Cars PM3DM Super Touring Cars

I understand that you are in no hurry and take your time

it is I think the most awaited mod and the most request

the series of toca (1 & 2) and one of the best memories for many of us so being able to play soon on asseto corsa in VR it's dream !

it is this kind of mod that even pay I do not hesitate to buy !!!

custom_showroom_1540151368.jpg

custom_showroom_1540152290.jpg

custom_showroom_1540152359.jpg

Hi Ben.
Are we still on for the 2 release cars before Christmas. Many thanks.
Kenny.
Hi Kenny. Very unlikely I’m afraid. Nice progress on the Peugeot interior as Paule has posted, but physics work hasn’t even started yet and the BMW needs a whole interior, plus another physics pass as the physics on that are stil at an early stage.

Curious, in your first pics, were you making the car only from the picture or was that a laser type scan that made the 3d car for you? Forgive my ignorance. latter and its consumer ready, i would like to purchase that software to make a car in my country that I wish i could mod for years.

Curious, in your first pics, were you making the car only from the picture or was that a laser type scan that made the 3d car for you? Forgive my ignorance. latter and its consumer ready, i would like to purchase that software to make a car in my country that I wish i could mod for years.
Primera was done all purely based on images, no sort of scanning

For some other cars, we used a photogrammetry technique, where you take a ton's of photos and you get a sort of a scan of the car, but the thing with this technique is that it's not great for shiny and reflective objects, and also it could be quite in-accurate , as opposed to laser scan

some cars turned out really great though, but its' still just a source and we then have to use this data as a guide for the actual car mod

the program we have used is called Agisoft Photoscan, but there is also a reality capture, which is available through steam on per month basis ( much cheaper that way) and you can also first try it out as demo, which I don't think you can for Agisoft
Reality caputre is also much faster and have overall bit sharper results

14409659_936518753127128_972973303521467774_o.jpg

Not much progress to report visually, however quite a bit of work going on in the background on tyres, trying to come up with changes which fit both the RWD and FWD cars (since they should share the same tyre). Currently the BMW has problems with our “Nissan” tyre, so we are trying to come up with a solution which doesn’t adversely affect the Nissan, but can work also with the BMW.

In the meantime, Irfan has come on great strides with the Alfa 156 Superturismo. Many elements still WIP, including wheels and other details.

Also below I have linked to the recording of the Alfa 156 Superturismo I did at Silverstone late last year. This should form the basis of the sound for this car.

51151555_10214419423294487_6119152537833570304_o.jpg
50623460_10214419423094482_3307218383782543360_o.jpg

@Ben Lee will the BMW have that lovely gear box scream form inside? love that high pitched gear box noise!
It has to be the aim.

Whether we can get it sounding as good as the real thing is down to whether AC can do it and whether we want that for the car as having that sound for a car might be too much to listen to, so we might need to come up with a balance which is faithful but also easy on the ears. I have done 3 recordings of BMWs with different methods, but none of them came out really ideal in the sense that the engine note is pretty buried in the mix of gearbox and tranny noise.

Thanks for the reply's gents.. I really hope you can get it to work. as said before I cant wait for this mod pack! been driving race 07 again recently and the Andreas super touring mod which is great but race 07 is getting long in the tooth now and looks dated and the handling model and AI are not the best anymore compared to a good mod in AC like Patricks Primera! All the best for getting it done!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back