PC1 Pcars: A community divided

Continuation of Part 1: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/banned-for-no-reason.47384/

Its hard to believe a game has taken a community over like this. Now with legal proceedings, its kind of become a joke for simmers. I have been at this a while now and have never seen a game invoke so much negative and positive reaction. May the discussions continue :)

Ps. While i continue to support pcars, i respect RD for allowing the freedom of expression to all its members.

Pcars feels like a video game with some sim qualities and feelings here and there, it doesnt come anywhere near the same universe of rfactor2 when it comes to handling behaviour, the way the car moves around, the tyre skipping on the surface, how the car changes it's behavior based on your inputs, etc.

Sure the "feel" may be improving regarding the ffb, but the actual car dynamics themselves are still garbage (relatively speaking of course), and feel like a sort of sim inspired video game, rather than a true simulation.

pCARS membership upgrades have been suspended on request by Financial Services Authority. Apparently FSA wants to make sure pCARS financing is not an unauthorised investment scheme. Probably someone has alerted FSA, seems unlikely they would take notice otherwise. Companies collecting money from the public is normally highly regulated activity, it seemed a bit odd that regulation could be so easily circumvented (for example by repeating "this is not an investment" in terms and conditions). Interesting to see what FSA concludes.

Good thing they have lawyers.

(ah, it'll never get old)

On a non-jocose note, well, some people have given them thousands of dollars. I would think they expect something in return, other than a free copy of the game?
Still, kinda sad someone reported that.

I know, right? You only need to look at the first 6 pages of VirtualR right now to see how saturated it is with pCARS articles. I counted all the "official news" articles (i.e. from the developer and not mod announcements or releases) and the bias clearly shows:

Project CARS: 7 articles
Assetto Corsa: 9 articles
iRacing: 7 articles
rFactor 2: 6 articles
RaceRoom Racing Experience: 2 articles
Formula Truck: 3 articles

Oh wait.

Montoya works for SMS and can never be objective.
VR always announces the SRT reviews except the negative TDU Ferrari legends by SMS.
His moderator is a pitbull who jumps on any negative comment. A mod needs to be neutral and not act like a fanboy.

Same for Nogrip with there special pcars rules.

The best place for news is here, it's faster and the news here is real news.

^ I don't see anything wrong either, but the reason for linking is obvious: as always, if there's even the slightest hope that something can be used against SMS/WMD/pCARS, "the guys" will be all over it. After all, this sub-forum is the place dedicated to dissing and belittling the project and dividing the community :thumbsup:

I honestly don't see anything wrong with the linked article, or a reason for linking it for that matter. But you guys enjoy yourselves :thumbsup:

Maybe because I was banned twice and by all accounts remain one of the few people ever permanently banned....I was even the subject of abuse and profanity, yet the unbiased moderator took no action against those violators.
My crime was to attempt a discussion regarding pcars physics etc, and I made the mistake of refusing to back down from ghetto talkers with a vested interest.

^ You were being a complete nuisance, posting the same non-points over and over all the time in every damn thread ("pCARS is arcade", "I'm just telling the truth."). I.e. you were trolling as much as you possibly could, and being a consistent troll naturally leads to reactions, from members being fed up to mods banning you. As you sow... :rolleyes:

Maybe because I was banned twice and by all accounts remain one of the few people ever permanently banned....I was even the subject of abuse and profanity, yet the unbiased moderator took no action against those violators.
My crime was to attempt a discussion regarding pcars physics etc, and I made the mistake of refusing to back down from ghetto talkers with a vested interest.
Ah, a personal crusade. And that's relevant here... how? I'm not even that surprised, you are a troll.

We've warned you before, we want discussions instead of accusations and insults. 7 day suspension.
pCARS membership upgrades have been suspended on request by Financial Services Authority. Apparently FSA wants to make sure pCARS financing is not an unauthorised investment scheme. Probably someone has alerted FSA, seems unlikely they would take notice otherwise. Companies collecting money from the public is normally highly regulated activity, it seemed a bit odd that regulation could be so easily circumvented (for example by repeating "this is not an investment" in terms and conditions). Interesting to see what FSA concludes.
Good I hope that Ian will go to prison after he took money from me and than returned it without my permission and without any promised profit.

Hue Hue Hue. Maybe he will have money for next Ferrari.

Good I hope that Ian will go to prison after he took money from me and than returned it without my permission and without any promised profit.

Hue Hue Hue. Maybe he will have money for next Ferrari.

Although you don't have to agree with everything that's going on there you don't have to insult Ian and the WMD members either. Warned.

Wasn't that clear enough? If you have a legal issue with them, contact your lawyer. I've also removed the picture of Ian you had attached to your post.

Since I had warned you not even a week ago you'll now have one week to think about it, sorry.

Tom

Ah, a personal crusade. And that's relevant here... how? I'm not even that surprised, you are a troll.

Yep, when someone tells the truth, they're automatically deemed a troll by those obsessed with economics as man's only noble pursuit, IOW, you want me and other critical individuals to shut up and let the money flow, but the quality or inherent value of any given product seems irrelevant.

Yep, when someone tells the truth, they're automatically deemed a troll by those obsessed with economics as man's only noble pursuit, IOW, you want me and other critical individuals to shut up and let the money flow, but the quality or inherent value of any given product seems irrelevant.
The game is not going in the direction you'd like it to go, so, naturally, you get involved in every thread on it, on multiple sites, and repeat the same couple of phrases you cobbled together. You also have a tendency to derail normal threads. God only knows why you linked to that article above, other than a personal grudge. In a nutshell, a troll. Sad.

NB, I have zero interest in this game, so no hidden agendas I'm afraid. I just like to amuse myself by reading posts from the likes of you.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 128 85.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 25 16.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 16.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 45 30.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 51 34.2%