Pit Stop problem

Hi. I am from Georgia - Tbilisi. Me and my friend decided to do our Country Track http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rustavi_International_Motorpark Our track was updated and now we have new circle. Much better than previous.

Official page : Rustavi International Motorpark

In game preview

10a62db3b7a6.jpg

13d910d93fd1.jpg

Someone can help us? we made pits, but car don't damage after hitting wall. It look like this. How to fix problem?

2bd49ccf9e01.jpg

d6476f5081ef.jpg

New pit stop

8cc2a18c31b0.jpg

First realise - Rustavi Beta 1 version. Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sm7hifs35vt2a78

Working process :

61eed6b0f594.jpg

085ea2986ce6.jpg

de3865eb47f6.jpg

8834466b8b18.jpg

It's our first work, Hope people like it. Lot of work to do.

Never use Sketchup internal textures! That is a big no no! SU handles all internal textures differently than imported ones. Every time you paint with SU internal textures it creates a new material for every surface.. Just last week i accidentally left one internal texture in a simple model (under 1000 triangles, very boxy, simple.) and got 255 textures, 251 of those were duplicates (all black single color...)...

Also when you use your own textures, you get the right dimensions: all textures in games, any game really, has to have a texture dimensions in the power of two (32,64,128,256 etc..) so for ex 337x238 causes the game to crash but texture with 256x512 will work. SU internal textures are scaled to what ever dimension it wants. If you import textures and paint with them, SU exports them correctly... What i did: i created 32x32px textures with basic colors. I'll use those when creating the model then at later stage replace them with the real textures. That way you can check the model in your project very early and see that it functions right (it's right size, if it has collision detection activated then to check that collision works as wanted etc)

I'm sorry if that don't translate well, this is one of the many modern professions that don't translate to other languages well..Tech talk don't translate well ;)

Hi. It's possible to change sky texture of track ? How to do that ? I change DDS texture ( name : Glass_Sky_Reflection_28_dark% and - Glass_Sky_Reflection_55% ) , but this way don't work.

31818d93bcce.jpg

60e0dec1f31a.jpg

My apologies for not replying in time, Ive been having troubles with my internet lately....
Im glad you got it working anyway!
Your track & objects are looking great, I look forward to sampling the finished product:thumbsup:

I try to change Loading Screen. I change TGA file, but the road don't appear in game.

Photoshop picture.

c02ccf6dc07f.jpg

save as TGA format.

098e5a4792ff.jpg

Start game, but the result look like this.

42ffad6c3d61.jpg

How to do something like this one ?

169fa37f5811.jpg

Hi. Me and my friend just interested how to make Environment, mountains and etc. I have some pictures and video. There is some lesson how to make it ?

37533c900dff.jpg

acf77ebe1c0c.jpg

8b3a10e1f269.jpg

c6ada02e52f5.jpg

I watch this video, but environment result is not so real.

It's possible to make environment close to reality ?

Lee Knight
Kennett Ylitalo

First, thanks for help. I fined some 'Zaxxon method' topics and i think it's hard to me. Lot of scripts and stuff. I think, it's take me lot of time to understand his method full ( if i understand ). Going to search some easy way.

P. S. It's possible to convert my track in rF 2 ? It's hard work ? What i need for this ?

Our first problem is to do terrain. I search in google and find this program only. Continue to search.

For rF2 conversions you need 3DSMax although a beta version of 3D SimEd has just been released & I believe that can do conversion to rF2 as well...
As for the Zaxxon method of terrain building, there's also a web-site dedicated to it & there should be a link to it in the threads somewhere....
I had it bookmarked but now can't find it sorry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back