Porsche 912 R

Cars Porsche 912 R 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Stereo submitted a new resource:

Porsche 912 R - lightweight GT racing car

Introduction
What do you do when you're too tall to pilot a Porsche 356, but all your friends are driving one? You take the slightly larger sequel, put the same engine in it, and technically meet the minimum weight requirements after replacing all the glass with lexan and using a suspiciously heavy spare tire during scrutineering.

This is a 1968 Porsche 912 with a hopped up motor, classic 911R inspired body, and a light touch of outlaw Porsche style that Parts Obsolete is known for...

Read more about this resource...

giphy.gif

I totally disagree with limitations such as the need to install the Custom Shaders patch. This is discrimination! I have a default game and I am increasingly faced with such discrimination. Is it really difficult to offer 2 versions. For regular game and for Custom Shaders Patch. I did not spoil your rating and write this in a review. Since the model looks good, I wish I could test it in game.

P.S. The problem has been resolved. Thanks Stereo.

Last edited:
I totally disagree with limitations such as the need to install the Custom Shaders patch. This is discrimination! I have a default game and I am increasingly faced with such discrimination. Is it really difficult to offer 2 versions. For regular game and for Custom Shaders Patch. I did not spoil your rating and write this in a review. Since the model looks good, I wish I could test it in game.

You are discriminated (!) by a mod somebody donated to the community? By which standard is this discrimination? And vanilla AC without the CSP`s options seems a bit dated in 2021, don`t you think.

p.s. thanks Stereo for this cool car!

Last edited:
you can always install CSP and turn everything off except for the physics
i mean it's free, it's simple, it's efficient..

despite obvious graphical improvement and night option,
there are also quite a few on the game engine side, improving performance and so on.
Recently, there's also new features for physics to complete what the game couldn't handle before,
Like stereo said, it would make no sense to try and work around them now

Ultimately it is a lot more work to offer 2 versions, it's not just a matter of pick which version to download, they would need to have separate folders because online data checking can't validate multiple versions, so you wouldn't be able to play online with people using/not using CSP anyway. So then they need different UI name, etc. etc.

Ultimately it is a lot more work to offer 2 versions, it's not just a matter of pick which version to download, they would need to have separate folders because online data checking can't validate multiple versions, so you wouldn't be able to play online with people using/not using CSP anyway. So then they need different UI name, etc. etc.
I can change everything myself. Just indicate what to change. I just have a few paid mods that I can't use either. And I don't play online.

At a basic level the reason it won't load is this line in car.ini:
Code:
[HEADER]
VERSION=extended-2
replace it with VERSION=2 and vanilla will be able to run it.

After you do that you'll need to redo suspension geometry from scratch (or find a donor car) cause both front and back will not handle right without CSP.

Yeah... that word does not apply to your hissy fit, buddy.

Last edited:
At a basic level the reason it won't load is this line in car.ini:
Code:
[HEADER]
VERSION=extended-2
replace it with VERSION=2 and vanilla will be able to run it.

After you do that you'll need to redo suspension geometry from scratch (or find a donor car) cause both front and back will not handle right without CSP.
Thanks I got it. I see that the structure of the suspension.ini file is exactly the same as on default cars.

Thanks I got it. I see that the structure of the suspension.ini file is exactly the same as on default cars.
The patch fixes issues with Kunos's suspension model that are beyond the entries in the ini. Not sure why you're boycotting the patch and thus facing "discrimination". It offers performance improvements over the vanilla game among other numerous benefits (such as the suspension fix mentioned).

And yes, it's difficult to offer two versions, as the way to make the two behave similarly is to do what Stereo said, redo the suspension geometry from scratch. And in other cases (if the car uses more CSP physics features), it is not possible to achieve the same level of physics without the patch. Which is the point of requiring the patch.

Yeah the modern tires are going to undergo changes to make them more like A048s, just didn't make it into the initial release cause I forgot to ask for them. The ST in current release is a modern summer tire of the right size, V is just directly equal to what the alfa GTA uses. Whereas A048 is more like a track day semislick.

I think this is more of a 5 weeks thing, I could probably do it in 4 if I tried... so 1 week is not that far wrong. Compared to the 18-30 months of my full deal projects. It's just spread across ~3 months cause I was doing other stuff too. (I do have non simracer hobbies, weirdly)

Last edited:
Yeah the modern tires are going to undergo changes to make them more like A048s, just didn't make it into the initial release cause I forgot to ask for them. The ST in current release is a modern summer tire of the right size, V is just directly equal to what the alfa GTA uses. Whereas A048 is more like a track day semislick.

I think this is more of a 5 weeks thing, I could probably do it in 4 if I tried... so 1 week is not that far wrong. Compared to the 18-30 months of my full deal projects. It's just spread across ~3 months cause I was doing other stuff too. (I do have non simracer hobbies, weirdly)

Excellent! Thanx for the info ! Curious thing. I didnt realize the ST were the defaults. After trying the vintage tyres they seem to have considerably more grip than the ST. Were the tyres misnamed?

Last edited:
Great car, thanks for giving us this!
One request, could there be an option to have a three spoke wheel that doesn't hide half of the tachometer?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back