Pagani Huayra

I can't put my finger on it as only done around 10 laps or so as been a little busy, To me it feels like you can feel the sidewall flex more etc.

Funny thing, i only tested the new build for 30 minutes or so but i get the same feelings, better FFB , better feeling of the tires... weird :)

I quote myself:
My impressions :
The Huayra is awesome, really nice car.
I think somehow the FFB is more detailed?
I can now catch slides all the time, where previously i didn't.

I think if you drove the real thing you wouldn't say the brakes are poor and that the car understeers. It's really the perception and lack of feel you have sitting in front of a screen...

If you go 130kph on a highway in a real car it seems reasonalby fast...Imagine cornering a medium tight corner at that speed.

The Huayrararyara felt really good after a few laps to get to know it, at the start I felt it understeering too but it was prob a combination of a car I don't know with cold tires.
But after just having messed about with it for a few laps I jumped over to the MP4-12C GT3, and good lord how much better brakes that thing has!
I was breaking too early because I had adjusted to the Pagani. I dunno if there's something different about it, but it drives as good as ever and wohaa what a car it is!

The Huayrararyara felt really good after a few laps to get to know it, at the start I felt it understeering too but it was prob a combination of a car I don't know with cold tires.
But after just having messed about with it for a few laps I jumped over to the MP4-12C GT3, and good lord how much better brakes that thing has!
I was breaking too early because I had adjusted to the Pagani. I dunno if there's something different about it, but it drives as good as ever and wohaa what a car it is!

The 12C GT3 is by far the best car in the sim for me.

I think its an interesting car. Not particularly my favorite, but its pretty fun to drive. I also don't know if its just me, but you can feel the active aero kicking in at times like at corner entry.

You don't really realize just how fast you're actually going until you look at the backwards-spinning speedo (Really? Counter-clockwise...) For a car that can also go about on a public road, its very impressive IMHO.

I think if you drove the real thing you wouldn't say the brakes are poor and that the car understeers. It's really the perception and lack of feel you have sitting in front of a screen...

If you go 130kph on a highway in a real car it seems reasonalby fast...Imagine cornering a medium tight corner at that speed.
I hear what ur saying and you could well be right. However, compared to all of the other cars on ac and on rfactor and rfactor two, I find this car horrible for drive, with most of the others I can adjust, I'm not as fast as you but example, McLaren at Magieone I am top seven on leaderboard , although it didn't register today as live timing isn't working for me, my time was top seven in Pagani zonda at silverstone. ...then I step into the new Pagani and...it's horrible !

After the fumbling forplay of an outlap, once you have the tyres working the Hyuaaraayauaaya is immense. Very nice feeling through the wheel making it a pleasure to drive on the limits. Very predictable when the grip starts to give up, no nasty snaps.
Think i would like an Alcantara trim option - the current interior carbon fibre levels feels a bit tacky :D

I quite like the Huayra. I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but for me it feels as if you need to grab it by the scruff of the neck to get any sort of laptime out of it. If I try to coax it into a corner with finesse, it just doesn't respond and results in massive understeer.

I also noticed that even though it apparently generates 1000N.m of torque, it's got surprisingly good traction (yes I have TC: Off). I mean, you've really got to be trying to spin the wheels up and flick the tail out if you want the car to actually do it, otherwise it feels pretty well balanced.

@Kristaps1985

If you used a forum name and the rating "disagree" it might be more appropriate. I'm sure you didn't want to say, "dislike" because I gave an opinion?

just did some laps in the car. I think i was using too much steering input and its much better with steering with pedals. did a pretty rubbish lap but rank 17 at silverstone. there are easily 1-2 seconds to be found but at least i'm getting some kind of feel for it. very unstable car though for the money!

Andrew, no offense meant here, but maybe you are just used to the race cars in AC...

This thing can be driven to the store in comfort; air conditioning and sat nav and leather and all that good stuff...bolt on a pair of slicks and it runs times that are competitive with a GT3 car...and it does it without a big ugly wing on the back or diffuser sticking out the front dragging the ground.....simply amazing.

Chris, bolt on the semi's and see how easy it is to put all that power down....this thing is a beast when trying to run fast laps with the semi's; almost as much work as the F40....I'm loving it and haven't touched the setup yet. (other than changing tires)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%