Old car forum posts (merged)

• Kyle Evers

Two of the most beautiful cars on the planet IMO the e30 m3 and the merc 190 evo. Why do they not have the merc in GTR evo? Do they not have the green light from mercedes or something?

I love the 190s. Those were some of the best Mercedes ever built.

Philip has a point, it's cheap, saves money, and beats a bike. Simples!
I would hardly buy one, but I'd like to take it on a test drive and turn sharply and topple it over :)

Then, someday I'll buy one with my pocket money and race it. Tata Nano Banger Racing/Destruction Derby/Caravan Racing (if it can pull one)! I have some imagination :p

Peugeot 4007

Is this a +1 or a -1 for you?

Attachments

• peugeot 4007.1.jpg
    peugeot 4007.1.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 225
  • Andrew Dawes

I keep hoping a lot of these 'new release' vehicles are hoax's but i'm always disappointed to find out they are real.

You are looking at the future or cars. This is it. Every car on the road will be a specifc branded version of this. Every brand now makes the same car, and sells it in the masses. Your hot hatches are just the stepping stone and even they the VW Golf GTI in 16 yrs will be a slighly variant on this.

So the marketing meeting went something like 'could we have an xtrail/rav4 but put the distorted nose of a peugeot 407 on the front of it'. 'But the front end will look hideous'. 'Yes, but at least they'll know its a peugeot'.

For christ sake!!! :pissed-off:

• Hubert Cumberdale

lol, i can't believe those mercedes were used for touring cars, my dad has the road version and it's an old banger with a recently replaced engine. things break on it all the time lol

FWIW the White E30 M3 w/ the LUK badge in the first video is driven / owned by artur Deutgen.

The car is hugely prepared for the 24h @ nordeschleife and is the quickest E30 bar none. just 4-5 years ago he qualified in the top 10 in that little rocket!

Down load the video here and its worth your time!

http://20832.com/event.php3?event=000101_v&lang=eng&id=19
Can't find the actual link to the video. I can't read german. haha. Still trying to find it.

I figured it out!! Thanks!

Honda kills the s2000

They will no longer manufacture the club racer after the 2009 year, such a shame.
TOKYO -- First Honda killed the NSX sports car. Now the S2000 roadster gets the ax.
The Japanese automaker confirmed press reports that it will stop making the two-seater in June, after a decade of production.
Honda is cutting the rear-wheel-drive, four-cylinder S2000 because it would cost too much to make future generations meet environmental regulations in the United States, Europe and Japan, spokeswoman Yasuko Matsuura said today.
The S2000 was conceived to mark Honda's 50th anniversary. But the jaunty convertible won a fan following and became a regular in Honda showrooms. The model has sold more than 110,000 units worldwide since its debut in 1999.
But sales of the 10-year-old offering tumbled 41 percent to 2,538 in the United States last year as the financial crisis dried up sales.
Another casualty of the economic downturn was Honda's NSX high-performance car. Honda killed that car last month, saying it would focus on developing more practical vehicles.
The Civic Type R, a sporty version of the standard Civic, is now Honda's sportiest offering. The CR-Z sporty hybrid is due for the 2011 model year.

Attachments

• 7323.jpg
    7323.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 245

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 21.4%