the more interesting races we can have now.

I had a pit strategy ready for this race if needed..was thinking of running half fuel and stopping around half way due to tire wear and cutting close with fuel.so changing it to real and 19 laps def changes things.ive pit a few times since patch and have had no iasues......yet...lol

Yeah, don't know how I feel about the wear indicator. I could tell before when my tires were going down, Now that I can see them it may be more of a mental thing and by that I mean more of a distraction while racing. I may have to turn off the indicator, LOL and just go blind during the race.

I'll have to disagree. I'd get a Ferrari over a Toyota anyday. My insurance will be high but I'm rich because I bought the car. Insuring my wheel was like 2.5% of the wheels cost, or about $20. Not a steep price. Even three years (smarter) is not bad. For that kind of wheel and 7-10 day turnaround, I can take a couple break downs. But if others can't, I understand. Railer hasn't had problems, I don't think. So, what, about 50% of us? My problem was very minor, but admittedly, most of my frustration was with Thrustmaster. I'm not saying they are saints. lol. And I'm not saying it's right for everyone. Obviously not you. But ponder the Spider for a second. Did it meet or exceed your expectations? Who made it?
I would rather have something that didn't break down whether a Ferrari or Toyota tbh.
No arguments about the Spider but with no FFB it has far less to go wrong. When you pay the sort of money the TX costs you shouldn't have to be without it for any length of time at all, especially so early in its life. I had around 4 years with the MS wheel and was never without it. It still works faultlessly now. Of course I may still end up getting a TX at some point as it seems when it's working is great but I am rather particular in what I expect in terms of solidity and reliability of a product I pay good money for.

50% is still very poor in my view but that's only on here, there are plenty of other complaints elsewhere. But equally there are many happy TX owners so it's all about pot luck really it seems. You roll the dice, make your purchase and hope you get a good one :thumbsup:

Of course in my case I have the added security of the Spider to fall back on should I purchase another more expensive wheel and it goes wrong.

I'm confused about the whole weather and tyres issue you are talking about. So you have to stay out in the rain until it's heavy enough for the full wet tyres as these are the only ones the game gives you the option to change to? They've removed intermediates? I'll read that page you linked to as soon as I get a chance Rob :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I heard u talk about the fan being loud and I must say I cant even tell there is a fan in mine ..think il turn down the volume to see if its there.!lol. Thou its never got hot or even warm for that matter..hope it stays that way..

Just had a quick test session to see how things are post-patch and all seems to be good so far :thumbsup: Managed to almost immediately break the 1:40 mark for the first time and stay there or there abouts so pretty happy with that on just the default setup with a few little tweaks.

I'll make the race tonight now providing no further mishaps in regard to saves but can I just ask that we be prompt with the start time. With the race going on beyond midnight over here and my Spider paddles giving that nice solid click it gets a bit noisy when it's late and quiet so I would rather not be going on until later than necessary :thumbsup:

Pit stop a must...u can only get 20 laps of fuel from 40 liters..and thats pushing it.lol
I think you and Eric are right. After I got the patch two things must change. 19 laps from 21. And tire wear now set to "real". They increased both I think. In any case, I know they did the tires, and the max fuel says almost 20 laps, so I'll have to take that. In any case, we should be okay with a warm up.
Surprised to see that you two are finding fuel issues here post-patch. If anything I get better fuel mileage now and can easily make the 21 laps based on my test just now i'll get through the laps with around 35 litres. Laps range between 1.68 and 1.74 and the less fuel on board the better the mileage it seems so I expect that to drop even further as the race progresses.

Patch installed without a hitch it seems and after my little session at Imola just now I am very impressed so far with what they have done with it. The game seems to run smoother now and the little additions to the tyre indicators are nicely done and the changes to the game adjustment screens where you can move the sliders now by 1 degree increments rather than 5 is excellent :thumbsup:

I heard u talk about the fan being loud and I must say I cant even tell there is a fan in mine ..think il turn down the volume to see if its there.!lol. Thou its never got hot or even warm for that matter..hope it stays that way..

I'm kind of anal about the wheel now. I cover it and the xbox after use to prevent dust settling. I have a fan on it during operation and it has stronger and longer lasting fans than the previous bases I've had. And they all have the same firmware. But essentially, you are right...I can't tell when the fan is on because of the earphones. The sound is so great from such a decently priced set. I just hear it when I take them off and it lasts longer, but not so long anymore because I have a massive fan on it. Dries my eyes out sometimes, but I can take it. Also, that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it. lol.

Different cars too have different fuel requirements. I remember at Nurburgring some discussions about fuel usage which were way higher than I was seeing in the Aston. Here in the couple of sessions I had I was using around 1.74 litres per lap.

Yea, that's about what I was getting, but I think the tire wear acceleration maybe upped the gas consumption by slip angles falling off more quickly. In any case, if the game says 19.9 for a tank, I think we have to go with that.

That could be grate.
PSN: GTG_Jos
Live in the Netherlands
Car: doesn't matter, wich one is Just available give it to me
I'm not a very good drive but I love to drive fun and clean.
Hiya mate, I'll put you down as a reserve driver for now as if someone doesn't turn up you can race. If any permanent seat becomes available I'll notify you. As of the start of season two there will be a second league so that will guarantee you a permanent spot if you're still interwsted come February / March 2016:D

Yea, that's about what I was getting, but I think the tire wear acceleration maybe upped the gas consumption by slip angles falling off more quickly. In any case, if the game says 19.9 for a tank, I think we have to go with that.
I'm with Michael in that I the fuel indicators in the pits are off, at least in these cars. They are probably just being over cautious with them. I just ran my first practice race and set it for 19 laps and ended up with almost 9 litres left despite really pushing it and without any attempts to save fuel, that's enough for another 5-6 laps. Just short shifting can get the fuel rate down to 1.5 litres per lap.

I think going with 19 laps makes it way too easy, we should be pushing the limits and if fuel becomes an issue it will be a good test of the pit stops post patch 3.0.

In all honesty the tyres are more of an issue than fuel. You can feel them start to lose grip a couple of laps or so from the end of a 19 lapper but in a 21 lapper (or more) the challenge will be all the more fun :thumbsup: And who knows if online will be the same... something else to add to the excitement :)

Fuel use is approximate. Its still a good idea to look at your fuel mileage and use a calculator or you will be putting 10L in more than you need.
Also.. I bought my 2nd wheel from the same place as McNasty, Walmart. He hasn't had any issues, and also doesn't have a warranty. I just hate having to go 3 weeks without a wheel now.
So you are expecting to get your new wheel base towards the end of next week Michael?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes