Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

So just trying out the capture card and software.
So went into practice, chose a Z4 GT3 and these were the first 2 laps. Nothing special but just wanting to test some features.
Conclusion:
Great recording, it even records a select amount of time even when you are not recording, so if you suddenly do something, you can go back and record it. Brilliant feature! However the software for editing is very basic! The only things i can do are crop the video and then save it.
So I have been looking at sony vegas.

I'm excited to release some footage in within the next 2 hours, not much, just exciting for me that I am recording again.

Can't promise to make this, as I'm trying to get Railer up to speed. If anyone (Michael, Peter, Boothy, etc.) wants to jump in our party, we can run a practice race. Should be back on around 8:30pm Eastern. Had to go eat. Still coming to grips with tire wear, fuel load vis-a-vis tire wear and compound, and some tuning settings. Making slow progress. Probably not ready yet for a "formal" session, but feel free to jump in the party. Also testing cars. Kind of torn between the Audi and the Aston Martin. But leaning Audo #50.

Give me an idea of time and I'll try to get back for it.

We were just at Brands from 4:30-6:30p but nobody joined the party. I'll try to get on a little later, (say maybe 8-8:30pm) my time. Just messing around. Nothing formal, but do have a question: What's the consensus on mechanical failures. It's realism, but also would suck. lol. I had an engine blow last night in a 1 hr. practice race.

Can't promise to make this, as I'm trying to get Railer up to speed. If anyone (Michael, Peter, Boothy, etc.) wants to jump in our party, we can run a practice race. Should be back on around 8:30pm Eastern. Had to go eat. Still coming to grips with tire wear, fuel load vis-a-vis tire wear and compound, and some tuning settings. Making slow progress. Probably not ready yet for a "formal" session, but feel free to jump in the party. Also testing cars. Kind of torn between the Audi and the Aston Martin. But leaning Audo #50.
lol Think it was for hours ago... I was going to join just to see how things were online but I'll wait now until I'm back and wheeled u up instead.

We were just at Brands from 4:30-6:30p but nobody joined the party. I'll try to get on a little later, (say maybe 8-8:30pm) my time. Just messing around. Nothing formal, but do have a question: What's the consensus on mechanical failures. It's realism, but also would suck. lol. I had an engine blow last night in a 1 hr. practice race.
Think the times got confused. I was on around 8pm here...

Mechanical failures.... sounds good but maybe a lot more testing first to see how often they happen.

Yea, it's really hard to know. Maybe just have to scour the forums. I had one in a race and it was frustrating, but at the same time, it taught me that my driving style may need altering, which is good. I notice in real life, the fastest guys are usually good at not using gas and managing corners with idle or brakes more than downshifts. Plus, How often have you redlined a car? Not much, but I do it in games all the time. Bad habit.

My game has arrived, Not sure why everyone is having issues driving seems fairly easy so far with everything off :O_o: AI's be crazy though

Well, the GT3 cars are pretty easy, but I think it defaults way too many cars (like F1) to traction control. So maybe that's why. Still, it's great to have that option but also have the other (that you play) for the REALLY good players. lol. I didn't think you would have too much of an issue. After all, the guys over at VVV could manage with a pad.

Well, the GT3 cars are pretty easy, but I think it defaults way too many cars (like F1) to traction control. So maybe that's why. Still, it's great to have that option but also have the other (that you play) for the REALLY good players. lol. I didn't think you would have too much of an issue. After all, the guys over at VVV could manage with a pad.

I don't know even with them all off it seems fine enough :) I do keep spinning though but that's mainly down to going down a gear too far then anything.

i quite like having to set up the traction control. as i dont know much about the set up with the rest of my car i find if i have understeer then i up the t,c slip to make the back end abit more fun, when im in a car thats abit of a live wire at the back (gt4 aston was awful for it) i tone it down. to be honest if you decide to get rid of it for the league i understand but i like have the t/c set upable ect

i quite like having to set up the traction control. as i dont know much about the set up with the rest of my car i find if i have understeer then i up the t,c slip to make the back end abit more fun, when im in a car thats abit of a live wire at the back (gt4 aston was awful for it) i tone it down. to be honest if you decide to get rid of it for the league i understand but i like have the t/c set upable ect

Id guess it's how realistic people want to be really Daniel. Id prefer to go as identical to the series as possible considering how awesome the game is :)

The only glitch I've experienced so far is the Sound messing up on track. No frame rate drops yet. I can't hear the announcer in the menus explaining stuff. I just get subtitles. Could it be something with the Kinect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes