Pagani Huayra

I can't put my finger on it as only done around 10 laps or so as been a little busy, To me it feels like you can feel the sidewall flex more etc.

Funny thing, i only tested the new build for 30 minutes or so but i get the same feelings, better FFB , better feeling of the tires... weird :)

I quote myself:
My impressions :
The Huayra is awesome, really nice car.
I think somehow the FFB is more detailed?
I can now catch slides all the time, where previously i didn't.

None of those cars are as fast as this one. Only cars faster than this it looks like for road cars are the 918, and P1. The La Ferrari isn't out yet so we don't know and the new Koenigsegg Agera R. It's more than likely in the same class of speed.

So what I'm saying is with that much torque going to two wheels it's not going be easy to drive. It's not your everyday sedan. although since it is softer and can take that bump at the start/ finishline at Imola, it's going to roll a little bit. The original Zonda from what I've saw in videos rolled. But the R version is very stiff.

First, i would like to clarify that this is not a "Kunos failed with this car" just discussing the particularities of this car.

I didn't say the 12C, GT3 or the 458 are as fast, though they sure are closer than a Z4, i said they feel stiffer (i would expect the P1 to be stiffer as well).

The thing about the Huayra is when you are braking for T1 at Nurb you have to be very gradual with how you "introduce" your braking, if you stomp it all the weight goes to the front and you are in deeeep trouble,
This of course happens on quick changes of direction as well.

What i'm trying to say is that the body roll is what makes this car a bit "temperamental", it has grip, it definitely can take corners at very high speeds, but if you drive a little too agressively... poof... this grip dissapears.
Stiffer cars provide a more predictable, stable platform in this instance.

Other than that i can drive it, i don't find it hard at all, i just had to adapt to it's nature.

Can't wait for the Huayra R :p

@ Leonardo,

Add 3 more ticks of toe-in to the front end of the Huayra and you can stomp on the brakes as hard as you like. Also drop the tire pressure on the front end by 3 lbs and add 4 more ticks of negative camber and you can throw this car around the track all day long (or at least until you run out of fuel).

Hope this helps.

@ Leonardo,

Add 3 more ticks of toe-in to the front end of the Huayra and you can stomp on the brakes as hard as you like. Also drop the tire pressure on the front end by 3 lbs and add 4 more ticks of negative camber and you can throw this car around the track all day long (or at least until you run out of fuel).

Hope this helps.

Before you even said anything, i went with toe in at the rear and it did minimize the rear movement under braking, though it made the rear breaking traction on the exits a bit more extreme.

Again, it's a great car and i enjoy it (not as much as the Zonda R though) it just has some quirky characteristics... mainly because it's a road car not a race car, it's not even the extreme version (i'm sure there's gonna be an R version coming in the future).

You're like took all the pieces out of the car and put them back while i haven't yet made the maiden lap :D

Nice info's

I think it's a shame this car has no road tyres available like the other supercars - it makes powersliding and drifting much more difficult and less impressive. It is a road car after all, surely it should have road tyres available?

Sorry for post in this topic, but someone know the name of this track ?

2FFB45B0F675F09C4EA0ED0ADE42D31F98D0B79E

Here's a lap around Imola with modified setup as follows;

Tires: Top Gear
Pressure LF: 22 lbs Pressure RF: 22 lbs
Pressure LR: 25 lbs Pressure RR: 25 lbs

Camber LF: -2 Camber RF: -2
Toe LF: 3 Toe RF: 3
Camber LR: -0.9 Camber RR: -0.9
Toe LR: 14 Toe RR: 14

She's still lively around the corners but very manageable.

Note that I'm driving with a keyboard so I don't have the same degree of control over throttle, braking and direction that I would have if I were driving with a proper wheel and pedal setup.

Enjoy.

Here's a lap around Imola with modified setup as follows;

Tires: Top Gear
Pressure LF: 22 lbs Pressure RF: 22 lbs
Pressure LR: 25 lbs Pressure RR: 25 lbs

Camber LF: -2 Camber RF: -2
Toe LF: 3 Toe RF: 3
Camber LR: -0.9 Camber RR: -0.9
Toe LR: 14 Toe RR: 14

She's still lively around the corners but very manageable.

Note that I'm driving with a keyboard so I don't have the same degree of control over throttle, braking and direction that I would have if I were driving with a proper wheel and pedal setup.

Enjoy.

Wow, nice one, I would probably go off in the first corner if I tried driving using a keyboard. :)

Just had the chance to try this car and wow easily my favourite street/supercar in AC... You can do things with this car which simply shouldn't be possible, crazy... And with the Top Gear tyres it is just insane, after 5 laps in Imola I did a 1:45 :ninja:

PS.: Mugello is made for this car :inlove::inlove::inlove:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years