PC2 PC 2 Physics

Please i have watched some youtube videos , graphics are impresive (betther than PC: amazing work), BUT the real question is HOW ABOUT the physics??, and actually to which actual game it could be compared in term of physics?

Thank you guys.

Why compare it with other games when you could compare it with how cars behave in reality?
ok cool, and the answer ? they behave like reality?.

But I want to compare to the actual games cuz is the actual level of simracing development , in actual times with the technology we have, of course i will also want that the cars behave exactly as the reals ones...but we know that this is not totally true by now...

Then, in comparison with the actual games, how do you think PC2 is located?

I am sincerely interested in their physics, may be it will b the most complete sim...but all depends of the physics.

ok cool, and the answer ? they behave like reality?.

But I want to compare to the actual games cuz is the actual level of simracing development , in actual times with the technology we have, of course i will also want that the cars behave exactly as the reals ones...but we know that this is not totally true by now...

Then, in comparison with the actual games, how do you think PC2 is located?

I am sincerely interested in their physics, may be it will b the most complete sim...but all depends of the physics.

If you are a PC user (which I assume you are), I would suggest just using the Steam "2 hours of evaluation" when it's released. Many people can tell you that it's great, but you may not like it yourself (and then just call them liars or fanboys).

Sim racing is very subjective. If you are a PC user, you'll have the option to try it. I would suggest using it to see for yourself.

If you are a PC user (which I assume you are), I would suggest just using the Steam "2 hours of evaluation" when it's released. Many people can tell you that it's great, but you may not like it yourself (and then just call them liars or fanboys).

Sim racing is very subjective. If you are a PC user, you'll have the option to try it. I would suggest using it to see for yourself.
thank you kyle, i didnt know it, i will try it.
Project CARS 2 Game Director, Stephen Viljoen speaks directly on the subject......
Thank you Eric, so interesting the vid, but he has interests involved,.....i prefer independent gamer opinions that have tryed the sim, cuz i dont have the beta.

In several videos i observed the AI are far from impressive when on green you can pass nearly half the field before T1 plus appear to be too easy in overtakes. AI behave like their strength is on a low setting which i'am hoping is the case!

Last edited:
In several videos i observed the AI are far from impressive when on green you can pass nearly half the field before T1 plus appear to be too easy in overtakes. AI behave like their strength is on a low setting which i'am hoping is the case!

Can you show me a sim where this isn't true? I've yet to find a single game where you can't easily pass the AI right at the start or at the very least the first few corners.

The fact is that it's extremely difficult to create AI that doesn't bunch up at the start and makes intelligent passes and defensive driving. This is why there's hardly any sim where the AI can actually outdrive you at the start, unless you set them to have some unrealistic benefits (like in the ISI simulators when you go over 100% difficulty, which is what most people drive against the AI).

Press versions of PC2 went out this week to a number of sim racing sites. I watched two videos today.... Gamermuscle seems to think that PC2 has a real sim handling feel but maybe not quite as good as the best. Still a big improvement frim PC1 according to him. Another youtube sim site said it was more of a racing game than a sim but better than PC1. He provided no real reason for why he said that though but did mention it was still too planted.

Inconclusive but sounding good if you like Gamermuscle's perspectives. I am sure other videos will be out soon.

Press versions of PC2 went out this week to a number of sim racing sites. I watched two videos today.... Gamermuscle seems to think that PC2 has a real sim handling feel but maybe not quite as good as the best. Still a big improvement frim PC1 according to him. Another youtube sim site said it was more of a racing game than a sim but better than PC1. He provided no real reason for why he said that though but did mention it was still too planted.

Inconclusive but sounding good if you like Gamermuscle's perspectives. I am sure other videos will be out soon.
SimRacingPaddock is streaming it a bit on YouTube. Doesn't look great, probably needs user tinkering again.

ohh yeah thank you, good news for the ears! :p

SimRacingPaddock is streaming it a bit on YouTube. Doesn't look great, probably needs user tinkering again.
thing is that press version is almost two months old and there were changes made to how cars behave, how stable they are, default setups are still being made and in press version they are often made to be planted and easy to control with gamepads ...
I cant understand why they wouldnt provide accual version to guys that will share their opinion on YT and other media .. this is not really good press for them ...

Its better to watch vids from guys that have access to current version and read discussion under those vids if you want more valid informations ..

Its better to watch vids from guys that have access to current version and read discussion under those vids if you want more valid informations ..
I agree it's better to watch the newer vids, I'm just commenting coz I thought this last bit made me chuckle. When I want vaild discussion Youtube comments are usually the last place I'd think to look. It's more toxic than Chernobyl there at times.

I agree it's better to watch the newer vids, I'm just commenting coz I thought this last bit made me chuckle. When I want vaild discussion Youtube comments are usually the last place I'd think to look. It's more toxic than Chernobyl there at times.
yep YT comments are not that best .. but there are people asking that Youtuber how it handless and if it has this and that feature .. so if you filter those comments and if you know that YT person you can get some info ..

For example if dude that plays AC for years and who won AC league in certain car make video in pC2 in that car and when asked if he can compare it to AC you can get probably solid info about that car handeling. (btw he prefered pC2 version as it was more lively and less planted :) ) ..

thing is that press version is almost two months old and there were changes made to how cars behave, how stable they are, default setups are still being made and in press version they are often made to be planted and easy to control with gamepads ...
I cant understand why they wouldnt provide accual version to guys that will share their opinion on YT and other media .. this is not really good press for them ...

Yes, he said so on the next stream. Weird.

I've seen both good and bad stuff so far, from YouTubers, insiders and even the devs. I'll have to wait and see if the stuff I'm interested in works more often than not. Looks like they're scrambling to get everything working right.

I appreciate their ambition, but if half of it is broken, what's the point?

well we are kind of used to fixes and patch year after release with AC or other sims ... so why don`t give same threating to pC2 ... i`m not expecting perfect release ... question is how much will be fixed :) we will see .. there is no limitation for how many times you can refund it :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back