Peugeot 106 Rallye S2

Cars Peugeot 106 Rallye S2 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Motion ratio for the dampers should be around 2.5

;Damper MR = 0.378^2, 0.365^2
;Shock angle 15deg = x 0.96592583

Is what I came up with measuring from pics then sanitizing with some empiric measurements. I think the 0.4 that some people say is just rounded up.

EDIT: And I don't mean the motion ratio. I mean ratio of compression to extension. I know only total.

Schermata 2020-04-17 alle 02.09.45.png

@Avo77 As an owner you must know, how exactly is droop distance and ride height adjusted in these? It's from the torsion bar, right. Seeing as we assume it's just pushrod length/strut threading wind/whatever you want to abstract it as, it probably needs to be set "manually" for every tbar and height setting to truly be accurate.

So there's a decent chance the damper has nothing to do with it. I know on compression, the car has a separate bumpstop it hits, not the one on the damper. The damper will probably never bottom out with how much actual travel it has. :roflmao:

I've since alleviated that AI issue; I think. I'll check if it did it. Seems like in some cars, they hang on the limiter if they're set to shift there.

This car is amazing! But why don't you add braking pressure to setup? I'm using Gamma 1.00 and brakes lock super fast, also same goes to Mini Cooper S 1275.

This car is amazing! But why don't you add braking pressure to setup? I'm using Gamma 1.00 and brakes lock super fast, also same goes to Mini Cooper S 1275.
Setup files must be very old in both cars. I''ve already added it into the 106, I'll remember the Mini too.

I suggest more gamma. I can't drive for **** with 1.0.

Just a question: the 2nd sound inside sfx\bup folder is a bkp/old file or simply an alternative sfx?
I could almost bet money that the 2nd sound is the first KS sound replacement I had in the car in like 2018 or so and we've forgot it there. Should clear it out.

@TL98_RD

Suggestions are super annoying to me and most other people who create things. Do refrain from them in the future unless a lot of money follows your suggestion. ;)

@Kyuubeey

well, it's not my fault if the 106 rallye is mass used in hillclimb by low-budget amateur drivers
What does that have to do with the few hundred hours it would take to make those cars for free?

@FrankN2O

Yep. I think I used an Audi sound for years, when the mesh was still that one 205.

@A3DR

That's the way. We have some friends taking a look at it with more detail to see what more can be done in a reasonable time. For some reason I'm credited as "materials", it must be when I told Daniel a tip about fresnel to avoid a lighting bug on the interior. I don't actually know almost anything about texturing or materials nor did I do much at all. :rolleyes:

@Avo77 As an owner you must know, how exactly is droop distance and ride height adjusted in these? It's from the torsion bar, right. Seeing as we assume it's just pushrod length/strut threading wind/whatever you want to abstract it as, it probably needs to be set "manually" for every tbar and height setting to truly be accurate.

So there's a decent chance the damper has nothing to do with it. I know on compression, the car has a separate bumpstop it hits, not the one on the damper. The damper will probably never bottom out with how much actual travel it has. :roflmao:

The ride height can be regulated by simply disconnecting the bars and rotating them again in a new position. The suspension has no preload, thus it drops exaclty by the amount of the static deflection plus the unsprung weight divided by the stiffness of the bar reported to the wheel. In your case it should be around 70mm.

P.S.
I sold the car 14 years ago... :)

The ride height can be regulated by simply disconnecting the bars and rotating them again in a new position. The suspension has no preload, thus it drops exaclty by the amount of the static deflection plus the unsprung weight divided by the stiffness of the bar reported to the wheel. In your case it should be around 70mm.

P.S.
I sold the car 14 years ago... :)
Thanks, should be relatively easy to figure out then if there's no preload!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.2%