Pagani Huayra

I can't put my finger on it as only done around 10 laps or so as been a little busy, To me it feels like you can feel the sidewall flex more etc.

Funny thing, i only tested the new build for 30 minutes or so but i get the same feelings, better FFB , better feeling of the tires... weird :)

I quote myself:
My impressions :
The Huayra is awesome, really nice car.
I think somehow the FFB is more detailed?
I can now catch slides all the time, where previously i didn't.

The Huayra has officially replaced the McL GT3 as my favourite car in AC.
Spat my tea out when I realised I was 1sec faster around Imola than the GT3!

As long as myself and @Jan-Olov Johansson can knock Huayra wheels together on track together at some point in the (not too distant) future, I will be happy

Imagine spanking the Huay side by side through Eau Rouge and then finding out who will brake first at the end of the Kemmel Straight... ;):D

It has a lot of body roll (or should i say suspension movement, it also pitches a lot) for car that fast.
In a car that reaches 300+ easily these things are magnified.

If you watch Huyara videos you can see it moves a lot more than Mclarens, Ferraris, Lambos and Porsches (GT3 and over), it has something of a soft suspension for such a monster.
None of those cars are as fast as this one. Only cars faster than this it looks like for road cars are the 918, and P1. The La Ferrari isn't out yet so we don't know and the new Koenigsegg Agera R. It's more than likely in the same class of speed.

So what I'm saying is with that much torque going to two wheels it's not going be easy to drive. It's not your everyday sedan. although since it is softer and can take that bump at the start/ finishline at Imola, it's going to roll a little bit. The original Zonda from what I've saw in videos rolled. But the R version is very stiff.

The Huayra has officially replaced the McL GT3 as my favourite car in AC.
Spat my tea out when I realised I was 1sec faster around Imola than the GT3!
Only with the cheater tires, tray that with semis, Huayra gets spanked badly by GT3 as it should.

And same story will be with the P1 and LaFerrari (with road legal tires), GT3 will eat them for breakfast on the race track.

I agree, any car with that much power going to 2 wheels is going to be a handful. The throttle has to be managed very carefully - both on and off as the effect it has on steering (under-steer / over-steer) is quite dramatic. That is one area where having more precise controllers may be beneficial. It may allow for finer control inputs and that difference may help explain why the car is more challenging for some. I don't think it's that hard to drive but, I do get into trouble with it more than other cars when I push it hard.

Imagine spanking the Huay side by side through Eau Rouge and then finding out who will brake first at the end of the Kemmel Straight... ;):D

I will brake first, and make the turn.
You will rejoin the track just after Les Combes :D

(You know that KFC is true!!) Haha! :D

That is one area where having more precise controllers may be beneficial. It may allow for finer control inputs and that difference may help explain why the car is more challenging for some....

I believe an X360 controller is all you need to pull in WRs in any car :D

Only with the cheater tires, tray that with semis, Huayra gets spanked badly by GT3 as it should.

And same story will be with the P1 and LaFerrari (with road legal tires), GT3 will eat them for breakfast on the race track.

If there are better tyres available, why not run them?

Are these TG tyres officially rated 'cheater' tyres by the community now? If they are I will go back to the semis.

Are these TG tyres officially rated 'cheater' tyres by the community now? If they are I will go back to the semis.
I haven't even tried the "Cheater" tires yet.
I will brake first, and make the turn.
You will rejoin the track just after Les Combes :D

(You know that KFC is true!!) Haha! :D

I believe an X360 controller is all you need to pull in WRs in any car :D

Yes, I suppose that's true but, the inputs are also getting filtered in a way that makes it work. I guess one can also do that with wheels too, if desired.

BTW, how's the FFB work on that X360 controller? :p:)

Last edited:

Pagani themselves later admitted that they cheated for the Top gear lap, by using non street legal cut slicks form Zonda R, which is against TG production car leaderboard rules.
You can use those tires if you like, I just personally don't like them, because I like to get sideways everywhere if possible and semis is way better for that task :D + the car in general is more challenging to drive with less gripping tires:)

Tires are tires in my opinion. Their are better ones and not as great ones. The first question anyone asks after a car review is how would it of done on slicks. I found that I did fairly good with my time on the semi slicks compared to others.

I wouldn't label them cheaters just gripper tires. If they had infinite grip and no wear, then they world be cheaters. Same as running the super soft vs. The hard compound on the McLaren MP4-12C GT3. It's just a faster tire.

Certainly i was having great fun in this car before i even knew there were TG tyres.
Assumed the others would be street, so i stuck with the semi slicks and never investigated the other options.

It was only when i noticed a mate (who is normally around my times) was 7 secs faster around Nurb.
I knew for a fact i wasnt stopping off for ice cream mid-lap, and he doesnt use a x360 controller, so thats when i figured there was something else giving those times :)

You do know that we are driving on race tracks, not public roads ? So why should we not use the best option available as we all try to go faster with what the game offer us?
I find the whole thing about cheater tires a bit silly tbh, but some are happier when there is as little grip as possible so everybody should use what they are happy with.

On a bit of an off note from the tires- Is it just me or are the Huayra AI very well behaved compared to most other cars in AC?

I've been doing races all day from 4 laps to 10 laps with AI strength at 100%, and only got shunted once, and I'm pretty sure it was in part my fault. The more I drive it, the more I'm starting to like this car.

Imagine racing these cars with the semi's, with the track rubbering technology enabled. After say 20 laps, you will be going down the straight thinking, my tires are melting, but the track is rubbered so i will break at 300m mark, or 250? , 200? Should i break REALLY hard since i have this tyre flat spot on my left tire.... hmmm. Add some other people hunting you down in multi and this is going to be heart stopping :D .But i dont think you will have much time to think because of the warp speed this car is going with :D

Imagine racing these cars with the semi's, with the track rubbering technology enabled. After say 20 laps, you will be going down the straight thinking, my tires are melting, but the track is rubbered so i will break at 300m mark, or 250? , 200? Should i break REALLY hard since i have this tyre flat spot on my left tire.... hmmm. Add some other people hunting you down in multi and this is going to be heart stopping :D .But i dont think you will have much time to think because of the warp speed this car is going with :D

200m of course!
Although i have heard that isnt the sort of racing people want, it sounds pretty juicy to me! :D

Mmmmmm, i'm drooling just thinking about it :D

Playing around with some different setups and have found that adding some toe-in to the front end really helps with stability under heavy braking. I've also added more camber and reduced tire pressure to the front end and the car is a dream to drive. After about 10 laps at Mugello I've nailed using the throttle to coax the car around corners and love it. Look forward to pitting this against the La Ferrari and the P1!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back