Pit Stop problem

Hi. I am from Georgia - Tbilisi. Me and my friend decided to do our Country Track http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rustavi_International_Motorpark Our track was updated and now we have new circle. Much better than previous.

Official page : Rustavi International Motorpark

In game preview

10a62db3b7a6.jpg

13d910d93fd1.jpg

Someone can help us? we made pits, but car don't damage after hitting wall. It look like this. How to fix problem?

2bd49ccf9e01.jpg

d6476f5081ef.jpg

New pit stop

8cc2a18c31b0.jpg

First realise - Rustavi Beta 1 version. Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sm7hifs35vt2a78

Working process :

61eed6b0f594.jpg

085ea2986ce6.jpg

de3865eb47f6.jpg

8834466b8b18.jpg

It's our first work, Hope people like it. Lot of work to do.

If you only have 3ds files where did this rFactor - Rustavi International Motorpark - Version Beta 3 come from, which has all the gmt's and textures.

I have that working in rFactor.

ebrich
If you only have 3ds files where did this rFactor - Rustavi International Motorpark - Version Beta 3 come from, which has all the gmt's and textures.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ooifd62ia0j46o6 This 3DS model from http://www.rustavi1.com/ I want to convert it in game to test or BTB to edit.

Rustavi International Motorpark - Version Beta 3 - this one is made by me and my friend. I have it to. We made it in BTB. I only edit and export 3D objects from Google SketchUp.

OK. Then you need to open the 3ds file in 3dsimEd add some textures and export the gmts. Then follow what I wrote about getting it into the game.

Still don't understand why you want to go back to a 3ds file when you have all the gmt's ready for putting into the game.

Hello sti228,

Xpacker accepts 3DS files aswell as DAE (Collarda). import it the same as the bridge you made and create the xpack.

Open BTB and create a small circle of track (3 nodes is enough) and then just place the object on top of the track and set the options as driveable. drag the AIW waypoints and timing gates around the object, then export to rFactor.

You can delete the small circle of btb track from the scn file later if you want.
;)

Can't remember if there was a better way (haven't use BTB for sometime now..) But if you select all the nodes (shift pressed + lasso), keep shift pressed and move the track to new location. That's only bad news if you have some terrain and objects done already.. You can select all terrain nodes and move them all, do the same for objects. Walls and SObjects unfortunately don't move like that..

It's much simpler to move the picture... The track is not far from 0,0,0 so there should be no problems (if it's really really long track, ~30km then it would have to be centered but that's totally different matter..)

Just remember from now on that pits should be at location 0,0,0XYZ. Height is not that important, just make sure the pits are directly above/below that point... For ex on some titles if safety car location is missing, it will spawn at 0,0,0XYZ (well, again, it spawns to the highest driveable surface above that point in space to be exact...), you can do stripped AIWs to speed up testing, it's easier to navigate mentally when you know yourself where the origo is and it's easy to calculate stuff, working with 3dsimed is a lot easier etc.. So many reasons but putting it just a little bit off center is not in anyway an obstacle.

Also when talking about 3D coordinates, BTB uses the "other" method where X is horizontal, like it should be but Y is longitudinal and Z is the vertical axis.... Or was it other way around, how fast can one forget basics? X and Y are flat, Z is the height in BTB while it should be X and Z are flat and Y is height...

main grandstand.png

sti228

I made each garage 6x14m in size, but it's made the main grandstand seem to deep. The roof supports have been a little bit of a nightmare, and I still need to paint/texture, maybe add people. Hopefully I will be able to upload it as an xpack for you to test on Sunday.

How are you doing on the pit building?
:thumbsup:

You can import couple of natural models like cars, people etc. in to the scene. It helps with scaling imaginary objects. For pits pick regular road car, F1 type and anything you've seen yourself in those kind of surroundings. Grandstand without garages are much easier, you can get away with more since there no interaction with them and the vehicle. But scaling is an issue that needs to checked constantly, later in the project you might have to fix everything..

I might have pre 1.x cicada version somewhere, it's a perfect example of that effect... Drains were suddenly wider than an F1 car and everything still looked ok in BTB. Had to touch everything, managed to fix it with car to scale xpack. But it's wiser to address it right in the modelling software, in a composer software like BTB it's already too late.

You can compare this to music recording process (i have to censor this a bit, this is suppose to be PG site ;)..) Crap in, crap out.

The building design is really good, i imagine that if you release this to community, it'll be very popular. EDIT: There was a wall of text that was to help with imaginary objects, but since this isn't one...

But it really is pretty, definitely worthy of releasing it as single object. EDIT: Didn't know it was real life object, not imaginary...

pic.php

pic.php

The trusses/trellis are only textures, as the majority of the time your driving past at around 150mph+. If i put to much detail into modelling the roof frame work in 3d, it could have a serious impact on overall ingame fps.

Mangoletsi

Very good work. I like it so much.

131cdc413b8b.jpg

I am working on tower and bridge. Can't find some good textures for tower yet.

4157e6e2787b.jpg

I need your help people. Can someone tell me how to make such a shaped like that, it's possible to make it in BTB ? Also i don't know how to make it. I don't know it's English name, if i am not mistaken it's called curve.

e07bee4f8092.jpg

Don't be making this post so long, i don't know if i understood. But you want smooth terrain shapes, right? You need some spline control then. There's wall tool and road that uses spline to calculate shapes. Either use wall tool to make the required shape and follow it. Or make a new temporary road and use autogenerate terrain on it to apply some spline calculations. But i don't know if that's what you're after. Wall is much faster, road is for rally long stretches as it is harder to position (no 3D window controls...) You can make a copy from the original track and manipulate that, you can make for ex long smooth terrain shapes far away from the original track, merging them to the terrain from the original road methodically.

EDIT: Come to think of it, i have more processing power on my PC, i can now make videos.. There are some tricks that are hard to explain.. Maybe i'll do that video tutorial after all.. Now just to get BTB to install smoothly to win7...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back