Power & Glory for GTR 2

Cars Power & Glory for GTR 2 3.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Guys,
my question is that although P&G has a fantastic range of cars, but some of the unavoidable cars of the era are still missing. For example, BMW 2002 (ti, tii), BMW 2800 CS.
GTR2 mods were made for these cars. Is there any simple solution to use these in P&G as well?
Yes, go to esport-racing.de and search for "esr classic trophy" : there are 2 mods, I think you would prefer the 2014 :)

Last edited:
Yes, go to esport-racing.de and search for "esr classic trophy" : there are 2 mods, I think you would prefer the 2014 :)
Thanx for the reply!
Unfortunately, this "esr classic trophy" mod is not made for P&G, but for the GTL-GTR2 mod. Which is indeed similar to P&G, but lacks, for example, the Alfa GTAm 2000, which was a similarly iconic touring car in the early ’70s. So I can't simulate a bmw 2002 vs Alfa GTAm battle. We are told about this situation: I gave a slap to the ****.
My original question was whether cars made for the GTR2 and GTL-GTR2 could be adapted in some way to G&P (or vice versa, p & g car into the gtl-gtr2 game). The row of folders in the Game Data folder is different in the two programs therefore, obviously it does not recognize the cars inserted without modification. I am looking for a solution to this problem as an absolutely lay IT user.

Last edited:
Thanx for the reply!
Unfortunately, this "esr classic trophy" mod is not made for P&G, but for the GTL-GTR2 mod. Which is indeed similar to P&G, but lacks, for example, the Alfa GTAm 2000, which was a similarly iconic touring car in the early ’70s. So I can't simulate a bmw 2002 vs Alfa GTAm battle. We are told about this situation: I gave a slap to the ****.
My original question was whether cars made for the GTR2 and GTL-GTR2 could be adapted in some way to G&P (or vice versa, p & g car into the gtl-gtr2 game). The row of folders in the Game Data folder is different in the two programs therefore, obviously it does not recognize the cars inserted without modification. I am looking for a solution to this problem as an absolutely lay IT user.
No, esR mods are standalone so they don't need gtl-gtr2 mod and you can use them with stock gtr2 or png3 without gtl-gtr2 mod. You just need to add TAG entries in menu GDB files to make cars from png3 compete with esR mods : open corresponding gdb files in GameData to edit them with notepad and copy paste classes either in esR or png3 gdb :)

Don't forget to set GTR2.exe to 'Run as Administrator'.
never do that with CrewChief plugin installed!
I recall that CrewChief is not only a detailed voice speaking engineer but the last 2 years the author @The Iron Wolf has added lots of important hard coded fixes injected directly inside GTR2.EXE : I cannot list all but he has enabled CPU multi-cores/threads, no more texture flickering, backfire enabled for all cars, higher reflections resolution, flat spots on tyres, real Hshifter, triple monitors support, native VR, and tons of other patches that I cannot add myself in hq anniversary patch because it requires to access to gtr2.exe code which is only possible via CrewChief hack...BUT YOU WILL BREAK CREWCHIEF IF YOU SET ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS TO GTR2.EXE BECAUSE HIGHER PRIVILEGES WILL PREVENT CREWCHIEF TO ACCESS GTR2.EXE CODE AND TO PATCH IT.

BUT YOU WILL BREAK CREWCHIEF IF YOU SET ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS TO GTR2.EXE BECAUSE HIGHER PRIVILEGES WILL PREVENT CREWCHIEF TO ACCESS GTR2.EXE CODE AND TO PATCH IT.
Not really!
You can run all features with admin mode.
Believe only the simhub overlay windows will not work unless Simhub is in admin mode too.

Now there isn't any good reason to run the Gtr2.exe in admin mode if you set disableMyDocumentsProfile = 1 in the plugin .ini file.

As you know I do not use CrewChief but I just repeat what The Iron Wolf (main author of crewchief for gtr2 - little precision for people who do not know) forced me to write in readme/install txt : never set admin rights to gtr2.exe with crewchief plugin because some features will be broken.

Last edited:
As you know I do not use CrewChief but I just repeat what The Iron Wolf (main author of crewchief for gtr2 - little precision for people who do not know) forced me to write in readme/install txt : never set admin rights to gtr2.exe with crewchief plugin because some features will be broken.
Paul - Bjarne is correct in his understanding. The reason I recommend not setting admin is because it requires all other tools to also be ran as admin, otherwise very surprising things will happen from time to time. Also, I never run as admin, so it is not a tested scenario. I can't test all the possible configurations, that's why I list the "supported" configuration. Lastly, it is generally a very bad idea to run random things from the internet as admin ;)

I also just made a fix so that GTR2Config does not need admin either, so one less step while setting up a new GTR2 drop.

Last edited:
I have a question about custom championship. In my fresh installed P & G, in custom championship there are only 5 championships, 24h Spa, Fat Cats and featherweights, Heavyweights, IROC 73/74 and Lotus 7 SI Cup. On video reviews online I can see that people have more championships, are they intended to be in game or are they downloaded them somewhere? uploaded picture is a screenshot from YT

Attachments

• D7DF8546-BF8B-483B-8948-955659AAEF66.jpeg
    D7DF8546-BF8B-483B-8948-955659AAEF66.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Look in gamedata/championships; I show 18 there, plus 5 in Custom and 4 in Official, all show in game.
First of all, thanks for your help! Here is the screenshot from my folders... can you zip or rar that files and send them to me?

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 78
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 75
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 71
The game can only show the ones which are installed of course.
If others have more choice, the reason is that they added some mods including championships files or created their own custom championships.

New champioship files installed = new custom championships in game of course :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea