Cars PM3DM Super Touring Cars

Yesterday I saw an interesting video. Paul Radisich testing 3 versions of the Mondeo Supertouring car (1994,1995, and 2000)

Maybe it contains some new informations for you. He describe some parts of the car, or maybe the cockpit sound is useful. If not? Then I put this here only for enjoy it! ;)

I found a public FB group dedicated for STW. There is a lot of pictures.

And here is a webpage where you can find photos from DTM, STW, etc...
Categorized by year, and by drivers! So it is very good for skin makers.
http://www.kh-saarland.de

There is a massive good new content for me on that site.
I surprised, when I saw the Opel Astra F 4-door sedan is participate in STW with Marco Werner. (I know it run in class2 in DTM 1993, and I know the other Astras in south-african and portugalia, but I never saw this, with this wing:

And after that I suprised too, when I saw some good quality photos from hilclimb races, where hungarian drivers started in the 80's :D

I surprised, when I saw the Opel Astra F 4-door sedan is participate in STW with Marco Werner. (I know it run in class2 in DTM 1993, and I know the other Astras in south-african and portugalia, but I never saw this, with this wing:
not that surprising given how good of an engine the C20XE was (like look at the Spiess made F3 variant. AN easy 250 bhp from those 2 litres). Chevy still used it in their WTCC cars from 2005 on.

I just started getting into mods on AC and am absolutely in love with these BTCC cars. Primera was a bit tough to figure out at first but so satisfying to drive. Because of these mods, I got down a bit of a 90’s BTCC rabbit hole and came across these articles I linked to below.
Mostly I was researching steering ratios (which I found zero information about) - they seem incredibly quick especially on the BMW. Formula car quick! Don’t get me wrong - I have full confidence that this is accurate and true to life in the mods, confirmed by on board video. Mostly I was just curious if this was because of incredibly quick steering ratios or a lack of range because of the tight fender gaps they ran. You can see a lot of video where guys get tapped and the car snaps around with no hope of saving it because they run out of steering. Anyway, I’m going on and on but the point is the mods capture the essence of these cars so well it’s almost scary. With that, forgive me if they’ve been posted before but good reading nonetheless:

http://www.supertouringregister.com/document/8/

And this:

https://www.evo.co.uk/audi/a4/21825...and-tech-of-2-litre-touring-car-racing-in?amp

A3DR working wonders, Renault on track.

renault laguna silv1.jpg

W.I.P. 1994 BMW Motorsport Team Schnitzer BTCC skin

__custom_showroom_1620044078-jpg.471332

Yeah, the car was also the 318is, but hey...

Car Skin 95%
Driver Suit 80%
Pit crew, Pit Board and Helmets to do

(x3 - Winkelhock #1, Soper #2, Ravaglia #21)
Image preview didn't work but I'm very much looking forward to seeing the finished product! The 1993/94 BMWs had the best liveries in my eyes.

So the Volvo is out.

If anyone wishes to create their own sound mods or just wants the files for their own curioisity, I have linked below the two sound recordings we did of the 1998 TWR Volvo S40 in wav format.

2017 file was done with a Zoom sound recorder, the 2018 recording was done using the same sound recorder but with an external RODE mic (but its in mono - although the file itself is stereo - just duplicated channels). The reason for doing this was because the internal mics on the sound recorder only have an SPL of about 105 and it was peaking a clipping a little, so I bought a RODE mic with an SPL of 130 and I was able to place the mic much further forwards near the bulkhead.
DSC_5010web.jpg

Last edited:
I needed a new ringtone/ASMR sleeping aid, thanks.

P.S. Love the S40, drives brilliantly. Just a bit of constructive crit, the Y in Rydell on the back window is cut off so it shows as Rvdell ;)

Last edited:
Oh yeah... now that's nice! 93 I think looks even better than 94 so I look forward to that!
Close to releasing the Livery. Will package 93 and 94. I'll then update suits, helmets and pit crew at a later date.
preview.jpg

@Patrik Marek please let me know if you are happy for me to include your blank tyre textures that I've put the Yokohama logo onto with these releases. Thank you!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea