Old car forum posts (merged)

Hmmm Opel in Italian hands?

Maybe an Opel Abrath :)
In other news GM has cut funding for Pontiac (no more G8 GXP after this year) or any pontiac for that matter. Also my favorite decision GM has made lately is to cut the ever so ugly HUMMER. No more square box on wheels getting 7 miles per gallon. Last but not least, and the most worry some is the that Saab is getting cut. I don't know what that means exactly because GM was mostly just suppling the engines, with Saab actually doing the performance work. So maybe the Saab brand will continue somehow, at least I hope so.

Ferrari cant make a descent looking car if they tried anymore, Maserati's and Alfa's always break down.
I think you have a lot of prejudices. Current Alfas and Fiats are good quality. Their diesel engines are great. Prejudices.. Yes, if we lived in the 1980's I'd agree with you that Alfa and Fiat are crap, but we're 20 years further, and they've made big quality improvements.

I don't care much about Maserati and Ferrari, but still I think they both make beautiful cars. That's my opinion.

no! Opel going to Fiat is bad enough but please not Vauxhall.
Well what's Vauxhall nowadays? Just an Opel with an other (better looking) badge on it. Nothing more. You can't let Vauxhall survive solely in these times.

Heavily discuessed in Germany, I think the only one really intersted in this is Fiat. Even the German goverment is afraid, that Fiat is just keen on the credit they would get in case they rescue Opel.

Problem is that Fiat and Opel compete in to many areas, long term view, they would not be interested in keeping all models.

Therefore the German goverment and most other parties involved prefer other solutions, including the mentioned from Michael. But obviously there are even more companies interested to buy Opel.

Main reason, they just released a new model for which they have now to run extra shifts to fullfill the demand, whereas all other car manufacturs are currently setting their employees on part time.

Maybe an Opel Abarth :)
In other news GM has cut funding for Pontiac (no more G8 GXP after this year) or any pontiac for that matter. Also my favorite decision GM has made lately is to cut the ever so ugly HUMMER. No more square box on wheels getting 7 miles per gallon. Last but not least, and the most worry some is the that Saab is getting cut. I don't know what that means exactly because GM was mostly just suppling the engines, with Saab actually doing the performance work. So maybe the Saab brand will continue somehow, at least I hope so.

I thought it was just Pontiac and Saturn.

Villa d'Este

Bugatti Old and New

100 jaar Bugatti Villa d'Este-90.jpg

100 jaar Bugatti-02.jpg

100 jaar Bugatti-13.jpg

100 jaar Bugatti-78af.jpg

100 jaar Bugatti-81.jpg

Autoweek

Hans

Heavily discuessed in Germany, I think the only one really intersted in this is Fiat. Even the German goverment is afraid, that Fiat is just keen on the credit they would get in case they rescue Opel.

Problem is that Fiat and Opel compete in to many areas, long term view, they would not be interested in keeping all models.

Therefore the German goverment and most other parties involved prefer other solutions, including the mentioned from Michael. But obviously there are even more companies interested to buy Opel.

Main reason, they just released a new model for which they have now to run extra shifts to fullfill the demand, whereas all other car manufacturs are currently setting their employees on part time.
I don't know... VW also has a lot of models which in fact compete with each other..

I call:
Seat Ibiza, VW Polo, Skoda Fabia
or
VW Golf, Seat Leon/Altea, Audi A3, Skoda Octavia
or
VW Passat, Audi A6, Skoda Superb
or
VW Phaeton, Audi A8

Of course Audi is the so-called luxury brand, but price difference to VW Golf with Audi A3 is minimal. Seat is 'sports' brand, and Skoda is the boring brand. VW is the family brand.

Alfa is sportive brand for Fiat. Fiat should go with small models like the Fiat 500, Panda and Punto. And than let Opel do the rest with Astra, Vectra, Corsa and perhaps Insignia. |Of course Corsa and Punto are competing but Opel should be 'higher' in the market. I think the Fiat Croma will be useless :).

I don't know... VW also has a lot of models which in fact compete with each other..

I call:
Seat Ibiza, VW Polo, Skoda Fabia
or
VW Golf, Seat Leon/Altea, Audi A3, Skoda Octavia
or
VW Passat, Audi A6, Skoda Superb
or
VW Phaeton, Audi A8

Of course Audi is the so-called luxury brand, but price difference to VW Golf with Audi A3 is minimal. Seat is 'sports' brand, and Skoda is the boring brand. VW is the family brand.

Alfa is sportive brand for Fiat. Fiat should go with small models like the Fiat 500, Panda and Punto. And than let Opel do the rest with Astra, Vectra, Corsa and perhaps Insignia. |Of course Corsa and Punto are competing but Opel should be 'higher' in the market. I think the Fiat Croma will be useless :).
Valid point, though Fiat already has this model split with Alfa, Lancia, Fiat, Maserati, Ferrari. (Wonder what they are going to do with Chrysler :) ).
But also true the most successful models are the smaller ones (for Alfa and Lancia), at least in Germany.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back