Cars PM3DM Super Touring Cars

Many thanks. One of my favourite cars. Is there a planned length for the project or car releases.
Kenny.

We are hoping to get at least 2 cars ready by Christmas but we can't give exact dates as we don't want to disappoint people.

The Mondeo isn't actually one of my favorite cars, I never particularly cared for it, however its from an era that I love and I do massively respect the technology involved - much of which sadly we can't really replicate in AC. Like for example it had a jig / spring attached to the front splitter that would reset its height after going over a kerb, they had an exotic combi differential, a mixture of a plate and visco, plate for power, visco for coast.

We are hoping to get at least 2 cars ready by Christmas but we can't give exact dates as we don't want to disappoint people.

The Mondeo isn't actually one of my favorite cars, I never particularly cared for it, however its from an era that I love and I do massively respect the technology involved - much of which sadly we can't really replicate in AC. Like for example it had a jig / spring attached to the front splitter that would reset its height after going over a kerb, they had an exotic combi differential, a mixture of a plate and visco, plate for power, visco for coast.

Thanks Ben.

That's great.
Kenny

Thank you all so much, this is a pleasant surprise, I haven't been keeping up with the thread.

I've been too busy having MASSIVE FUN I guess.

Thank you!

Thanks Ben.

That's great.
Kenny
just to add to that, the thing that makes these take really long time is that we are starting all of these from scratch! so model alone would take you about 2 months when it's your fulltime job, which obviously this isn't , and as much, if not even more , attention goes into physics and all the data collection

but the great thing is that we have got quite a few new very talented modellers, so things should definitely be bit faster then before, when it was all mosltly just me doing the car models ( I had one helper who did pretty much the entire cockpit for Altis)

so yeah, hope is at least 2 cars this year ( very likely towards end of year) and then maybe 3-4 cars next year , and then the rest

just to add to that, the thing that makes these take really long time is that we are starting all of these from scratch! so model alone would take you about 2 months when it's your fulltime job, which obviously this isn't , and as much, if not even more , attention goes into physics and all the data collection

but the great thing is that we have got quite a few new very talented modellers, so things should definitely be bit faster then before, when it was all mosltly just me doing the car models ( I had one helper who did pretty much the entire cockpit for Altis)

so yeah, hope is at least 2 cars this year ( very likely towards end of year) and then maybe 3-4 cars next year , and then the rest

Awsome. Will be amazing.
Kenny.

hi, i recreated the real 1998 championship (only sprint races) and i would like to share it! Is there a way for that? i ve found all the races infos on a fabulous page with absolutely everything! cheers!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back