old threads merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
grab000vy.jpg

Well, as you can see, the AI wants to drive through the fence ;) Thats kinda hard to do :p :p.
This was on the Club layout by the way.

When I went on track (to soon offcourse, as always), and I drove out of my pitbox, I immidiately got DQ'd for leaving pits under red. So it seems the pit ends directly out of the pit tent (as there is no box but a tent).

New version of Botniaring is available.

Botniaring BETA V 0.53

This is FULL COMPONENT, not update. It's strongly advised to uninstall previous version 0.5 before installing this.

I wish I could release this as an update, but after banging my head to the wall few days when trying to make update component work, I decided to release this version as independent, full component.

I'm still troubleshooting component update problems and I'm not sure, if its rF2 BETA problem or lack of my knowledge. When those problems are solved, I will release update components instead of full component (like this one...).

Changelog:

- added little bit more tso's to garage area and s/f straight
- added fully functional SteerWheelMaps for each layout
- added Pit Exit Official to help exit pits correctly without getting black flagged
- added Starter Worker to S/F box, so there is somebody to wave checkered flag when race is over...
- added few new animations to few characters
- moved flaggerstations and Corner Workers correct points around the track to match real life track design
- fixed a bug with start lights illumination
- minor improvements to few textures

Next couple of days I will concentrate on AIW improvements and update packaging/installing problem, instead of gfx updates.

You can download FULL Component here.

Botniaring BETA V0.53

Cheers!

Hi everyone,
It has been a while since we have posted some previews of the WSGT2 mod project., so here we go for a little update.
Time has been a factor within the team the last few months, but that does not mean there is no progress.
While Arnold is doing some work on a Lotus, i worked on the templates and textures for the model Klaas is working on. As some may know, Klaas is a vivid Classic Le Mans fan, and therefore he loves his Le Mans prototypes.
He builded the WR LM94 that participated in the 1995 edition of the 24 hours of Le Mans.
The two cars, entered by Welter Racing locked out the front row but both cars did not finish the race.
In contrast to most of the cars we’ve made, which are mostly big manufacturer outfits, Welter Racing is a real amauteur outfit. They represent the true spirit of the Le Mans 24 hour race.
As usual, all is well at RMT.

Attachments

• 7435489042_a853291641_b.jpg
    7435489042_a853291641_b.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 483
  • 7435490280_37a6b832d5_b.jpg
    7435490280_37a6b832d5_b.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 211
  • 7435490552_6d98cfe557_b.jpg
    7435490552_6d98cfe557_b.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 461
  • 7435490818_b70192287c_b.jpg
    7435490818_b70192287c_b.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 213
  • 7435491004_1a1cb5dd67_b.jpg
    7435491004_1a1cb5dd67_b.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 223
This mod does not work for me. It is dependent on Searspoint 1.0, while Searspoint 1.35 is the current version and a standalone version. Isn't it possible to make a new file which is standalone and has references to updated tracks?

Hello!

Me and My brother are going to attempt to create a mod. We have a couple of questions since we have no idea how this modding stuff works.

1. Is there a specific type of car we should pick? Maybe there are certain shapes that are easier?

2. What should I use for rFactor 2? 3DSimED? Or is there something else?

3. Do we start with Google Sketchup?

4. If we do use Google Sketchup, the. Which one?

We are considering to create a Ferrari 333 SP.

Thanks in advance!

@Kol Bailey
2-4: I use 3ds Max for creating the geometry and mapping textures etc. I only use 3dSimEd to apply the correct material set and export and package correctly. I guess you can use Sketchup if you can export in a format that 3dSimEd can handle well, but I have no experience with Sketchup.

1: Don't have much advice here really. But if you want to model a real car, it's important to have good references. If you find a car with a nice blueprint etc, it will help you a lot. Also, what about the physics? Can you get enough data etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.0%