PC1 Pcars: A community divided

Continuation of Part 1: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/banned-for-no-reason.47384/

Its hard to believe a game has taken a community over like this. Now with legal proceedings, its kind of become a joke for simmers. I have been at this a while now and have never seen a game invoke so much negative and positive reaction. May the discussions continue :)

Ps. While i continue to support pcars, i respect RD for allowing the freedom of expression to all its members.

my opinion on this is it is to hard to zero in on the opinions of so many as far as there forums go.

I have about 16 years experience in race sims and rarely feel like anything i say on pcars board is really heard.

With that said I still like the way the project is heading, while maybe not 100% working on content that interested me from the original brochure I accpet that and realize I am one in a massive crowd.

The whole it is your choice to shape the game thing just for me is not even relevant just as my opinions on how the game should be made.

To be honest i've been in other game betas where i've felt my input was more important to the overall end product.

Early on and even still in Iracing it's has been worse, anything constructive criticism was deemed that you were trolling or you labeled to be against them. Which if anything most people just want to see the betterment of their hobby.

IANAL but Ian imo you've got no ground to stand on. You've made false accusations repeatedly (e.g. Banned for no reason!']saying nobody was ever banned for no reason and then someone registering to note that, yes, they were banned for no reason) -- notice those two statements are hyperlinked, you can click and within seconds see someone contradicting their own statement. Wonderful new innovation, this internet.

It's your objective opinion they were banned for a reason, but it's their objective opinion they were banned for no reason. The fact is, as the screenshot shows, the given reason was "No reason." Any court that is cursed to deal with this ridiculous farce is not likely to ignore that, or the litany of other contradictions, attacks, and inflammatory statements you and your representatives have made. You can claim Micas may not speak for you, but when he says he is one of the leading investors in Project CARS and that you, Ian Bell, like what he writes, to the rest of us reading this thread it means he speaks in his capacity as a leading investor in the project. Nobody would even know this if he hadn't made it clear over, and over, and over.

My advice is to make nice with the community, as fast as possible. At this point a lawsuit is going to drag your name irrevocably through the mud. If you have any common sense at all you'll toss Micas under the bus and do a total about face, because you're preparing for a head-to-head battle, not just with RaceDepartment, but with The Internet.

Cliff notes: The Internet doesn't lose. Even if you win an injunction against RaceDepartment, The Internet will make sure people know what happened on this forum, using pictures of your own posts. It will come back to you over, and over, and over. You can't just silence criticism anymore. If the US Government can't do it, what makes you think you can?

You've already lost me though. Never again. Not Project CARS, not anything else you ever make. I asked for a refund in the locked thread but received no confirmation. Can you please see to that? Thank you.

PS: If LevianthanPT (Senior Manager, I looked him up at WMD) hadn't trolled HardOCP's forum I likely never would have come here and joined in the discussion.
Ian has repeatedly said to pm him on the forums with a receipt of the purchase and I did this only to later find out from another ridiculous post by him that he does not even have a pm for the forums and good luck on getting a refund

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%