PC1 Pcars: A community divided

Continuation of Part 1: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/banned-for-no-reason.47384/

Its hard to believe a game has taken a community over like this. Now with legal proceedings, its kind of become a joke for simmers. I have been at this a while now and have never seen a game invoke so much negative and positive reaction. May the discussions continue :)

Ps. While i continue to support pcars, i respect RD for allowing the freedom of expression to all its members.

Yep, when someone tells the truth, they're automatically deemed a troll by those obsessed with economics as man's only noble pursuit, IOW, you want me and other critical individuals to shut up ...

What I (others too, fortunately) find most disturbing is that these latest personal attacks against you do not come from regular RD members. Nothing new, but disturbing all the same.

What's not so surprising is the "likes" by the usual suspects. :)

And a reminder, David: there are other agendas aside from "economics".

Ah, a personal crusade. And that's relevant here... how? I'm not even that surprised, you are a troll.

As a staff member that is not what you should be saying in my opinion. And if you like to label members like that then you are just as bad as some of the fanboys (read investors) that have often attempted to stir up trouble. For someone with no hidden agenda's who likes to amuse himself by reading his posts, I feel your words are not right for this forum and are out of place. But hey, who am I? Just another troll I suppose? :rolleyes:

Ah, you shouldn't dwell too much on the badge, nKPro is going to die soon, and my massive Staff powers, viz. setting up nKPro events and helping with RBR, will no longer be required, and I'll be a regular member again :)

Now that that's sorted, can any of you explain what truth David was telling when posting a link to a perfectly reasonable news item from a site he got banned from and has a grudge against? :D

EDIT:
But hey, who am I? Just another troll I suppose? :rolleyes:
I do apologize, but I don't remember your posts by heart, so can't comment much. David I remember better, from the fun times when Mr. Bell was around, and he suddenly became as timid as a kitten.

If you are on about the link that I have attached below, then David was referring to the hypocrisy of it, There is a part where the owner of VR states the following "I also want to voice my gratitude towards VirtualR’s advertisers that allow me to run this site free of in-content advertising in a neutral and unbiased way. Go check out their sites and buy their products – They’re awesome!"

And it's that part that David might have been referring to. It's quite obvious to the normal guy that VR is heavily sponsored in some ways by certain developers with lots and lots of investors.

http://www.virtualr.net/roll-on-2013-a-short-look-back-ahead

EDIT:

I do apologize, but I don't remember your posts by heart, so can't comment much. David I remember better, from the fun times when Mr. Bell was around, and he suddenly became as timid as a kitten.

Forget my posts Senad and David was probably doing what Bram had asked him to do at the time of the Bell posting troubles and that was keeping quiet to not further fan the flames. :cool:

If you are on about the link that I have attached below, then David was referring to the hypocrisy of it, There is a part where the owner of VR states the following "I also want to voice my gratitude towards VirtualR’s advertisers that allow me to run this site free of in-content advertising in a neutral and unbiased way. Go check out their sites and buy their products – They’re awesome!"

And it's that part that David might have been referring to. It's quite obvious to the normal guy that VR is heavily sponsored in some ways by certain developers with lots and lots of investors.

http://www.virtualr.net/roll-on-2013-a-short-look-back-ahead
Someone posted on the previous page, there were less pCars articles than articles about AC, and same as iRacing. AC hasn't even seen the light of day, and pCars has weekly builds. I notice an obvious sponsorship there, but I could be wrong...

But fair enough, I'll take your word for it, I don't follow games I dislike across different websites. How is that relevant, what is the point of pasting and commenting on it here? Apart from not being able to comment there, obviously, khm.

Forget my posts Senad and David was probably doing what Bram had asked him to do at the time of the Bell posting troubles and that was keeping quiet to not further fan the flames. :cool:
Except he kept posting, but with a completely changed tune and tone, was fun to watch :)

Also, he had to be asked not to fan the flames? But he was just telling the truth!

The fact is, it's you with the grudge, as I already explained to you that I was in the PM box with Ian Bell, Micas, Bram etc trying to help resolve the issue, so if you're not the troll, why are you accusing me of this again...??

FYI, I suggested to Ian to give away 100 free memberships, and he said that he'd be happy to do it , but paypal was a PITA so it was limited to 10 free memberships.

Thing is Senad, I don't care whether you like me or not, but please stop LYING about me.

The fact is, it's you with the grudge, as I already explained to you that I was in the PM box with Ian Bell, Micas, Bram etc trying to help resolve the issue, so if you're not the troll, why are you accusing me of this again...??

According to what I was told, only a handful of us were actively engaged in diffusing the situation back then. Others, even those who ought to live up to its status, did nothing but light more fires. It appears these people aren't past that, still.

Same old people (and a couple more) causing mayhem here, at NG and WMD. Best we can do is add them to an Ignore List (that is what I and others do at NG and WMD) - after all, they will not simply vanish, the investment made in pCARS makes them...er..."bold". :)

According to what I was told, only a handful of us were actively engaged in diffusing the situation back then. Others, even those who ought to live up to its status, did nothing but light more fires. It appears these people aren't past that, still.

You know what, I can actually believe that. What nasty people some can be. Money can really cause evil in some folks.

Well, these "nasty" characters are already prejudicial to simracing. Give them special status due to their investing in a dev company and they frequently create conditions for flame wars (and gratuitous bans against critics). If you paid some attention to NG, these "people" were named (flagged? :)) by a few members due to their behaviour.

On the other hand, many WMD full members I know or have talked to distance themselves from the likes of...the "nasty ones". Fortunately. :)

FYI, I suggested to Ian to give away 100 free memberships, and he said that he'd be happy to do it , but paypal was a PITA so it was limited to 10 free memberships.

Thing is Senad, I don't care whether you like me or not, but please stop LYING about me.
LOL, don't really see what exactly was a LIE there, but okay :)
You were amongst the main protagonists of the mud slinging, and when Mr. Bell showed up, you were helping to diffuse the situation. Now he's gone, you're back to the old story.

But never mind, there's still the small matter of a reasonable explanation of you posting and commenting on that article, other than you having a personal vendetta against that site.

LOL, don't really see what exactly was a LIE there, but okay :)

You keep calling me a coward, but I made the effort to help ensure that SMS would take no legal action against this site, on top of that, I also encouraged Ian Bell to overlook what was written here, and win people over by releasing a bunch of free memberships......and given the limitations of paypal, he did what he could.

Unlike the numpties at WMD, Ian was courteous and knowledgeable, as such, I had a good time chatting with him about this incident and the game itself.

You keep calling me a coward, but I made the effort to help ensure that SMS would take no legal action against this site, on top of that, I also encouraged Ian Bell to overlook what was written here, and win people over by releasing a bunch of free memberships......and given the limitations of paypal, he did what he could.

Unlike the numpties at WMD, Ian was courteous and knowledgeable, as such, I had a good time chatting with him about this incident and the game itself.
numpties at WMD?

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 127 85.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 25 16.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 16.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 45 30.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 51 34.5%