PC2 Youtube footage

With all the great graphical detail sms provide i am surprised they havent added the digital number boards to side/rear windows that alot of series use. Especially good for spectating info and look amazing during evening/night races.

Is this footage from your league with you driving in it.....or just random youtube footage?
Can you confirm or @Ian Bell
With the new track tech can debris be brought onto track when going off track and does it effect tire grip?
Ex. Dirt/grass/marbel pick up effect grip
Ive asked a few times but never been given a confirmed answer.

Cheers

That's not me, but WMD2 members doing multiplayer testing. That group held regular races and test sessions during the project.

Early in the development, yes this was in place. However, I believe the graphical side of it was disabled but the physics side is still there. The graphical side was only in place for sand/gravel and was likely disabled as handling mud and the other terrain types was probably a little much to tackle at this point. The sand/gravel did work while it was implemented.

There as a dev video showing the debug rendering of the debris being brought onto the track. I had asked if that video could be shared as I thought it was a great video for showing off the capabilities. I'll ask again.

It does affect the grip but it's not a lot. To be honest, in real life it's not that much. When a car goes off and I'm coming through in my car, I'll just back off a little but it's not typically too bad. Worse things are fluids from other cars in real life....

Watching all those videos showing wet races with the AI, are they affected by puddles similiar to the player - do they aquaplane when driving through puddles?

Not related to the video footage (which looks incredible!), but what keeps me from pre-ordering atm is the system requirements for pc2 in steam: It says for OS only some versions of Windows 7 and Win 10. Does that mean, it won't run on Win 8.1?

Watching all those videos showing wet races with the AI, are they affected by puddles similiar to the player - do they aquaplane when driving through puddles?

They are affected. Not exactly like the player, but they are affected.

Not related to the video footage (which looks incredible!), but what keeps me from pre-ordering atm is the system requirements for pc2 in steam: It says for OS only some versions of Windows 7 and Win 10. Does that mean, it won't run on Win 8.1?

It will run on Windows 8/8.1.

IIRC, you can only choose classes which the AI will be allowed to use and it is not possible to select or exclude cars of a class. So if I set up a Indycar race and I want to race against both the dallara-hondas and the dallara-chevis, will the oval-versions be in the race as well?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 443 39.6%