Podium DD's VS Simucube 2's

Hi guys, the past while I was trying to find good comparisons between these two models of dd's. Has anyone tested both ? I understand that the software for these aren't complete yet but is there any clear winner here ? thanks.

Wasn't planning to.
But if new features like long promised improved Recon filter (if that ever happens) are introduces in online only version, it will be difficult choice not to.
So you are unhappy with the current performance of the motor/software?

I cannot find anything wrong with it and am still very content with how the wheelbase performs. AT the moment I just use the setup and left my settings untouched for the last half a year or so.
So I do not try to fix something that isn't broken. Same approach for GFX drivers for example.

BTW I stopped updating before they introduced their "soft" "medium""hard" bumpstops even. :geek:

But true, if they incorporate one fix you would like to have but you dislike the other "improvements" they did you are in a bind.

Upvote 0
I really cannot thank you guys enough for the insights on the state of the SC2 software across various titles and the other issues in the SC2 community. Some amazing insights in here and I sincerely appreciate it.

I think, as much as it pains me to say this, that the DD1 PS4 is probably going to be the best choice for me. It just stings a bit because as a former SC2 Pro owner I know that in games like AC and iRacing is just cannot be matched,

At the very least this has all been some major food for thought.

Upvote 0
I think, as much as it pains me to say this, that the DD1 PS4 is probably going to be the best choice for me
Think It twice, I would be very Happy with a Fanatec DD base and Its compatibility Game list, but then its Quick release system jumps into my mind saying "Im your worst nightmare!!!"

Im waiting the next DD move by Logitech or Thrustmaster to think about changing the steering wheel again

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Think It twice, I would be very Happy with a Fanatec DD base and Its compatibility Game list, but then its Quick release system jumps into my mind saying "Im your worst nightmare!!!"

Im waiting the next DD move by Logitech or Thrustmaster to think about changing the steering wheel again

They have already confirmed there is a new QR in the works, and considering how easy it is to remove the current QR I cannot imagine them making it incompatible with the DD1 or DD2.

Knowing they are working on the QR issue (and if the new QR is anything like the Kronotec it resembles i will be thrilled) has pretty much removed it from my concerns.

I am planning on waiting until summer to make my decision, though. I am getting my HE sprints in the mail tomorrow and I will just use my t300 base until I hear more news.

Upvote 0
I’m quite new to sim racing and looking to upgrade from my CSW2.5 soon. My impression was that SC2 was the top dog for PC racing but the last two pages of comments here have me rethinking that. Can you guys clarify if the comments about their development direction and lack of trust are only related to PS4/PS5 support, or are these concerns for a PC user as well?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I’m quite new to sim racing and looking to upgrade from my CSW2.5 soon. My impression was that SC2 was the top dog for PC racing but the last two pages of comments here have me rethinking that. Can you guys clarify if the comments about their development direction and lack of trust are only related to PS4/PS5 support, or are these concerns for a PC user as well?

I was an SC2 owner for 8 months last year (i sold it because i moved and didn't have room/time for a while), I can tell you that in games like iracing and Assetto for PC, the SC2 is unmatched, and I've also spent a bunch of time on the DD2. However, I always felt I had some issues getting it dialed in with other sims/games. I often played Dirt Rally, WRC9, AMS2, ACC, and a little bit of F1. From what I understand the SC2 and the way the it interprets FFB from certain games makes it not as consistent as the Fanatec offering from game-to-game.

A lot of this is beyond my technical knowledge, but I am just trying to convey what I have gathered over time.

As for the support and direction the Granite Devices team are taking, you will have to rely on someone more involved with the community.

If you're wondering why console support has gotten a lot of attention in these discussions it's because from what has been shown of Gran Turismo 7 it looks to be a game that brings back a lot of what many of us wish we had in some sims/simcades of today. You'll be hard pressed to find a simracer in the 25-40 age group that didn't spend a good portion of their childhood banging play the GT titles, so it's gathered some attention from people who play more serious simulators.

Edit: again, i am nowhere close to as knowledgable as many others here, I am simply trying to paraphrase a lot of what has been relayed to me when i have been mulling over the decision.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Please explain. My DD1/Formula V2 is rock solid.
It can't be rock solid with a plastic O-ring in It, sorry but i dont belive it. And that golden ring to screw the wheels? Years ago we talked about the Thrustmaster "not so quick" Release abomination, and then Failatec creates the same **** but gold plated, cool!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, if the rubber ring is properly nipped up before the wheel is put on it is rock solid - well save tying a rope to the wheel and pulling the rig over.
If the rubber ring isn't properly nipped up first, then there is play in the QR.
I tried both methods on my DD1/V2 and it is now rock solid.
Simples.

Upvote 0
Nipped up - tighten something so that it is just touching or pinching another item. Quite often found in engineeering talk I'm afraid.

Also
intransitive verb

1: to bite or pinch someone or something lightly.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Never played GT except short demo, curious if it's really worth the trouble of PS integration, Forza Motorsport works just fine on PC and in my unprofessional view is the the same level driving simcade?

Upvote 0
Never played GT except short demo, curious if it's really worth the trouble of PS integration, Forza Motorsport works just fine on PC and in my unprofessional view is the the same level driving simcade?

Alone, I don't think it's worth the trouble, BUT if you also want to jump from Dirt 2.0 to F1 with a buddy, to ACC? I think it might be time to consider something else. For me, GT has a special place in my heart, it was the game I played first when I got my G27 and built a wooden rig back in 2008, before that I would stay up late doing endurance races with my dad or trying to get gold in all of the license tests. It's a fun game.

In my opinion it's much better than something like Forza, especially horizon, but I'm not the market for that game. Compared to Forza 7 I would say it's more fun, slightly better physics, more fun with a wheel, and it has a ridiculously populated online mode. It's not iracing or AC though, and I don't think it's trying to be.

I also have a wife who likes to use my rig, and none of my friends are good enough or care enough to get into iracing. Honestly, if it were just me, I would probably be in iracing more and not considering the fanatec.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The advantage of GT is if they have the GT style career mode. FM never came close to it. And GT tries to at least have some aspects of actual racing like qualifying, a proper grid, etc. The ability to slowly work your way up to faster series while saving up and upgrading cars you own. That's what we want and Forza cannot emulate it at all.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I thought FM7 Career was all right for what the title is with good roster of cars/tracks and themed championships like historic, etc. But then Horizon came out and I shelved FM7 for good.
With physics like this you either need to go full arcade or don't exist at all.

Upvote 0
I thought FM7 Career was all right for what the title is with good roster of cars/tracks and themed championships like historic, etc. But then Horizon came out and I shelved FM7 for good.
With physics like this you either need to go full arcade or don't exist at all.
Don't you think that's more your personal preference rather than a fact?
There's plenty of stuff you probably like that other people think isn't fun at all.
For example, I think FM7's career mode doesn't even rub the itch for a Gran Turismo career mode, let alone scratch it. I won't make an effort to explain why we want Gran Turismo to you because I think you've more or less decided to just dismiss our preferences as not valid.
But I think I remember you saying you like Wreckfest? Personally I think it's not fun at all and I refunded it after 30 minutes. Different tastes I suppose.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Just like everything else posted here? :)
You must have misread as I've never stated that FM7 career is better than GT, just had a little more seat time in FM7 than GT, that's it, my personal opinion (not a fact) that neither does justice to DD wheel or even worth discussing here. Consoles are not sims territory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
There's plenty of stuff you probably like that other people think isn't fun at all.
For example, I think FM7's career mode doesn't even rub the itch for a Gran Turismo career mode, let alone scratch it. I won't make an effort to explain why we want Gran Turismo to you because I think you've more or less decided to just dismiss our preferences as not valid.
But I think I remember you saying you like Wreckfest? Personally I think it's not fun at all and I refunded it after 30 minutes. Different tastes I suppose.

Lol, what a bizarrely aggressive response to a totally innocuous post about someone thinking the FM7 career mode was "alright." I'm sure he didn't realize the minefield he was stepping in to with his extremely radical stance! :D

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 11.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 44 36.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 72 59.0%