PC2 PC 2 Physics

Please i have watched some youtube videos , graphics are impresive (betther than PC: amazing work), BUT the real question is HOW ABOUT the physics??, and actually to which actual game it could be compared in term of physics?

Thank you guys.

Hmm I always though being sim has something to do with realism not with being easy or hard :)

Same here but i feel some people seem to want difficulty equal to that of a full loaded pmdg Boeing on one of the flight sims.

I do feel that the press release of pCars 2 should of been updated to a newer build as some of the negative comments are based around that build version from what i have seen even though things have been fixed in later builds so lets hope they give out review version to those who got the press release.

In fact what made be think that pcars 1 is a bit "arcade" is that it drives really well with my Xbox controller as long as I have a few assists enabled. Shut them all off and go with a cheap G27 wheel it starts to feel a bit like driving in the rain.
I tried a lot, I had much fun with this game, no regrets at all! And the timings, the physics it self look really nailed but somehow it doesn't feel right.
AC on the other hand doesn't always look realistically but it feels like the real cars I have driven. I did some ADAC limit training so I know at least how a MB c class feels when the rear snaps, the car understeers etc.

I really hope that they got it right in pcars 2! The new drift elements should make sure of it.

I can't drift at all in pcars 1 while I can hold nice slides in AC or AMS.

I'll buy it on day 1 and if it feels right, I'm happy. If not, refund. Nothing to lose, only to win! :)

I dont have enough hours in sim racing to start drifting or control slides correctly, i have enough issues getting round the tracks with ai but i am looking forward to my first online race some time soon :)

Does anyone know if there is a full list of the pro drivers they had helping them as i know there is Ben Collins and a pro drifter ( i cant remember his name sry ) but i know there is more.

That list would be quite interesting for me too! :)

I totally understand that! I'm driving my real car almost every day and got a Thrustmaster wheel (all plastic, only 180° rotation, but nice FFB) from my dad to my 8th birthday. That's a looong time with Grand Prix 3, Need for Speeds, Rally etc.
I never attempted to get really fast nor was I really into motorsports. This only changed two years ago (25 now) when my Thrustmaster broke down and I got hyped by pCars 1, bought a G27 and it all changed.

So I host Assetto Corsa events on a weekly basis and I will try to get a grip on pCars 2 when it's out and maybe host something there too.
Feel free to ask my anything about taking part in that. If you go premium you can take part in ALL club racing here, almost every game :) Also there is a little "driver academy" to get you started every now and then.

Not advertising, just a friendly invitation. I'm just a driver like everyone else but I took the responsibility to give something back and got Staff :)

Same here but i feel some people seem to want difficulty equal to that of a full loaded pmdg Boeing on one of the flight sims.

I do feel that the press release of pCars 2 should of been updated to a newer build as some of the negative comments are based around that build version from what i have seen even though things have been fixed in later builds so lets hope they give out review version to those who got the press release.
well if car is easy to drive in real life it should be easy in sim, if it is hard should be hard as well .. simple lack of feel makes sims already harder ...

well if car is easy to drive in real life it should be easy in sim, if it is hard should be hard as well .. simple lack of feel makes sims already harder ...
YES, absolutely!
When I watched the Nordschleife 24h race this year at some point a driver got asked if the cars would be "hard to drive" and he said: no? Why should they? They have endless grip, big fat tires with rubber that glues on the tarmac! If the question would be "are these cars are difficult to drive at the absolute limit over a few hours?": yes, but that's just because it's hard work and of course the limit is not as wide as with a road car, but until you reach that limit it's way easier to drive than most cars".

That's not a complete quote, more hear-say from me!
But that showed me that something's wrong with pcars1 because when go just go for a slow cruise with the BMW Z4 GT3 you need to be careful not to spin. That's breaking the immersion for me completely!
What's interesting though is when you just go for a full blast you lose the car very often but can almost catch it every time. I like that you can catch it!
In Assetto Corsa though if you really go over the limit the car is just gone...

In the end both are not perfect in my opinion. What's more realistic? I have no idea!

I really hope pcars 2 will have a grippier feeling but the same nice tyre simulation. So basically the feeling of AC with the tyre physics of pcars 1.

Sorry for the constant comparison with AC. I usually don't like these endless comparisons between these two but when it comes to feeling of the wheel it's needed I think. And they are the games I spent most of my time with! AMS btw is kind of the perfect merge of everything but it lost it's appeal for me for my main sim. Don't know why though...

I dont think there is any need to say sorry as in AC you can ( well i can ) feel the tire grip based on tire pressure and temps, to much pressure or temps in the tires and the same car does not feel grippy and to little pressure its the same but that is down to AC sending the good stuff to my ffb wheel :)

pCars 1 i didnt really have that same feeling which could be down to bad ffb settings as the ffb set up in that is overly complex but i understand they made the ffb settings in pCars 2 a lot better to use.

I cant really comment on the physics to much as im not a physics expert or a real world racing driver so i have to go on what others say and what real world racing drivers say and also the way i feel the physics should be at the point of my ffb wheel.

If they really have nailed tire physics in pCars 2 from the data they got from Pirelli then i say good on them but the bottom line for me is if all the real world experts are saying they got it right and all the arm chair physics experts are saying they got it wrong who are you going to believe as it really does boil down to that choice if you are thinking of buying pCars 2 and you are a sim racer. Paid endorsements are excluded from the list of people i listen to.

These are awesome videos guys! Thanks for sharing! :)
I didn't say it wouldn't be possible, I just stated that I can't do it, while I find it quite intuitive in other Sims. I only did some drifts with my old c-class in winter. But that was quite easy and controllable too. :p

Please i have watched some youtube videos , graphics are impresive (betther than PC: amazing work), BUT the real question is HOW ABOUT the physics??, and actually to which actual game it could be compared in term of physics?

Thank you guys.

From what I have seen and read so far its the same old same old....LOD and shadows are shockingly badly done. Having had to play pCars with shadows off to stop migraines and eye strain because of this...it's one title I will be giving a miss on until the devs work out how to write code that implements these things properly.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%