Stereo updated Porsche 912 R with a new update entry:

bug fixes

Just minor corrections from 1.0
- safari only had LF suspension animating, is now all 4 wheels
- driver head default moved to more sensible position
- Fuchs got the textures rebaked as I didn't like how uneven they were
- little black spots on the interior texture are erased
- safari ext_config made more similar

Also due to popular demand, there's now an optional longer final drive ratio. I was hesitant about this cause it's an engine-out, $1000 of labour thing to do, so it's not realistic...

Read the rest of this update entry...

What a drive! Amazing.
I understand this car probably doesnt have a wiper irl but is it possible to add one as an option so its possible to drive nords in the rain with this beauty?

What a drive! Amazing.
I understand this car probably doesnt have a wiper irl but is it possible to add one as an option so its possible to drive nords in the rain with this beauty?
Sorry, no - to explain, in the past I've tried supporting beta features of CSP, and it just leads to needing mod updates every month or so when the systems completely change. Once there's a stable recommended version of the patch that includes rain, I'll consider it. (and you're correct, it doesn't have a wiper irl, also runs on non-dot semislicks)

Last edited:
Sorry, no - to explain, in the past I've tried supporting beta features of CSP, and it just leads to needing mod updates every month or so when the systems completely change. Once there's a stable recommended version of the patch that includes rain, I'll consider it. (and you're correct, it doesn't have a wiper irl, also runs on non-dot semislicks)
Thanks for the reply and fair enough i guess. I may see if i can add a wiper myself just for personal use so i can drive your amazing car in the amazing rain around Nords. I doubt i will be able to do it though, lol but i feel i just will drive this car and this car only for a month straight if i can manage it :D

I came back to try the 912 after about a year. I was really looking forward to drive it but..
Maybe something is off somewhere in my system. I was keeping the suspension app on because I was tweaking the Lotus 11 mod. And it appeared that on the 912 the front a-arms are pointing up toward the wheel when I was trying to drive it. If I increase rideheight then the whole front end goes up. Though on CM showroom, it looked normal.
I guess the next thing I will try is to uninstall the mod and download it again. Sorry, I feel like the bad news bear.
(Sorry I will try to figure out how to take a screenshot.)

I came back to try the 912 after about a year. I was really looking forward to drive it but..
Maybe something is off somewhere in my system. I was keeping the suspension app on because I was tweaking the Lotus 11 mod. And it appeared that on the 912 the front a-arms are pointing up toward the wheel when I was trying to drive it. If I increase rideheight then the whole front end goes up. Though on CM showroom, it looked normal.
I guess the next thing I will try is to uninstall the mod and download it again. Sorry, I feel like the bad news bear.
(Sorry I will try to figure out how to take a screenshot.)
It's F8 on the keyboard to save screenshots directly in the AC directory under "Documents" and F11 to take screenshots saved in your Steam gallery.

Thank you Raymond.
912_Laguna Seca.jpg

Hmm, I consulted the Porsche oracle and apparently it should use Koni lowering struts which changes the spindle attachment point. It would still angle upward though cause the car is so low, but not as much as that.

I agree about the spindle attachment point. Funny that was on Laguna Seca, not on Cadwell Park nor Topanga Canyon. Still I moved the spindle attachment point down a little as well as the steering rod attachment point. I think the wheel feels more direct and the car more alive and responsive.

WBTYRE_BOTTOM=0.054, -0.086, 0.015
WBTYRE_STEER=0.095, -0.005, -0.092

I hope you approve this change.

I love the level ride height, zero front toe, about -1 degree neg camber front. On ST, this 912 has so much grip and so responsive but rear is quiet?? (why) This with my minor change made the car responsive yet forgiving. Going back to the original, with same alignment spec, the front feel more vague and the rear moved around more. I think the front is much slower than the rear motion so there is kind of kind of wobbling/fish tailing when pushed.

I was looking for the handling description of early 911/901 and most talked about how direct and responsive the steering wheel feel... Seems that the exact same thing was described about the original 85/86 MR2. They both were wrongly accused and famous for snap-oversteering. Yet, the same cars were praised for being responsive and communicative handling. Anyway, so I am setting them up similarly.

Thank you again for an Excellent mod. Thoroughly enjoying the 912. This is the definitive mod for early 911/912.

Last edited:
Maybe it's a simple game mechanic that I'm not understanding but what point of measurement is the front and rear height in the Car status referring to? Also, what would stock ride height on this mod correspond to in real life measurements to either fender lip or in relation to torsion bar center?

Thanks in advance

They are used on some cars with regulation minimum heights to confirm eligibility. On this mod it is not corresponding to anything important. They're measured at the axles but there's an offset number so it's not the floor of the car or anything.

Last edited:
They are used on some cars with regulation minimum heights to confirm eligibility. On this mod it is not corresponding to anything important. They're measured at the axles but there's an offset number so it's not the floor of the car or anything.
Ah, ok! Thank you for a quick reply. Are the point of the rear chassis wishbone in the front in the same place as the torsion bar axis on the original car and can I assume that the positions outlined there are correct in relation to the wheel before applying the rod length for RH adjustments? Is there a point in the rear suspension that corresponds to the real life torsion bar axis?

Thank you

I looked at the suspension points visually in photo mode (learning as I go) and your pickup points look to be in the correct place so that would make it possible for me to use the factory specified ride height setting procedure if I knew the position of the pickup points in relation to wheel centre. However, the Rod height parameter and me not being entirely sure if there is anything not seen in the Suspension.ini file that influences how the car sits and which car height the chassis coordinates are given at complicates things. If there is any good guides/sources that don't deal primarily with the graphics/animations and more the underlying physics and game engine I would be grateful to be pointed in the right direction.

Thank you.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back