Power & Glory for GTR 2

Cars Power & Glory for GTR 2 3.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
the download fails before it can get past 12mb. turned off all firewalls and av software, still fails. have tried 15 times now. please offer an alternative sight or please fix this download. or anything in particular that is required to download this? i've never had a problem with racedept downloads until now. thanks.

Hi
I'm also getting the unpacking error as stated earlier by others.
I've tried everything, getting the installer from different places, re-downloading several times, using a clean GTR install off the disk, using an install with GTR V1.1, selecting either of the PnG install options, installing in different places... I've been trying for 2 days, but am now totally confused.
I must be missing something. Is the issue also linked to 7Zip struggling to unpack the files, or is it just the corrupted download (everywhere seems to be corrupted I've tried)?
I used to have PnG V3 working fine years ago, but having recently re-intstalled GTR2 (which works fine), I can't seem to get PnGv3.2 to unpack, despite trying all the solutions in this thread.
I know how good PnG is, so any possible solutions appreciated

it is been months that I tell that archive is corrupted here at RD : in fact this is the second time because the first time bad file was signaled then @Dave Stephenson kindly reuploaded working archive..but it seems that RD servers are heavily loaded and few months later the archive is corrupted again :(

At the moment do not download corrupted archive here but go to esport-racing.de to get it instead :

By the way this mod works with Anniversary patch : I especially fixed bugs for this mod but not out of the box, I mean you must enable PnG HQ Anniversary Patch page XVI of my setup with option #1 (I have fixed physics/AI to greatly reduce AI crashs on many modded tracks like NOS2007) or #2 with original physics (AI is unable to drive these physics on many modded tracks especially in rainy conditions), do not use #3 as it is 100% original png with all the graphics bugs.

it is been months that I tell that archive is corrupted here at RD : in fact this is the second time because the first time bad file was signaled then @Dave Stephenson kindly reuploaded working archive..but it seems that RD servers are heavily loaded and few months later the archive is corrupted again :(

At the moment do not download corrupted archive here but go to esport-racing.de to get it instead :

By the way this mod works with Anniversary patch : I especially fixed bugs for this mod but not out of the box, I mean you must enable PnG HQ Anniversary Patch page XVI of my setup with option #1 (I have fixed physics/AI to greatly reduce AI crashs on many modded tracks like NOS2007) or #2 with original physics (AI is unable to drive these physics on many modded tracks especially in rainy conditions), do not use #3 as it is 100% original png with all the graphics bugs.
Thanks GTR233. Yes, I've dowloaded from that site numerous times, but still get the same issue unfortunately (Thanks for the advice though). Thats why I wondered if it was an extraction issue, rather than a corrupted download. I'm getting the exact same issue as everyone else though, so maybe it is the download.
Noted on the Anniversary patch (I read your notes carefully - thanks). Have tried installing PnGV3.2 using an Anniversary patched GTR2 and a fresh, clean install, but still no luck. Very confusing. I've tried every download, and every combination I can think of

Thanks GTR233. Yes, I've dowloaded from that site numerous times, but still get the same issue unfortunately (Thanks for the advice though). Thats why I wondered if it was an extraction issue, rather than a corrupted download. I'm getting the exact same issue as everyone else though, so maybe it is the download.
Noted on the Anniversary patch (I read your notes carefully - thanks). Have tried installing PnGV3.2 using an Anniversary patched GTR2 and a fresh, clean install, but still no luck. Very confusing. I've tried every download, and every combination I can think of
UPDATE - Got it working & Installed.

For information, should others be having trouble, this installation issue didn;t occur when usuing WINRAR as opposed to 7ZUP. With WinRAR the files were able to be unpacked without error. Thats how it worked for me anyway.
E-Sport download as GTR233 states above, is therefore fine and OK to use. Confirmed

UPDATE - Got it working & Installed.

For information, should others be having trouble, this installation issue didn;t occur when usuing WINRAR as opposed to 7ZUP. With WinRAR the files were able to be unpacked without error. Thats how it worked for me anyway.
E-Sport download as GTR233 states above, is therefore fine and OK to use. Confirmed
good to know so please report this unzip error to 7zip author in order to be fixed in next 7zip update.

can someone make a "this decade /modern windows / steam" version of the installer or a video walkthrough of the full manual install without the installer , it fails for me no matter which of the many varied methods described above,

so far:
win 11 for what its worth.
base game installed via steam works fine.
Method 1 install.
Install fails as above, cannot open config.ini
Although files are in folder, game only runs as stock gtr2
Attempt to reinstall says it needs an empty folder,
copy install over, fail on config.ini again.. rinse repeat ad infinitum.

EDIT: Im open to I must be missing something very obvious here, im guessing and testing that "option 1" from installer is just never going to work, as it sets itself up for its own failure with config,ini...? and its MUST for option 2 since it will always have the config.ini from original game?

EDIT2:

Confirmed above, you cannot use "method 1" install in the installer, using Method2 works.

Last edited:
Just a quick question, does installing option 2 (removing GTR2 Content) also remove the vanilla tracks? I don't really want the GTR2 cars in my game but I want to keep the tracks and not have to download modded tracks.

why does it keep crashing
Generically; do not install in any "Program Files" folder; set all exe files to run as admin, and run in XP compatibility mode; remember to run the config to set graphics; make sure you have DX9 installed.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back