old threads merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to rain on your parade mate but I would suggest that if you do make the car in Sketchup you will have extreme difficulties getting it into rFactor2. rFactor2 has a set of plugins that only work with 3DStudio Max and at this time Simed doesn't work with rFactor2 only rFactor1 in the rF series and cannot help you create the car as such.

Okay you have a lot of reading to do from here and I would suggest you get your blueprints, regardless of what car but follow a modelling tutorial and forget rFactor at this stage. Modelling takes a lot of time and patience and I think in the early stages a lot of experiments to find a way that suits you. If you find your model is good enough then you can start the tedious export process but by the time you have created your first model and if you really enjoy it then you will probably start all over again because you won't like it.

Good luck with your creation

An impression of the FULL layout.

There are 4 or 5 different layouts, including a drag strip ;). That can be fully operational once point to point racing is enabled.

Anyway, a vid:

Stupid question but how can you change the FOV like in the video? I've been trying the zoom in / zoom out function but they didn't work. :(

In the Control settings, you can set your seat settings. Use them to change the seat.
Use the same key's with CTRL and ALT I believe to set the side mirrors.

Some new fantastic screenshots with build 90.... :thumbsup:
Source

GRAB_209.JPG

Stunning, simply stunning.

Hi guys I have an Arduino dash that I have made for iRacing. I really want to be able to get it to work on rFactor2.

I have muddled my way through using some open source code and a CSV iracing provide with data vars that the game produces. I would love it if someone could give me some pointers as to what to do here?

Here are some videos. Cheers.

Removed the links for the moment.
Reason for that is that ISI has requested to wait a bit with spreading this one. It's a preliminary test version, which is downloaded from the ISI servers because they accidentely had download enabled there.

It is far from completed, and not officially released. Official release will probably be soon though, so we need to have a little bit more patience here ;)

I guess with the state of the British weather at the minute, its a good thing rF2 comes with rain as an option, especially where British tracks are concerned, lol.

Just like to add my appreciation for what looks a stunning recreation. Great job.

:D

I'm sorry to rain on your parade mate but I would suggest that if you do make the car in Sketchup you will have extreme difficulties getting it into rFactor2. rFactor2 has a set of plugins that only work with 3DStudio Max and at this time Simed doesn't work with rFactor2 only rFactor1 in the rF series and cannot help you create the car as such.

Okay you have a lot of reading to do from here and I would suggest you get your blueprints, regardless of what car but follow a modelling tutorial and forget rFactor at this stage. Modelling takes a lot of time and patience and I think in the early stages a lot of experiments to find a way that suits you. If you find your model is good enough then you can start the tedious export process but by the time you have created your first model and if you really enjoy it then you will probably start all over again because you won't like it.

Good luck with your creation

Yes I know all of that. I'm going to use blender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back