old threads merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Source : http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/6169-Botniaring-BETA
Okay Guys and Gals, here we go...​
Main purpose is to test new packaging and updating system. Secondary goal is improve the track graphically, fix gameplay-, AIW- and camera problems.​
This means that I will release series of updates in few days timespan, which will add features and fix problems. As rF2 is in BETA stage itself and it's gfx engine is under heavy developing, final version won't be released until rF2 reach Gold.​
Download link contains base COMPONENT file. Copy file to your Packages - folder and install it with Mod Manager. Remember uncheck Options/Show Mods only to make Mod Manager show components as well and install it normally. Use All Cars & Tracks option to select the track.​
Track contains three layouts: National, Club and Oval.​
In real life, club circuit is most used. Oval is used very, very rarely, or not at all. National circuit is under construction as we speak and will be opened in spring 2013. All layouts were modelled to scenery using actual blue prints/ACAD files and GPS data provided by track- and engineering companies. (Hi Jukka, Joni, Janika, Matti, Mika, Raimo and Juha! )​
Known problems of the track are:​
- All three layouts contains only very basic AIW files, which won't work perfectly. You can add only FIVE AI DRIVERS to your race, no more. If you add more, rF2 will crash. To be safe side at this point, jump right to the grid and leave practice and qualifying session alone if you want to race agains AI. However, practice session work normally for private testing (with limitation of 5 AI drivers).​
- There is NO camera files on this track at all. This means you cannot get external, TV - style view on replays.​
- The track has NOT been optimized yet at all. There is no LoD's, VisGroups, ShadowGroups and other features used, which will help optimize performance. If you have performance problems, turn down shadows, HDR etc. to gain more fps.​
- Scenery details are about 60 % complete, so many tso's and other details will be added via upcoming updates.​
- There are many gfx abnormalies, like poorly mapped- and placeholder-textures, lightning problems, missing details, etc.​
- ...and 1000+ more unfinished things...​
Preview :
New version of Botniaring is available.

Botniaring BETA V 0.53

This is FULL COMPONENT, not update. It's strongly advised to uninstall previous version 0.5 before installing this.

I wish I could release this as an update, but after banging my head to the wall few days when trying to make update component work, I decided to release this version as independent, full component.

I'm still troubleshooting component update problems and I'm not sure, if its rF2 BETA problem or lack of my knowledge. When those problems are solved, I will release update components instead of full component (like this one...).

Changelog:

- added little bit more tso's to garage area and s/f straight
- added fully functional SteerWheelMaps for each layout
- added Pit Exit Official to help exit pits correctly without getting black flagged
- added Starter Worker to S/F box, so there is somebody to wave checkered flag when race is over...
- added few new animations to few characters
- moved flaggerstations and Corner Workers correct points around the track to match real life track design
- fixed a bug with start lights illumination
- minor improvements to few textures

Next couple of days I will concentrate on AIW improvements and update packaging/installing problem, instead of gfx updates.

You can download FULL Component here.

Botniaring BETA V0.53

New version of Botniaring is avalable.

Botniaring BETA V0.6

This is FULL COMPONENT instead of update.

I still managed to make mistake on previous version packaging, so you have to UNINSTALL exist version of Botniaring and REMOVE "Botniaring_FR_BETA_V0.53.rfcmp" file from your "Packages" directory. I try to do better next time, so I can release true update instead of full component.

Changelog:

- added fully functional AIW files on all layouts. Track supports now 26 cars (25 AI's and you) and 13 teams. AI cars can now find their way out from paddocks to the track safely. AIW's are far from perfect, but they are fully functional.
- pitlane was rebuilded to fit full grid requirements
- fixed trees lightning problem. They are not perfect yet but much better than before, especially on low sun angles
- minor improvements on few textures.

I just came back home from Botniaring FinRace weekend. I had a possibility drive around the track with civil car and photographed carefully all missing points of the scenery. I start build new textures and tso's (not all of them, but many...) for next update immediately. Same time I also checked all chambers and elevations of the track. I was pleased to find out, that they are spot on. GPS data (which I used to model the track) was very accurate!

You can download new component here:

Botniaring BETA V0.6

Mirror: http://www.trackcreation.net/files/B...ETA_V0.6.rfcmp

Remember to uninstall previous version on remove old component file from your "Packages" directory before copying this one in.

Cheers!

It's a nice overvieuw. There is 1 more picture I can't find anymore. It contains all sort of different aspects of the racing, in 1 picture. If I come across it, I will post it here.

I drove a couple of laps with the Nissan GTR on this track and I enjoyed driving on this track a lot. :thumbsup: It still isn't finished, but that doesn't stop me from driving on it. :)

Hopefully it's usable for online races which I haven't tried...yet. :)

Some new screens I found on virtualR. Looking great aswell as the track.

7402123376_47ed60a3ca_o.jpg
7402125530_6bb7ebca66_o.jpg

Hmm this track is far from finished, and not useable for club racing in its current form.

Just did some laps on the Club layout, and got DQs for driving the wrong way whilst following the track lines. Also, AI just bumps in the fences leaving the pits.

Just to many things that has to be finished besides the graphical point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.3%