Pit Stop problem

Hi. I am from Georgia - Tbilisi. Me and my friend decided to do our Country Track http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rustavi_International_Motorpark Our track was updated and now we have new circle. Much better than previous.

Official page : Rustavi International Motorpark

In game preview

10a62db3b7a6.jpg

13d910d93fd1.jpg

Someone can help us? we made pits, but car don't damage after hitting wall. It look like this. How to fix problem?

2bd49ccf9e01.jpg

d6476f5081ef.jpg

New pit stop

8cc2a18c31b0.jpg

First realise - Rustavi Beta 1 version. Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sm7hifs35vt2a78

Working process :

61eed6b0f594.jpg

085ea2986ce6.jpg

de3865eb47f6.jpg

8834466b8b18.jpg

It's our first work, Hope people like it. Lot of work to do.

085ea2986ce6.jpg

No problem, i made some work, but it's unfinished.

yes, i know Vano M.D. He give me a 3D model of RIM.

Looking real good now sti228.

I was looking at Vano's video on youtube, and the supports for the stairs, the tunnels, the elevator/lift tower, seem different to the picture i was using. there's some hidden cut out area's near the lift and on the west side of the first floor.

The car's are driving to fast for me to see clearly.

Mangoletsi
Can you look at it using the google earth kmz preview and check it please, I've also put the main grandstand in for comparison.
I am looking at it right know, and i think it looks good. I don't mention any strange things.

The only thing i would like to say is : thank you for your help. I appreciate this !

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q684vy

Hello, Another google earth update to show the current status of the pitbuilding. I didn't get any reply from Vano M D, so I cant really do much more on the rear. I have still got to think how I'm going to do the glass, and try cubemapping for the first time.

I've also been thinking, maybe it will be easier to give you the sketchup model enabling you to add or change the final details like the podium etc....

:thumbsup:

Mangoletsi

Thank you. I open model and it's look better and better every time. I have good news. In 17 February me and my friend go in RIM and i can look at pit stop and also sand you pictures of it.

Hope it will help you.

8834466b8b18.jpg

de3865eb47f6.jpg

Hello,

BTB / XPacker cant read the DAE files exported from Sketchup8, only previous versions like sketchup6 and maybe sketchup7.
Im not sure if you can but if possible, export or use rhino to make 3ds files instead.
;)

I havent done any work on the pitbuilding this week.

Collision: mark the object as "Moveable" and rename it as cone002.gmt or sign002.gmt. Number is not important but the first part of the object name is, it'll tell the game how it should react: sign fall over, cone will bounce. you can change the cone/sign in the XPacker when you are importing an object.

Transitions: use multimaterial cross-section, make the furthermost materials as grass or gravel and simply photoshop the transition in the image. There's some pre-defined cross-sections in CK-Tools XPack: http://www.wuala.com/SquidCap/BTB/XPacks/ that you can modify to your needs.

Try to change the material on that missing terrain as "double sided". If it shows then, you have inadvertently flipped the terrain tris upside down. .

EDIT: Another way to check is to use free flight camera and fly below the terrain. If it shows from below, it's definitely upside down.

Kennett Ylitalo

Thanks, i check it, but it's not visible in game :( Don't understand reason of problem. Just everything seems the same, but it's not works.

Damn.. Can you drive on that area? Maybe it's not even exported at all, it may happen. I once had that and in the end i had to extend the surrounding area anchor by anchor and delete the buggy piece one tri at a time (it happened so long ago but i got a memory of BTB crashing if i deleted the whole section....Fortunately mine was a short gaps but they all appeared around the track after one point, i don't know what or when it had happened but my theory is that BTB forgets them from the export list but they still exist in the venue.bin.

A tip that came to mind from that similar problem: Good terrain naming rules and organizing is very important to have when you are doing the final exports.. It's much easier to optimize terrain section sizes. Poor management can destroy a whole project = Alpine Hills 2.0... Venue.bin was so corrupted that the whole project became unstable ingame and in BTB (still gutted about that, the 2.0 layout and details were superior to 1.x And i did buttload of work to test never seen features... Maybe i should do a quick track this week..;) ). So as you no doubt have to some reorganizing, take a look at the terrain section list. It may help you isolate the problem area. (diclaimer: i have no idea how well you have that covered, one pitfall just came to mind from a similar problem..)

Have you 3DSimed or someone who can take a look at it? That might reveal the cause so you can advance to solution.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.