PC1 Pcars: A community divided

Continuation of Part 1: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/banned-for-no-reason.47384/

Its hard to believe a game has taken a community over like this. Now with legal proceedings, its kind of become a joke for simmers. I have been at this a while now and have never seen a game invoke so much negative and positive reaction. May the discussions continue :)

Ps. While i continue to support pcars, i respect RD for allowing the freedom of expression to all its members.

Graham, thats exactly what I talked about. Collins and Hamilton just criticise the same stuff that I and other members mentioned. I think Collins and Hamilton should get banned for being rude and belittling :D
They would have been sacked in the virtual office not long ago. Amazing what a bit of fame can do. It must be constructive criticism. ;)

What is the reason then?
Less oversteer and more stability?

It makes sense at least for rear-wheel drive cars to build them oversteer-ish because that's natural as any RWD car can provoke oversteer. Once you recreate real track set-ups (like for example a GT1 car with 300+ N/mm front suspension springs) they will eventually get less oversteer anyway but that's not necessarily the first part of building a cars physics.

They would have been sacked in the virtual office not long ago.
No. They express themselves in a concise manner, without a confrontational attitude, no snide remarks and no derogatory terms. That's all it takes. There are lots of similarly friendly and constructive comments, which do not have the effect of dividing the community - but they don't create the quarrels and controversy to make RD headlines... ;)

The fact that Nic and Ben bring real world racing experience to the table is a bonus, of course.

No. They express themselves in a concise manner, without a confrontational attitude, no snide remarks and no derogatory terms. That's all it takes. There are lots of similarly friendly and constructive comments, which do not have the effect of dividing the community - but they don't create the quarrels and controversy to make RD headlines... ;)

The fact that Nic and Ben bring real world racing experience to the table is a bonus, of course.

Of course, there is the difference. :rolleyes:

I have seen many express themselves in a non confrontational manner but they still got derided. Your name and fame goes a long way. To say otherwise is childish. Not that it's making a difference yet any way. One can only hope, but for now it's terrible.

Yes, they're famous and their postings will be noticed. Please observe that I'm not saying otherwise.

As for deriding, it seems like any and all positives pointed to in the project get derided too, on certain non-WMD sites.

Despite your dissatisfaction with the project and the sim, they are highly credible sources, expressing themselves precisely, productively and in a good manner, which naturally goes down well - wouldn't you agree? And BTW, people do not get "sacked" for doing so. How about seeing the positive in that :)

Despite your dissatisfaction with the project and the sim, they are highly credible sources, expressing themselves precisely, productively and in a good manner, which naturally goes down well - wouldn't you agree? And BTW, people do not get "sacked" for doing so. How about seeing the positive in that :)

Hello Dr. I would agree you on the first part, of course I would. But I know for a fact that Mr Bell has stated on a few occasions that he see's the WMD Forum and it's members as a virtual office and they are his employee's and that if they upset the system they will get sacked. Quite a few have been. Fact. Remember, they were investors and now they are consultants paying for the priveledge of testing and advising on the build. All consultants can be given their marching orders if they don't contribute in a good manner.

I have been in defense of pcars since it first opened up 14 months ago. I have the patience to wait until the final release to make up my mind but if anyone truly likes how it drives with a wheel, than i doubt your experience with sims. People within the sim community may differ on whether they like rfactor or race 07 better, but at least you can load either one up and point the car around the track. I have a hard time with pcars in its current state because it just feels weird. The cars feel like they have this amazing grip level but when you try to thrash on them they behave strangely. Im sure they are getting some great input from these drivers they hired but if it doesnt feel right to the wheel users, they wont drive it. Ill definitely have it in my library but only time can tell if it will actually get used or sit on my hard drive getting no use. I love the content and all the graphical goodness and im hoping to love the driving too :)

I agree that this tread is ridiculous.

You should not believe everything you read about the SMS/WMD/pCARS here in the RD pCARS sub forum though. This sub forum is mostly very anti SMS/WMD/pCARS, with some people falling over themselves to attempt discrediting the community all the time.

The actual WMD community is great. It's a bunch of good people and sim enthusiasts, from all other sim communities, having a blast with being in on the development and testing. :)

DrJustice You should really stop generalizing and disqualify an entire subforum only because of the opinion of a handful of people that have posted in these threads that you don't and didn't agree with.

If you don't like this part of the community, simply don't read it or even better go to a place where you like it and enjoy it there.

Well, there has been quite a bit of generalizing and disqualifying WMD and individual WMD members here. Far worse things than that have been said around here, and when readers are left with a reaction like Miroslavs, a bit of counterweight is in order. On the brighter side, I note that the worst seem to have subsided by now.

I take an interest in all things WMD/pCARS, so I'll keep on reading this bastion of free speech.

Just to be clear here.
I believe you that there is a great community of great devs and sim enthusiasts.

I was mostly shocked by the words of Mr Bell.
This way of marketing I do not support nor this way of threatening.
After collecting more info about all this I was able to build up my own opinion, that's all.

Oh no.. I'll post every so often (but not often). I keep an eye on things to better prepare the massive gloat bomb that I'll be dropping here at some point.

You are right though, I do love it here. I try not to stare at train wrecks too, but I'm only human.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.