PC2 PC 2 Physics

Please i have watched some youtube videos , graphics are impresive (betther than PC: amazing work), BUT the real question is HOW ABOUT the physics??, and actually to which actual game it could be compared in term of physics?

Thank you guys.

Watched a few vids, one thing that bugs me is the same tyre screeching sound every corner .. Not something i notice alot with other sims or real life

Ive seen the same but that is down to the person playing the sim more than the sim it self.

Jimmy Broadbent's vid is worth a watch as i believe he is running with 106% AI and doing well with out the tire's screeching on every corner.

mod-edit: Project CARS 2 videos go into the PCARS 2 RaceTube folder here http://www.racedepartment.com/media/albums/project-cars-2.76/

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive seen the same but that is down to the person playing the sim more than the sim it self.

Jimmy Broadbent's vid is worth a watch as i believe he is running with 106% AI and doing well with out the tire's screeching on every corner.

Yeah think soo too, checked for more vids and saw jimmys vid with no tire screeching. I guess its more prominent in road cars as you would expect...Watched a few real live Caterham vids @ brands and pcars2 ...sounds far apart .

Seen some shocking footage of the flickering shadows, this will be a bone of contention which no doubt will see some sections of the PCars loyalists telling people they should of got a PC...or a better PC...
I think this game will be as divisive as first one. Even the guy they paid off so openly, Pretendracecars, is sort of not that happy in his review... and they paid him off!

2 Questions:
So there is no matchmaking system like iracing with set dates and calender, only ratings you can adjust for the server?

Can server host set a ping limit for the joining players?

yep on PS4 and XBOX it is pretty noticable
Of course, they got the game running at 60 fps, so it's going to take a hit somewhere. I guess they're used to aliasing and artifacting on consoles? I got into sim racing with Race Pro, so this is looking pretty good actually.

I hope I don't have to lower the settings that much on my RX 580. It was horrible in the first game.

Seen some shocking footage of the flickering shadows, this will be a bone of contention which no doubt will see some sections of the PCars loyalists telling people they should of got a PC...or a better PC...
I think this game will be as divisive as first one. Even the guy they paid off so openly, Pretendracecars, is sort of not that happy in his review... and they paid him off!

They've said the flickering shadows is mostly relegated to replays, it's not really present during gameplay. If you watch Mr. Broadbent's "Driving a Legend" video there's pretty much no flickering or major graphical glitches, at least not that I could see. And other than the first turn on the first lap the AI looks pretty good too.

They've said the flickering shadows is mostly relegated to replays, it's not really present during gameplay. If you watch Mr. Broadbent's "Driving a Legend" video there's pretty much no flickering or major graphical glitches, at least not that I could see. And other than the first turn on the first lap the AI looks pretty good too.

To be fair, the flickering is on the consoles not so much the PC version which I believe is what Jimmy is using.

With all due respect i remember you said that Assetto Corsa on consoles didn't have a screen tearing problem...then it released and the screen tearing was then patched away with an acceptance from kunos that it was an issue...
The money that SMS made from PCars 1 should of enabled them to not release a game with rubbish looking replays with same flickering shadows as the first game.... basically they are selling back PCars 1 but with Rally X and the chance to drive in the snow....great.

I also notice the AI cars seem to not move fluidly round corners, its hard to explain but easy to see on youtube, I think so much so its an issue that again will get a patch... this game like PCars 1 will look and play very different in 2 months time.

With all due respect i remember you said that Assetto Corsa on consoles didn't have a screen tearing problem...then it released and the screen tearing was then patched away with an acceptance from kunos that it was an issue...
The money that SMS made from PCars 1 should of enabled them to not release a game with rubbish looking replays with same flickering shadows as the first game.... basically they are selling back PCars 1 but with Rally X and the chance to drive in the snow....great.

I also notice the AI cars seem to not move fluidly round corners, its hard to explain but easy to see on youtube, I think so much so its an issue that again will get a patch... this game like PCars 1 will look and play very different in 2 months time.

I'm just repeating what Ian Bell said, he admitted it's a flaw in their engine and since they didn't rebuild the engine from scratch it's still there and they can't get rid of it but they have improved it. I'm watching Jimmy Broadbent and GamerMuscle stream an online session right now and they're both very pleased with it and say it's massively improved over the first one. They're on PC of course, Digital Foundary said it runs well on PS4 (better on Pro), XBox still suffers a bit but both are a big improvement over PCars 1.

The flickering shadows are an engine problem and could also be seen in PCARS1 on PC when you had certain antialiasing settings. Increasing the AA settings or just changing the method of AA completely got rid of them, but I have no idea how easy that is on the consoles, as so many options are baked into a console release with little room for options.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back